Forum upgrade

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Forum upgrade

Post by orudge »

I've just upgraded the forums to the newest version of phpBB - if anybody notices anything wrong with the site, please post here.
Chrill

Re: Forum upgrade

Post by Chrill »

Well, I assume this is something wrong:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 25#p681325

It looks fine now, but it took a minute or two before it actually did show up. Was plain blank and white both in Internet Explorer and Firefox at first. Dunno, seems like a delay for making a new page of a topic? :?:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Sir Bob
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Sir Bob »

Yeah I've been seeing these white pages as well, not always on new pages. I go back and click the link again and it they work.

Sir Bob
Witty Signature!
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

I got them too yesterday and cleared my cache then, I don't know if it worked though as I went straight to bed afterwards. I will keep you updated.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, I experienced it once last night, but couldn't reproduce it. I tried restarting the server - has anybody experienced it since?
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

I experienced it a few times, but doing a page reload always fixed it (Firefox 2.0.0.13). I'm not sure if this was since you restarted the server though...

Another problem I've had today; if I send a PM with a link to a file that is attached to another PM, the recipient cannot download the file. They get the message: "The selected attachment does not exist anymore". This use to work well before and was very useful for sending a file to more than one user.
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

Here's one, look at the marked area.
Attachments
bug.jpg
(214.82 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Hmm, I haven't encountered any problems with blank pages after clearing my cache, so I think it helps, unless Owen restarting the server had any influence on it too.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Madassasin wrote:Here's one, look at the marked area.
Hmm, I must have uploaded an older version of the proSilver theme somehow... I'd got those icons working nicely before. Whoops. Shall try to get it sorted soonish.
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

I was logged out suddenly. I blame orudge. I want my monies back.
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Not sure if this is a bug in the prosilver theme or not, but here it is anyway... IE7 in use... Sould it be white background on logout etc.?
prosilver.png
prosilver.png (6.05 KiB) Viewed 6144 times
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

prosilver looks fine to me with Firefox. IE6 mis-renders in the same way.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Prosilver in FireFox for me, looks like the picture from Madassasin.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

Either get Firefox, Opera or Safari, or get IE8.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Madassasin wrote:Either get Firefox, Opera or Safari, or get IE8.
That is not a very proper derailment IMO ;).

Trond: IE is known to render some things different than other browsers, which can become a royal PITA. I suppose that the people who wrote ProSilver didn't want to fiddle around A LOT to fix it so I guess you'll have to live with it.
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

I guess you're right XeryusTC, and it doesnt really bug me much... But... If I change my prefered browser to firefox or something, then I azume that will fix this for the other IE users here, so I'll consider doing that :roll:

Bertrand Russell

orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

OK, the problem that Madassasin had should be fixed. Not sure about Trond's problem, it may have been fixed as a side effect of this other problem.
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Yes Orudge!! :bow: Fixed :). And I didnt even had to use FireFox ;) Good job!

Bertrand Russell

Return to “News”