Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 6:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

At some point in the next week (I’m afraid I can’t say when exactly, as I don’t know, but it’ll likely be a weekday evening) the forums will go down for up to a few hours as a phpBB upgrade will be taking place. This long-overdue update to phpBB 3.2 will offer improved quoting, a notification system, emoji support, plus improved anti-spam systems and various other behind-the-scenes improvements.

There will also be a brand new, cleaner, responsive TT-Forums theme, which will resize appropriately on mobile devices. It may be a bit rough around the edges to start with, and will also lack most of the custom icons etc that we currently have, but it should still offer a distinctive TT-like design that is better suited for modern systems. The default phpBB proSilver theme will also be available for those who prefer not to use the TT theme. (subSilver2 will however be retired at this point.)

The forum server is also due an OS upgrade, which I may perform after upgrading the forums depending on how long the latter takes. Basically, don’t be alarmed if the forums are down (a message should be displayed) at some point during the next week!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:32 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Good luck and may it go smoothly :)

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:09 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Note that I haven't forgotten about this, but it's a very busy week with birthdays and other things going on, so it may be next week before I get to it now. Sorry!