HOST: Scheduled downtime / FORUM: Loss of Login

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

HOST: Scheduled downtime / FORUM: Loss of Login

Post by orudge »

A message from my host:
This email is to inform you that we will have an emergency scheduled maintenance window on Monday January 3rd, 2005 at 12:00AM EST.

Reason for Maintenance:

Vulnerability in Cisco IOS regarding specially crafted packets causing interface shutdowns and resets.

Maintenance Window:

12:00AM - 2:00AM EST
00.00 - 02.00 EST is 05.00 - 07.00 GMT, if I'm not mistaken, so the server might be down for a short while in that period.
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

It is highly possible that you lost your login status around 2:57 PM GMT, 02 January 2005.
This is because Owen edited the session cookies to only be for tt-forums hoping to fix the problems with unread topics, amongst other things.
This of course caused everybody to lose their login status.
Last edited by GoneWacko on 03 Jan 2005 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Observer
Logo Creator

Post by Observer »

GoneWacko wrote:It is highly possible that you lost your login status around 2:57 PM GMT.
This is because Owen edited the session cookies to only be for tt-forums hoping to fix the problems with unread topics, amongst other things.
This of course caused everybody to lose their login status.
I thought IE was playing ignorant (as usual)... this explains :)
Never fear, I is here...
way_2_fun
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by way_2_fun »

I noticed an interesting bug. After typing my username and hitting tab, my password suddenly appeared! :shock: That better be fixed...
CombatGold1
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CombatGold1 »

thanks for the notice owen :p
Thanks,
Adam Reece.
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

way_2_fun wrote:I noticed an interesting bug. After typing my username and hitting tab, my password suddenly appeared! :shock: That better be fixed...
sounds more like your browser saving passwords.
The forum doesn't do this.
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

way_2_fun wrote:I noticed an interesting bug. After typing my username and hitting tab, my password suddenly appeared! :shock: That better be fixed...
What browser do you use? In Firefox, all you have to do is go to options, security and click on saved paswords - it will give you a list of all the websites it has saved passwords for, and you can delete "tt-forums" from it.

I had to do that after I realised it was automatically logging me into online banking, which anyone could do if they stole my PC! :o. Good thing I deleted THAT info, eh? 8)
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

OK, while this isn't really a related topic, I'll just announce it here: I've taken the Christmas decorations down - if you still get part or all of the xmas theme, do a hard refresh in your browser (usually CTRL+F5).
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Awwwww :(
*cry*

Return to “News”