*** Forum fundraiser 2010 [£623.14 / £600 raised] ***

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

*** Forum fundraiser 2010 [£623.14 / £600 raised] ***

Post by orudge »

Happy new year everyone! And with a new year comes a new tt-forums donation drive!

The forums are continuing to grow, with over 130 million hits in 2009, and 2TB of bandwidth used. Such activity is very exciting, but unfortunately, it also costs a lot of money! Advertising makes up a certain amount of the costs, but unfortunately not as much as it once did. Therefore, this year's fundraiser has been set for £600 ($970, €680). If you could spare even just a few pounds, dollars, euros, or whatever currency you use, to help the forums, it'd be appreciated.

Instead of a single large donation, you may wish to consider sending a regular monthly donation, if this is something you can afford. Hosting for the forums is paid monthly, so this can help to spread things around a bit. If you'd be interested in donating like this, please let me know.

You can find the donation page here. Donations can be taken by PayPal and direct bank transfer. Within the UK, I can also accept cheques and postal orders. Within the US, I can accept checks and money orders. If there is another way you would like to donate, let me know and we can figure something out. Your donations are very much appreciated.

If you don't want to, or can't, send a monetary donation, you can use our Amazon affiliate links when you shop at Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com or Amazon.ca. Again, the donations page here explains that.

Thank you all for your support. Please let me know if you have any questions. (This announcement will be removed in the future.)

CURRENT TOTAL DONATED: £623.14 / £600

Click here to donate!
tb2571989
Director
Director

Re: *** Forum fundraiser 2010 [£5 / £600 raised] ***

Post by tb2571989 »

I was going to put a long and rambling post here, but instead I'll just say £10 and thanks Owen and the OpenTTD team.
What about you? Will you join me when the time comes to be a hero?
Hammo
Director
Director

Re: *** Forum fundraiser 2010 [£5 / £600 raised] ***

Post by Hammo »

I also sent through £10 a few hours ago
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: *** Forum fundraiser 2010 [£31.22 / £600 raised] ***

Post by orudge »

Thanks for all your donations so far. :)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Hmm, did I send you some money in 2009, Owen? I'm OK with giving you a monthly fee as long as that's possible within Paypal. Otherwise I know what will happen: I forget about it.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

That is possible, yep, I should be able to set you up a link for that. PM me with your PayPal e-mail address and how much you want to donate each month, and I will try to set up a subscription link for you - you'll have to approve it and suchlike, of course.

Thanks!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

orudge wrote:That is possible, yep, I should be able to set you up a link for that. PM me with your PayPal e-mail address and how much you want to donate each month, and I will try to set up a subscription link for you - you'll have to approve it and suchlike, of course.

Thanks!
Wrote it down on a note and will do so tomorrow.
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by bwong »

There was a link for the Canadian Amazon. How can I donate there?
Check out some of my work
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

There, I've send my first-ever donation.

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

bwong wrote:There was a link for the Canadian Amazon. How can I donate there?
You can't "donate" as such, but any purchases you make using that link will result in a small percentage going to the forums (about 5%). Note that this doesn't cost you any more, so I'd recommend everybody on the forums updates their bookmarks to point to those links. ;)

Thanks for all donations so far, everybody. I'm away from home just now, but shall try to keep the total roughly up-to-date as and when I can, and then will update it properly next weekend.
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by bwong »

so it would be more beneficial to donate directly, through paypal? If so, I'll try to get some money and donate
Check out some of my work
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Indeed so. There's also the fact that I only get paid by Amazon after reaching a certain threshold (say, $50), which can be a bit of a pain.
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

I want to donate, but I just want to make a simple credit card transaction.
inexces
Engineer
Engineer

Post by inexces »

Donated €5 for you guys, tnx for the energie you are putting in to this project.

And for anyone else, don`t take this site for granded and donate !
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

noofnoof wrote:I want to donate, but I just want to make a simple credit card transaction.
You should be able to do that via the PayPal links - you don't have to create a PayPal account to make a credit card payment. Look for the bit that says:

"Don't have a PayPal account?
Use your credit card or bank account (where available). Continue"

which is somewhat hidden away on the left.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

I decided to donate 5 Euro towards tt-forums.net and another 5 Euro towards the OpenTTD project. Thanks to all other donaters!

It seams like the PayPall form does not have the correct hints to the browser to not remember the credit card numbers etc. (I use Mozilla Firefox) So it is a good idea to visit the donate page once more after you have made your donation and go through the credit card form and use the arrow keys and the delete button to remove the stored credit card data from your browser.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Well, I've chipped in with my first donation to the forums (as far as I remember). Sorry for taking so long! I really appreciate the tt-forums and (most of) the people here.

@zuu: Why don't you use a 'one-time card' when paying on internet? My bank (Swedbank) makes it very easy to create a new 'virtual' card-ID for every transaction I do. Each transaction has its own limit, guaranteeing a zero-to-minimal loss whatever happens with your info.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

I use the Swedish bank that usually lag behind technology-wise (compared to other banks in Sweden). They don't provide any such virtual card service. Neither do they send email notifications on e-bills. :roll:
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Just to let people know that I shall update this total when I'm home on Sunday or Monday. Roughly, I think we're at around £100 or so just now. Thanks once again for all contributions so far!
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

without being rude, and I'm just curious, how come bandwith is going up if the most users was Fri May 12, 2006 8:45 am?

Return to “News”