Merry Christmas!

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Merry Christmas!

Post by orudge »

Hmm, this time of year again already? It's only the fourth time I've done my annual SROTU™'s Speech, and it's been a busy year. You guys posted some 145,126 posts this past year, and a some 5,534 users signed up (I dread to think how many of those were spambots) - 1,248 more than in 2005. These figures brought us to the big half a million posts mark, and the big 10,000 user mark! Exciting stuff, no? You guys have also used roughly a terabyte of bandwidth this year (although, the router figures claim it's closer to 1.8TB when you include uploads and various network overheads!) - that's some 104 million hits over the course of the year, serving some 14 million pages! Bet you're glad you don't pay the hosting bill, eh? :P (Feel free to send me a Christmas present and donate to the forums, though!)

Many things have happened in the world of TTDPatch and OpenTTD, both games have come on leaps and bounds, with the release of the TTDPatch 2.5 betas, and the OpenTTD 0.5 release candidates. Plus, you lot, the users, are getting ever more creative, with new graphics sets, new game features, and new ways to insult Dave Worley coming along every day. ;) Keep it up!

Hmm, and it wouldn't be Christmas without me mentioning the ever-on-the-horizon next version of phpBB. :oops: Last year, we saw phpBB 2.2 become 3.0, and the prediction was that it'd be out this year. Well, it was, in a fashion... we've had 4 betas, so I do believe that 2007 will actually be the year of phpBB 3.0. Really, this time. Last year I did include a disclaimer that it might not be. ;) We'll see.

Merry Christmas everybody, and I hope you all a happy new year!
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

It's Dave creating all the spam bots, he is the spam King! It can only be him ;)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Happy X-mas and a Merry New Year!

To all of you! :)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Why you didnt say anything about Locomotion? :(

Ow and what i said earlier; i hate Christmas so only a Happy New Year from me...
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Merry Christmas everybody :D
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Born Acorn »

orudge wrote:Hmm, and it wouldn't be Christmas without me mentioning the ever-on-the-horizon next version of phpBB. :oops: Last year, we saw phpBB 2.2 become 3.0, and the prediction was that it'd be out this year. Well, it was, in a fashion... we've had 4 betas, so I do believe that 2007 will actually be the year of phpBB 3.0. Really, this time. Last year I did include a disclaimer that it might not be. ;) We'll see.
Far into the future: "Well, I did really believe it was going to be released in 2007! However, I do believe 2015 willin fact be the year of its release!"

:p

Merry Christmas!
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Merry Christmass and Happy New Year! :D
*waiting two weeks for congrats, as usual :wink: *
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:Merry Christmass and Happy New Year! :D
*waiting two weeks for congrats, as usual :wink: *
I do hope the xmas theme and smileys will stay up till you celebrated xmas too, Wile. My xmas avatar will be, anyways.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Thanx, Purno! :D
But Christmass theme stays till 5th January AFAIK.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

And when do you celebrate xmas?
Image Image
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

January 7th, and also celebrate Orthodox New Year at January 14th.

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hereby I'd like to ask Owen to keep the Xmas theme online till the Orthodox Xmas has been passed too. :)
Image Image
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Merry Christmas, keep x-mas theme for Wile, and make sure to get phpbb 3.0 this year. Or else... :twisted:

Oh, and it seems I'm not getting home anytime soon, but I dunno really.. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Chanukka, and all other stuff :P
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Thanx people for support! :D
Hope SROTU :bow: will support that idea too. :wink:

SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Merry Christmas Owen! And a Happy New Year! :P
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Merry Christmas everyone and a splendid new year. :)

They should merge PHP3.0 with Dukenukem Forever.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Nah, they should rewrite phpBB 3.0 in C and integrate it into lighttpd. The forums would be blazingly fast then. :P

It's only take another 25 years.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Owen, I promise they could do so before it's year 2015 even ;) 8 years
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Maybe I'll just have to raise enough capital to pay someone to do it. Or even... do it myself! *shudder*

:mrgreen:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Just create your own forum software.....
It be quicker than waiting for phpBB3 to reach Gold status.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.

Return to “News”