Welcome to the newly upgraded forums!

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Welcome to the newly upgraded forums!

Post by andel »

Not the SROTU wrote: Anyway, it may be a pain, but it's really not that hard to get used to - just press SHIFT when you click the link, or right-click it and choose Open in New Window/Tab. Personally, I've been doing the latter pretty much forever, anyway.
Sorry dude, its a big pain in the ass when you are using a tablet because your typing has packed up again... ergo - no shift. This has taken me 10 minutes to hand write this and translate.

Would welcome the option to have new windows any day.

Andelidom
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Dave

Post by Dave »

FooBar wrote:
orudge wrote:...Anyway, it may be a pain, but it's really not that hard to get used to - just press SHIFT when you click the link, or right-click it and choose Open in New Window/Tab. Personally, I've been doing the latter pretty much forever, anyway. ;)
Or try the middle mouse button (when using a browser of the newest generation).
And if one doesn't have this fabled middle mouse button?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Simultaneously clicking with left and right sometimes does the trick, and <ctrl>-click or <shift>-click, depending on desired result, should also work.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

Alternatively, I have known of at least five people in the past that have not realised the mousewheel is a button. :P
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

jonty-comp wrote:Alternatively, I have known of at least five people in the past that have not realised the mousewheel is a button. :P
Make that six, I now know :D
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
marcf
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by marcf »

hah! mine even has scroll left and right
in other news, where ya been Raichase?
<Singaporekid> Hah! I don't get quoted!
16:00 <RPharazon> ROBOBOY
16:00 <RPharazon> YOUR ISP SUCKS
16:01 * Quits: RPharazon (Read error: Connection reset by peer)

Official TT-Bandwagon Fan Club
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

One little thingy: there are no contact buttons for users in their posts, you must go to profile to contact them. Bug or intended?
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

jonty-comp wrote:Alternatively, I have known of at least five people in the past that have not realised the mousewheel is a button. :P
The mousewheel tends to scroll whenever you press it. Using the mousewheel as button is kinda annoying. But indeed, the mousewheel is a button.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

Purno wrote:
The mousewheel tends to scroll whenever you press it. Using the mousewheel as button is kinda annoying....
If you have a crappy mouse (like mine), yes. I had to remap the button to the side one. Otherwise it is a pleasant feature.
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

So it's finally here then :P
Will take some getting used to I think, but at least it's here after all this time.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

So, how do you inline your or other people's attachments?
Moriarty
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Moriarty »

andel wrote:Bit of a problem when you are used to simply left-clicking... I dunno what'd take to add the code in... what we need is a load of geeks to offer solutions... :O
What do you do on other websites? I open most windows using the middle mouse (or keyboard shortcuts) by default (thus getting a new tab).

It's the only way to browse. ;)

Worley wrote:And if one doesn't have this fabled middle mouse button?
You read one of the several posts (mine included) that tells you which keyboard shortcut to use. ;)

Wiley wrote:One little thingy: there are no contact buttons for users in their posts, you must go to profile to contact them. Bug or intended?
I'd imagine intended. How often do you contact someone? Not very. So from a design perspective there's no reason for them to be there.
Purno wrote:The mousewheel tends to scroll whenever you press it. Using the mousewheel as button is kinda annoying. But indeed, the mousewheel is a button.
Never happens for me and I've gone through countless (cheap) mice. You need to refine your clicking skills. ;)

Edit: Owen:
The "edit signature" works fine in Firefox (2. something) and Opera 8.51. It's just this Opera (9.10) that's broken.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

There is a button when you post to inline attachments.

sorry Raichase and the rest of the peoples.
Last edited by WWTBAM on 16 Jul 2007 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

robotboy wrote:There is a button when you post
Please use quote tags to show who you're replying to - as a free standing post, that doesn't make any sense :)).
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

robotboy wrote:There is a button when you post to inline attachments.

sorry Raichase and the rest of the peoples.
What button?
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Csaboka wrote:Can someone tell me what these dots on some topic icons mean?
dot.PNG
(Yay for inline attachments, BTW :D )

The FAQ page doesn't mention them, they aren't explained in the legend at the bottom, and I couldn't find any pattern in them myself, either.

[edit] Oh, never mind, I've just found the pattern. The dots indicate that I'm watching the topic. Silly me :D It's useful that you can see a list of them in UCP, too.
when qouting an inline immage it is already done and this bbcode
dot.PNG
is it.

I think the button appears when you hit add file then there is an inline button that appears. I can not get an immage for you right now White Rabbit.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:One little thingy: there are no contact buttons for users in their posts, you must go to profile to contact them. Bug or intended?
I presume that's intended.
White Rabbit wrote:So, how do you inline your or other people's attachments?
You can't inline other people's attachments (well, you could link to them with [img], but phpBB may well reject that because it links to a .php file). Use the little drop-down that appears in the "Upload Attachment" to inline your own, though - it shows up as something like [attachment=0], if I remember correctly.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

orudge wrote:(well, you could link to them with [img], but phpBB may well reject that because it links to a .php file)
Just done it, seems to work fine.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

orudge wrote: You can't inline other people's attachments (well, you could link to them with [img], but phpBB may well reject that because it links to a .php file). Use the little drop-down that appears in the "Upload Attachment" to inline your own, though - it shows up as something like [attachment=0], if I remember correctly.
Ah, there it is. Thanks. :)
Purno wrote:
orudge wrote:(well, you could link to them with [img], but phpBB may well reject that because it links to a .php file)
Just done it, seems to work fine.
But how do we find the filename? As shown by http://www.tt-forums.net/files/valley_199.png, using filenames still works, only we can't see them anymore when downloading attachments. Using the current .php extension would not work on many forums, for instance.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Ooh, it's definately a lot more modern looking. It'll take some getting used to though!

Return to “News”