ttd open Sorce

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
Gepard42
Engineer
Engineer

ttd open Sorce

Post by Gepard42 »

ok seem if i whant to make a new setting of trains its impossible to avoid compile, but first i know of dos can a little hex code, but this compile seem you need to work on dos extrem and be the creater of the game game to alter you train.

Please tell me theres and lot easyer way whitout this total game building lol then why not make counter strike total copy :-), is not the a new ttdopen i whant, but to make to train alter :? :oops: :roll: :( :D

thise compile dont explan how i know it compile the right file?
or can you/i decompile thise file for train and then compile and how?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: ttd open Sorce

Post by planetmaker »

I'm not sure what exactly you want to try. I suggest to try install OpenTTD and test different vehicle NewGRF which you can easily obtain via the ingame content download.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: ttd open Sorce

Post by wallyweb »

TTO and it's cousin TTD are not open source and the source codes are not available.
TTDPatch is open source (GPLv2) and it's source code is available and provides us with a way to alter TTD (Not TTO) graphics and features without having to decompile the original game.
OpenTTD is an open source clone of the TT type games and shares many of the features of TTO/TTD and TTDPatch all the while offering some new features of it's own.
Both OpenTTD and TTDPatch subscribe to NewGRF files which are made up of graphics and NFO code. There are many artists on these forums who are providing some excellent graphics and there are several NFO coders who bring those graphics to life. Often, the artist and the coder is the same person.

EDIT: Added links :D

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”