Spam posts: Please do not reply to them!

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

I also realised that, in active threads, where spam posts happen occasionally, even though you want to continue the discussion, you can't, for the normal reasons. So, say the spammer attached something to this topic (they can't because it's locked), but if they do, we couldn't post in here until the post was removed.

So, even though you're not replying to the post, per se, they will still get a topic reply notification, and it will still alert the spammer that there is activity on this forum - and we need to trick 'em :D.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Yes, I'm posting to this topic again. ;) I've removed the "aber" ban. The .info ban is still in place for now, but more to the point, I've installed a new anti-spam mechanism which should hopefully help protect against most bots at the moment. Occasionally a genuine user may accidentally trip the anti-spam mechanism for a not entirely known reason - if this happens, you'll get an error message telling you you've done so. Try refreshing with F5. If it doesn't work, press back on your browser, copy the contents of the message box, return to the original post page, press Reply again, paste your message back and try submitting again. Let me know if you do encounter any errors as a result of this. Thanks.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

orudge wrote:I've installed a new anti-spam mechanism
What he means is, he installed a mod...

...and he LOVES it!

Deserves a whole news topic of it's own, really.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club

Return to “News”