Transport Tycoon - Hall of Fame...

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
Team Simuscape
Engineer
Engineer

Transport Tycoon - Hall of Fame...

Post by Team Simuscape »

The Transport Tycoon Hall of Fame

Welcome to the introduction of Transport Tycoon Hall of Fame, an event which is scheduled to return annually, two times a year, spring and autumn. The purpose of the Transport Tycoon Hall of Fame is to honour those who in various ways through their contributions and efforts have played a significant role in the creation and development of a game and a community that we can all reap the benefits of today. Without a doubt, and in any case it is important to be able to highlight and take notice of their work - regardless of individual influences - which in the end have led to an initial good game to develop into an even better and above all an enhanced gaming experience. These contributions and these efforts have resulted in virtually almost endless possibilities, having access to a variety of features for our own creativity and personal gaming style. By honouring and take notice of their diverse contributions and efforts over the years, we demonstrate not only our infinite gratitude, but also allow for future users, future generations, to obtain knowledge of a game and a community that we all in our own personal significant ways, more or less have been part in creating together.

Who can be nominated, and how do I nominate?

You are free to nominate one person or more that in your honest opinion may have contributed to Transport Tycoon. Either because they have contributed to the game itself, or to the ongoing development of TTDPatch or OpenTTD, or in any other way that you may consider has been just as important for the overall gaming experience, or the Transport Tycoon community at large! Keep in mind that the nominee of your choice does not need to be active on any forums, nor need it be someone that is active on a forum on which you are active yourself. Both the nominating and ballot procedures will run simultaneously on Simuscape, TT-forums, and TT-MS Headquarters' forum.

You nominate by sending a pm to the undersigned before the nomination period ends. Please feel free to state the reasons for your choice of nomination, and make sure to add "HoF TT 2013-1" to the subject line.

When does the ballot procedure start, and how does it work?

The ballot begins when the nomination period has expired and all the nominations have been tabulated. The ballot is executed through a closed poll. This is to ensure that any vote submitted isn't influenced by other members votes, something which may give a misleading result. The nominees receiving the highest number of individual nominations will be subject to the ballot, and the total number of nominees that can be accommodated is capped at 10.. If one or more of the nominees of your own choice aren't among the ones listed in the ballot, it's due to receiving too few nominations compared to other nominees. Only one vote can be submitted, meaning that it is NOT allowed to submit votes on each participating forums ballot, should multiple accounts be in possession. Discovery of such voting behaviour will result in the annulment of the incorrectly placed votes - something that ultimately may lead to an inductee being deprived of a Transport Tycoon Hall of Fame installation.

In the event one or more nominees has received a comparable number of nominations, and the cap of 10 nominees hasn't been reached, a separate closed poll, (i.e. Selective Ballot), will be executed, running for a week. Should also this Selective Ballot end up in a tie, a second Selective Ballot will run for four, (4), days, and if the result still ends up in a tie, a third and final Selective Ballot will follow, running for two, (2), days. Should a tie situation at this point still prevail, the Final Ballot will include all nominees subject to the third Selective Ballot.

In the event that the Final Ballot results in a tie, the same procedure as for the initial selection process is executed. If in the third Selective Ballot, a tie still remains, all of the nominees subject to the third Selective Ballot will be inducted to the Transport Tycoon Hall of Fame.

What happens when the ballot is complete?

When the ballot time frame has expired, the inducted Transport Tycoon Hall of Fame winner will be announced on all participating forums, (i.e. Simuscape, TT forums and TT-MS Headquarters' forum). A more comprehensive description of the inductee to the Transport Tycoon Hall of Fame will be published on Simuscape's Transport Tycoon Hall of Fame section, along with facts, accomplishments and other significant information of importance for which the elected has earned this honourable position.

When is this event to be launched?

The official date for the nomination procedure to start is on February 10th, and will continue to the end of the month. As noted above, nomination of one or more person/s to the Transport Tycoon Hall of Fame is done by sending a pm, marked "HoF TT 2013-1", to the undersigned. And again, please feel free to state the reasons for your choice of nomination. Any questions, please post a reply!

