Welcome to the newly upgraded forums!

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Welcome to the newly upgraded forums!

Post by DaleStan »

A browser better web get.

Oh, wait. Dave said I was supposed to say them in a different order, didn't he? Web get browser better a, then.

<gd&r>
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Hm, I notice you appear to be using some form of Adblock. If I were being a crueller man, I would refuse technical support for this reason.

What browser are you using, can you give examples of topics that do and don't appear, or URLs for which they do or don't appear? Can you give more information to reproduce the problem?
Jezulkim
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Jezulkim »

I'm using IE 6. This happens randomly but not very often, I've had this about five times.
In order to protect the visitors of this site,
TTO Full Conversion!
This post has been lol 1337 times.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Yes, but is there anything reproducible about it? Certain pages you're viewing, perhaps? Anyway, I'd suggest you try a different browser for now, I've no idea otherwise.
kezza
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kezza »

Just popping in to say hello!

A much better alternative to DaleStan's advice.
Jezulkim
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Jezulkim »

orudge wrote:Yes, but is there anything reproducible about it? Certain pages you're viewing, perhaps? Anyway, I'd suggest you try a different browser for now, I've no idea otherwise.
No, I haven't found a way to reproduce it. I'm sure it's random. But anyway, it's not a big deal, I just thought you wanted to know about this kind of problems.
In order to protect the visitors of this site,
TTO Full Conversion!
This post has been lol 1337 times.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, thanks for letting me know. Without more information though, I don't think anyone can do anything about it.
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Jezulkim wrote:I think I found a bug. Sometimes the thread title is missing, well it's there but just not visible. I've attached a picture explaining it better. IE 6 is my web browser.
I have got that problem in my Internet Explorer 6, but I always use the latest firefox... Maybe its just an old IE6 issue I think, what the phpBB developers didnt notice.
aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by aahz77 »

Jezulkim wrote:
orudge wrote:Yes, but is there anything reproducible about it? Certain pages you're viewing, perhaps? Anyway, I'd suggest you try a different browser for now, I've no idea otherwise.
No, I haven't found a way to reproduce it. I'm sure it's random. But anyway, it's not a big deal, I just thought you wanted to know about this kind of problems.
The problem is reproducable. It only appears on threads where moderators are defined. If I open such a thread, the thread title is invisible. When I hover over it, it becomes visible again. And to re-hide it, I have to hover over the moderator(s) link and then hovering upwards to the title. When the mouse pointer reaches the title link, it disappears again. Note that it is only invisible; it's still there, the mouse pointer is in "link" mode (the pointing hand or whatever your system uses), and the link is clickable. Note that the link becomes visible again on the mouseDown event (without the underline), and changing to visited (i.e. in this case, underlined again) on mouseUp.

I tried it with JavaScript deactivated, but the problem persisted. So it doesn't seem to be a script issue. I have already had a look into the css, but I couldn't find anything that could cause this behavior, and I can't explain it to myself how this is possible at all.

By the way, the dark blue (#000099) of the moderators link is nearly unreadable on the TT grass background.
One after one, by the star-dogged Moon,
Too quick for groan or sigh,
Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
And cursed me with his eye.

-- Samuel T. Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Hmm, I've really no idea what the cause of that problem is. Seems very odd indeed.

With regards to the moderator colours, it's very hard to find enough unique colours that work on all three themes. The current ones appear to work in the most important places reasonably well.

Return to “News”