Shaking things up a bit

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Shaking things up a bit

Post by planetmaker »

orudge wrote:Sorry, yes, it'd be "Transport Tycoon Screenshots, Scenarios and Saved Games" (since, of course, it wouldn't be for Locomotion games). It would likely go either underneath OpenTTD, or underneath Graphics Development, I guess.
It makes mores sense as sub-forum to a game, e.g. OpenTTD. As player who just wants to post a few screenshots or share a scenario, I d not think of visiting a development section :-)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

orudge wrote:It would likely go either underneath OpenTTD, or underneath Graphics Development, I guess.
Not specifically because it has less posts, but because it is arguably less important. The OpenTTD forums are the busiest, and these days, OpenTTD is what people think of when they hear the words "Transport Tycoon". It makes sense to have those forums as easy to access as possible, I'd say.
planetmaker wrote:It makes mores sense as sub-forum to a game, e.g. OpenTTD. As player who just wants to post a few screenshots or share a scenario, I d not think of visiting a development section :-)
You perhaps misunderstood me - I mean it'd be a section of its own, and that section would be positioned further down the forum index - possibly below the Graphics Development section, possibly above it.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

orudge wrote:
planetmaker wrote:It makes mores sense as sub-forum to a game, e.g. OpenTTD. As player who just wants to post a few screenshots or share a scenario, I d not think of visiting a development section :-)
You perhaps misunderstood me - I mean it'd be a section of its own, and that section would be positioned further down the forum index - possibly below the Graphics Development section, possibly above it.
Indeed I misunderstood, thanks for clearing that up :-)

The question which remains is then: what games are the posted screenshots, scenarios and savegames from? If it's, say >95%, OpenTTD, it could be moved to become a sub-section of OpenTTD, if the non-openttd content is significant one would leave it separate.

From inspection of the screenshot forum, the first page of active topics has only the infra-thread with somewhat recent ttdpatch screenshots. On the 2nd newest page all threads seem recently to feature OpenTTD screenshots, also the one prefixed 'TTDP'.
I didn't check too closely in the scenario forum, but my bets are on a similar ratio of OpenTTD vs. other content when looking at recent contributions.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, I would prefer they remain independent forums for now, I think.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

orudge wrote:Sorry, yes, it'd be "Transport Tycoon Screenshots, Scenarios and Saved Games" (since, of course, it wouldn't be for Locomotion games). It would likely go either underneath OpenTTD, or underneath Graphics Development, I guess.
I would actually like to see a LoMo subsection under the screenshots, scenarios and save games forum as that is the only part of LoMo that I'm still interested in. I occasionally visit the LoMo forums just to look at the screenshots and for me it would thus be easier if the screenshots for all the games are in one place :)
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Hello orudge,
May I ask for one more small favor, I will not ask for anything more for the rest of the day (forum time) I swear. :mrgreen:

I just noticed that new post in the AI forum do not show up in the active topics list.
Would you? Could you? Yeah that small button over there ... Thank you even if you'd rather not. ;)
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Hmm, it looks like that was nothing to do with it originally being a subforum, but more because I forgot to enable it in the first place. Sorry. :oops:
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

As far as I'm concerned, all thumbs up. :D
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

All is fine now in regards of the active topics. Thank you orudge.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

I suppose this had nothing to do with the outage we just had, is it?
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

No, that was unrelated.

Return to “News”