Username change requests

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Username change requests

Post by orudge »

If anybody wants their username changed, please post in this topic with your desired new username. No silly posts ("I want my username "X" to stay just as it is!") please, or I may get irritated, which may result in bad things happening. This topic will be open for a few weeks for requests to be posted. No changes are guaranteed, but the majority are likely to go through if nobody objects.
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Username change requests

Post by Samwise »

Serious request: I'd like to change my name to Samwise. I've been using this alias all over the internet for the past 2 years, and Darkmast49 just sounds so odd to me.. Is it possible to do that? Thanks in advance :)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Darkmast49 wrote:Serious request: I'd like to change my name to Samwise. I've been using this alias all over the internet for the past 2 years, and Darkmast49 just sounds so odd to me.. Is it possible to do that? Thanks in advance :)
We've just run a trace on you and it seems you haven't donated to the forum in the past 2 years. Sorry, your request can not be processed.

Sorry, Samwise. Just joking :wink: .
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hyronymus wrote: We've just run a trace on you and it seems you haven't donated to the forum in the past 2 years.
I do hope such information is kept classified :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Could my display name be changed to XeryusTC the Magnificent? Only the display name please, I would still like XeryusTC to be available as login name. I hope this can be done :)
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Beardie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Beardie »

I was thinking of dropping the "27" from my username please, if thats OK, The username "Beardie" sounds better :D
Previously Known As Beardie27
Check out my UPDATED! Screenshot Thread
Check out my Railway Photography and Deviant Account

Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

Hyronymus wrote:
Darkmast49 wrote:Serious request: I'd like to change my name to Samwise. I've been using this alias all over the internet for the past 2 years, and Darkmast49 just sounds so odd to me.. Is it possible to do that? Thanks in advance :)
We've just run a trace on you and it seems you haven't donated to the forum in the past 2 years. Sorry, your request can not be processed.

Sorry, Samwise. Just joking :wink: .
If only my parents allowed me to make a donation, I would have happily done it :) Since they don't, it'll have to wait another year or 2 :P
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

XeryusTC wrote:Could my display name be changed to XeryusTC the Magnificent? Only the display name please, I would still like XeryusTC to be available as login name. I hope this can be done :)
phpBB doesn't allow a separate display name to username, I'm afraid. Plus, this thread isn't "Display name change requests". ;)
Iguanna
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Iguanna »

Could you please drop the B off the end of mine? Thanks
tigerface
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tigerface »

Could I become tigerface please? There is no such thing as a Thanet Bomber any more.. :(
Formerly thanet-bomber.
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

Could i become T?
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Sorry for spoiling the topic but you are just new and already wanting a new name?
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

tommie wrote:Could i become T?
Do you mean "Tommie" with a capital T, or just "T"? If so, then you can't have a single letter username. ("r" was the exception to that, but that was before the new rules came in.)
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Hi Owen,

maybe it´d be possible to change mine to "mb" eventually? I know this one´s still taken by another user, but with only one single post back in 2004?

regards
Michael
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

The minimum username length for the past couple of years has been 3 characters. Coupled with the fact that there is, as you say, already a user called 'mb' (even if they haven't posted since 2004), I would prefer not to alter your username to 'mb'. Sorry to be a pain!

As for everyone else, I will leave this topic open for a while yet, and will change all the usernames at once, if there are no objections or problems.
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

Is there anyone called tommietomato? if not can i change to this as this is easier to remember as its my email address...
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

orudge wrote:The minimum username length for the past couple of years has been 3 characters. Coupled with the fact that there is, as you say, already a user called 'mb' (even if they haven't posted since 2004), I would prefer not to alter your username to 'mb'. Sorry to be a pain! [...]
Well, I´ve already asked for that particular change last year and (AFAIR) the year before last, and that "minimum username length" rule didn´t seem to be in effect back then. So, this comes as an unexpected restriction now.

With regards to that "existing user called 'mb'", I don´t think we should fear any inconsistencies here, neither from a technical side nor with regards to "forum policies". There was only one single-sentence post in 2004, and I bet he won´t return any time soon.

I´d really appreciate the change of my current user name, and I don´t think it should result in any problems neither for you nor for the forums as a whole. Maybe you´ve noticed that I´m already known over here as "mb", resp "MB".

regards
Michael
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

So you really want Owen to delete someone so you can be called MB here? If Owen decides on that I want to add a request for my name change to Hieronymus. Too bad for that other guy that registered with that handle then.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Hyronymus wrote: So you really want Owen to delete someone so you can be called MB here? If Owen decides on that I want to add a request for my name change to Hieronymus. Too bad for that other guy that registered with that handle then.
In my case I don´t see any problems for Owen with the name change. Your case may be a different one, I don´t know. In any way, it has nothing to do with my case. I really don´t know why you´ve been tempted to mix things up further.

regards
Michael
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

The cases are similar. I requested my username change years back but if you followed the link in my post you can see that Hieronymus is inactive for some 2 years now. So we both want a username change but there are limitations in the rules: Owen doesn't delete members to rename other members and Owen doesn't allow usernames with less than 3 characters. If that are the rules we have to accept that, regardless of our own (personal) desire to have our names changed.

I hope that explained my "mixing up" a bit :).

Return to “News”