*** Forum fundraiser 2018 [£531.10 / £500.00 raised] ***

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

*** Forum fundraiser 2018 [£531.10 / £500.00 raised] ***

Post by orudge »

As regular visitors will know, these forums are run on a voluntary basis, funded partially by advertising, but mostly by your very generous donations. While donations are accepted all year, I like to post this topic once a year to try to get enough donations to run the site for the upcoming year.

The forums continue to be busy, although traffic is down a bit compared with a few years ago - attachments, etc, however continue to consume a significant chunk of bandwidth. We’re aiming for £500 of donations again (around US $675, or €560), to help cover as much of the expense of running the forums as possible. Your generosity is greatly appreciated, and has been appreciated for many years - without your help, the forums may not exist today. If you could spare even just a few pounds, dollars, euros, or whatever currency you use, to help the forums, it will be a great help.

Instead of a single large donation, you may wish to consider sending a regular monthly donation, if this is something you can afford. Hosting for the forums is paid monthly, so this can help to spread things around a bit. If you'd be interested in donating like this, please let me know.

You can find the donation page here. Donations can be taken by PayPal (including credit/debit card payments - you don't need a PayPal account) and direct bank transfer (including international bank transfers). Within the UK, I can also accept cheques and postal orders. If there is another way you would like to donate, let me know and we can figure something out. Your donations are very much appreciated.

Image (GBP) Image (USD) Image (EUR)

If you don't want to, or can't, send a monetary donation, you can use our Amazon affiliate links when you shop at Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com or Amazon.ca. Again, the donations page here explains that.

Please note that donations to OpenTTD are NOT donations for the forums; the forums and OpenTTD are unconnected (although I process donations for both, they are held and recorded separately). To donate to the forums, please use this link, not the link on the OpenTTD web site.

Thank you all for your support. Please let me know if you have any questions. (This announcement will be removed in the future.)

CURRENT TOTAL DONATED: £531.10 / £500.00 (106%)

Click here to donate!
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: *** Forum fundraiser 2018 [£0.00 / £500.00 raised] ***

Post by Transportman »

I got you 10 Zimbabwean dollarEuros.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: *** Forum fundraiser 2018 [£452.35 / £500.00 raised] ***

Post by orudge »

Thanks to those who have donated so far, and thanks in particular to one very generous donor who sent a very large donation indeed, meaning we're now 90% of the way there! Thank you very much indeed, your support is very much valued. :)
AntoninKyrene
Engineer
Engineer

Re: *** Forum fundraiser 2018 [£452.35 / £500.00 raised] ***

Post by AntoninKyrene »

Owen,

I donate 47.65 pounds to get us to 500.00, and a monthly donation of 25.00 USD moving forward to keep us nice and healthy. You may split that money up however you choose. I would like to thank Apple TV and the FOX Sports App for allowing me to cut the cord, which greatly reduced my TV bill and allowed me to shift some monthly spending to a very worthy cause.

Remember, kids. Proper football is played on a pitch. Hurling is a Gaelic sport and not a gastrointestinal reflex, and footy is how we football down under!

-Marc
Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: *** Forum fundraiser 2018 [£531.10 / £500.00 raised] ***

Post by orudge »

Thank you very much, Marc!

We have now reached our target very quickly indeed, and thanks to folk who have set up recurring subscriptions, we shouldn't need to ask for as much next year either. As always, your support is always appreciated, and helps to keep the forums running. Thanks again, everyone! :)
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

You probably don't mind my small donation right? :)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

No, certainly not - thank you very much! That should help keep us going into 2019 as well. :)

Thanks again to everyone who has donated!

Return to “News”