*** Forum fundraiser 2010 [£623.14 / £600 raised] ***

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: *** Forum fundraiser 2010 [£31.22 / £600 raised] ***

Post by orudge »

Well, at that date, I believe there were a lot of spambots perusing the forums. What you should remember though, is that back in 2006, the attachment limit was perhaps 1MB. It's now grown to over 4MB, and there are many more people uploading many more attachments. This all uses bandwidth. I'm quite happy to provide that (and I much prefer it to people linking to, say, imageshack or photobucket or whatnot), but it all costs money.
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

I understand thank you, yes my internet speed has gone up dramatically since I joined these forums, and I'm downloading things I wouldnt otherwise. I will try and make a donation.
Private_pAuLa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Private_pAuLa »

Zuu wrote:I decided to donate 5 Euro towards tt-forums.net and another 5 Euro towards the OpenTTD project. Thanks to all other donaters!
Me, too.
so there are additional 10 bugs on your paypal account
cmoiromain
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by cmoiromain »

I will be giving 10€ sometime between now and next week end (as soon as I find the strength to stand up and fetch ly credit card ^^)

Thanks for providing with such a useful forum!

EDIT: Done!
I am little, ugly, and nasty. How do you do?
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

orudge wrote:Well, at that date, I believe there were a lot of spambots perusing the forums. What you should remember though, is that back in 2006, the attachment limit was perhaps 1MB. It's now grown to over 4MB, and there are many more people uploading many more attachments. This all uses bandwidth. I'm quite happy to provide that (and I much prefer it to people linking to, say, imageshack or photobucket or whatnot), but it all costs money.
There's also the point that just because the max users online at any one moment was in 2006, it doesn't mean that there were more people online overall, or that they downloaded more pages/images.

Unfortunately my paypal is somewhat sparse at the moment, I'll take another look when my student loan comes in :-)
Jon
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: *** Forum fundraiser 2010 [£149.48 / £600 raised] ***

Post by orudge »

We're a quarter of the way there, in just 11 days! Thanks for all your support so far. :)
DJC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJC »

Donated £10 before I spend all my money on beer. :wink: Seeing as the forums are hosting my Locomotion scenarios and mods and related discussions I think its about time I donated something.
Things I've made for Locomotion:
Scenarios: East Anglia | Trans Oceanic | Scotland | Narrow Gauge Nuts
Locomotives: (REL) BR 0-6-0 J94 | (REL) UK Steam Pack

My Flickr
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

IDK How much my €€€ convert to £££, but it was the least I could do in all these years ;-) (I now almost have a full-time job so, that amound is normally spend on half an evening of beer :P)

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
Red*Star
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: *** Forum fundraiser 2010 [£232.56 / £600 raised] ***

Post by Red*Star »

I just PayPal'ed EUR 10. Hopefully it is arriving at the right place - I think this is the first online-donation I made until now ;). Thank you Owen Rudge for this great forum!
Like sun is to the dark soil,
so is true enlightenment to the soil's friends.

N.F.S. Grundtvig
mantaray
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mantaray »

I've played this game for a long time and It keeps getting better all the time, thanks to all of you. Just donated £50 and joined the translator team. Keep up the good work everyone! :D
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Thanks to all donations so far, I'll update the total hopefully later tonight.
erregerre
Engineer
Engineer

Post by erregerre »

Another 10€ ref 3WH63683M5738152B.

In my country we said: " a grain doesn't fill a barn but helps to his partners"
Grano no hace granero pero ayuda al compañero. :)

I hope you understand my span-english
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

I just sent $20.00 USD for this year. Thanks for all the hard work by everyone that contributes...
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

my contribution should be there as well.
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: *** Forum fundraiser 2010 [£355.05 / £600 raised] ***

Post by andythenorth »

Owen - have you looked at Paypal Subscriptions? They're an easy to way set up a regular donation. If I remember rightly. you'll need a site or shop front or somewhere to host a 'Subscribe with Paypal' button (perhaps you can just post it at the start of this thread). Like most of Paypal, they're conceptually simple, but a bit fiddly to set up :shock:

I'd be happy to have a subscription, I'm sure others would. I think it's still good to ask for annual donations - it probably gets the issue more attention that way. Subscriptions might however provide a good base to start from :)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Yep, PayPal subscriptions are something we support. We don't currently have many users providing regular donations in that manner, but they are of course welcome. If you'd like to set one up, just send me a PM letting me know how much you wish to donate, and how frequently, and I can get you a subscription link. :)

Thanks!
Kreny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kreny »

5 EUR sent (I am poor employee with mortgage ;( ), this was my second-ever donation ! First came to OpenTTD project :)
Thanks for great forum and Your effort !
Dave

Post by Dave »

I don't wanna kick it off here but does OTTD's development team contribute anything from their donations for your hosting of pretty much their entire fanbase's work on the forum? I'm sure I'm about to get flamed by every OTTD dev under the sun but surely it'd be fair for them to chuck you a small slice at least?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

But they have massive amounts of traffic which they barely can pay for. In January, they used 3TB of bandwidth, owing to the dramatic increase in downloads with OpenTTD 1.0. If they're asking for mirrors, they can hardly be making a profit. Plus half these donations seem to be from the OpenTTD community anyway, contributing to the future of OpenTTD.

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=46889
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Kreny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kreny »

Dave Worley wrote:I don't wanna kick it off here but does OTTD's development team contribute anything from their donations for your hosting of pretty much their entire fanbase's work on the forum? I'm sure I'm about to get flamed by every OTTD dev under the sun but surely it'd be fair for them to chuck you a small slice at least?
I am OpenTTD fan and I have contributed with at least 5 Euros to this forum because I know how important is this forum for whole TT community. Or You think that everyone whome contributed did it because he/she just enjoys reading forums ? No, we are just players of any TT game which is in this forum and because of that, we are contributing.

Return to “News”