Username change requests

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Re: Username change requests

Post by Raichase »

God, not more changes. Can people please THINK before changing, as it confuses the hell out of people who can only visit on occasion, like myself.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Raichase wrote:Can people please THINK before changing
Can people please THINK before registering :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Raichase wrote:God, not more changes. Can people please THINK before changing, as it confuses the hell out of people who can only visit on occasion, like myself.
Well, all users who change nickname are required to include their old nickname in their signature for a period of at least a month or so. Also, they're all recorded in That Place Wot Should Not Be Named, as you know. ;)
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

if it's still open i would like to be changed to SkeedR please. (Case senseitive if possible)
Last known as: Weirdy
SmatZ
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by SmatZ »

Purno wrote:Can people please THINK before registering :wink:
Some forums allow different username and nickname.
The text at the 'Register' page doesn't say at all that you will have to use your username as your nickname.

Code: Select all

Username:
Length must be between 3 and 20 characters.
I thought I will be able to change my nickname after registering, but it isn't possible...
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

phpBB 3 allows that, but it's not enabled on these forums.
m4rek
Chairman
Chairman

Post by m4rek »

Could you drop the capital from my name please, I am merely "m4rek"
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

B. N. SmatZ! wrote: I thought I will be able to change my nickname after registering, but it isn't possible...
Thankfully it isn't. Otherwise we'd have people changing their names frequently, and we'd have a lot of "Huh? Who are you?" and "Oh, it's you." moments.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

Purno wrote:
B. N. SmatZ! wrote: I thought I will be able to change my nickname after registering, but it isn't possible...
Thankfully it isn't. Otherwise we'd have people changing their names frequently, and we'd have a lot of "Huh? Who are you?" and "Oh, it's you." moments.
Yes, that's enabled on another forum I browse and there are a lot of 'Huh?' moments. :lol:
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

OK, so when are our usernames gonna be changed?
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Desolator wrote:OK, so when are our usernames gonna be changed?
Uhh, perhaps when orudge gets a chance. I don't know about some people here, but forum staff have their own lives to lead too...
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Raichase wrote:
Uhh, perhaps when orudge gets a chance. I don't know about some people here, but forum staff have their own lives to lead too...
In general, you do have a point, however, it's been 2 weeks after the previous post and changing usernames isn't a very big job. I think he's right asking the progress politely, as he did.
Image Image
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Purno wrote:
Raichase wrote:
In general, you do have a point, however, it's been 2 weeks after the previous post and changing usernames isn't a very big job. I think he's right asking the progress politely, as he did.
Perhaps not quite as polite as he might have meant, i realise English probably isnt his native language, but for those of us for whom it is, it does come over slightly arrogant and demanding.

Besides, as Rai pointed out, people do have real lives to live as well as being online, managing a community such as this one is surely quite a job, he is as entitled as anyone if not more so to continue to lead his life when he wishes to :)
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Owen is very busy, good for him, but tell me, why is this username change SO important that it can't wait a few weeks ....
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

spaceman-spiff wrote:Owen is very busy, good for him, but tell me, why is this username change SO important that it can't wait a few weeks ....
Thankyou. Most forums don't grant such a change en masse, and so often as orudge does, so a bit of patience never hurt, did it? ;).

You lot have had your names for so long now, another week or two won't hurt ;)
ImageImage
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Besides the old names are still recognised so it isn't really important either, it's the post you make that is important. :)
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Weirdy wrote:if it's still open i would like to be changed to SkeedR please. (Case senseitive if possible)
Having thought about it, please don't.
Last known as: Weirdy
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Apologies for the lack of progress here, whenever I've meant to do it, I've been distracted by something else. Hopefully I'll get ten minutes over the next week or so where I can get this sorted.
Mr Pattle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr Pattle »

If possible, could I please have my name changed to 'Mr Pattle' - I'm fed up with this stupid fake name, and I don't know why I used it in the first place.
Formerly Known as 'Geoff Holemanson'.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." Douglas Adams

Please don't e-mail me unless it's important.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

So Mr Patlle is your real name ? I thought everybody had fake names here, makes you wonder ...
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future

Return to “News”