Nomination process ended - ballot procedure changed!

The nomination process has ended and an adequate number of candidates has been nominated for the upcoming inductee to the Transport Tycoon Hall of Fame. The ballot procedure starting as of today will run til the end of March. However, we are forced to make a change to the procedure itself as it's currently not possible to hold closed polls due to phpBB-board limitations - unless implementing specific mods, which at this point isn't a necessity.

To vote for your candidate to be inducted to the Transport Tycoon Hall of Fame, please CLICK HERE! Keep in mind that you may only vote for one candidate.

VOTE HERE!

Simuscape Team
Last edited by Team Simuscape on 01 Mar 2013 08:49, edited 1 time in total.
SniperDJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Transport Tycoon - Hall of Fame...

Post by SniperDJ »

I really appreciate this initiative and I wonder why this hasn't done before. Just to thank anyone who all do this a part of their hobby, and not because they are paid for it.
ImageImageTake a look at my Australia Scenario (work in progress)Image Proud citizen of The Netherlands
recently aquired the FCE
Team Simuscape
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Team Simuscape »

This is a reminder that only one, (1), week remain for submissions of nominations to the Transport Tycoon Hall of Fame before it is closed! The voting procedure will commence once the nominated candidates has been listed according to submitted results!

If you haven't nominated any candidates yet, now is the time to do so!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

What's the point of this contest? There's a lot of people who contributed to Transport Tycoon in one way of another. You can't really say one person deserves more fame than another. Especially since there's a lot of ways one can contribute, and many contributions may be well hidden.

I can't nominate people. I can't vote. I can't value one contributor more than another.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

What is the point of any Hall of Fame? It is to recognize individuals who many people feel have contributed greatly to some cause, thank them for their efforts, and celebrate their contributions.

You seriously can't think of any one individual whom you would like to be recognized? If you know of somebody whose work is overlooked, that's reason enough to nominate them. I can already think of a few people who devote hours into playing and developing this game whose names are rarely uttered around here in recognition, let alone thanked or celebrated.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

With any people I'd name, I'll forget lots of others. For any person who's "thanked" and "celebrated" with this Hall of Fame, there's lots of other persons left out who may feel unthanked, unappreciated, unvaluable. That's always been the reason I prefer not to thank specific people. I'll hurt anyone who's left out, intentionally or unintentionally.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Life is not perfect, and most people aren't going to fuss if you fail to mention them for a nomination. At least, I've not found the TTD/OpenTTD community to behave that way. I think you'd be forgiven if a name or two slips your mind.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

In this case, you forget about 99% of the names, instead of just 1 or 2.
Team Simuscape
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Team Simuscape »

The nomination process has ended and an adequate number of candidates has been nominated for the upcoming inductee to the Transport Tycoon Hall of Fame. The ballot procedure starting as of today will run til the end of March. However, we are forced to make a change to the procedure itself as it's currently not possible to hold closed polls due to phpBB-board limitations - unless implementing specific mods, which at this point isn't a necessity.

To vote for your candidate to be inducted to the Transport Tycoon Hall of Fame, please CLICK HERE! Keep in mind that you may only vote for one candidate.

VOTE HERE!

Simuscape Team
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

nominees wrote: Chris Sawyer
People always forget mentioning Simon Foster and John Broomhall. :mrgreen:

See suggestion for improvments not that hard.

Another one.
Hey simuscape guys thank you for letting the non-members read a little bit, great initiative, however it would be nice if we were able to read the entire article.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

I just had to split another load of junk off this topic because you lot just don't know when to keep your damn mouths shut and get along. The only reason I haven't dished out warnings is because there's a lovely haddock fillet in my oven that's almost ready to eat.

FWIW, I shall not be voting in this poll.
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

jonty-comp wrote:... there's a lovely haddock fillet in my oven that's almost ready to eat.
See, there is something fishy here :D
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”