Listing of different ways to use road stop.

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Listing of different ways to use road stop.

Post by romazoon »

Hi all

I will try in this topic to show you all the possible way to use road stop. So anyone that have other technik are welcome to post here (with explanation and screenie)

I will start with a Bus Stop layout that i usually use in big cities where i want a full coverage of the city with many bus stop. It allow to create lines and share stop for different lines with almost no mess (well until max capacity is reached of course)
Sondingport Beeches Transport, 30_08_1900.png
for this technik as you can see i build a bus stop on each road crossing, This is forcing the bus to go inside the nearer avalaible bay and then to go through an other stop. the advantage of this is: bus ALWAYS have a free way to exit (cause bus will always make the stop before the crossing and so 3 exit will alway be available to continue the route, or less if some road are dead end, etc...)

I use this technik only with cargodist of course...

that s what it can give in a big city:
Wali Transport, 01_04_1974.png
People can go anywhere, line going throught the center can have more bus than the one on the edge of the city, for this just don t forget to group your bus and give names or number to your lines.

If any question, just ask !
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Listing of different ways to use road stop.

Post by romazoon »

This time i m gonna show you how to make a (huge) truck loading station that never can cause traffic jam.

For this i use a depot order, so i limit this technik only to my freight trucks wich i want to leave Full.
Sondingport Beeches Transport, 22_08_1901.png
Sondingport Beeches Transport, 22_08_1901#1.png
See the last order? go to depot number 1 or number 2 . thanks to this trucks are always going into the depot you selected for them, and so will always use the same loading bay builded at the exit of the depot.

Same as the tips before, this is extremely usefull with cargodist, as their is different quantities of goods going to different destination... if they were sharing the same loading bay it would be a continuous mess.

To add a reserved "unload" bays to this very same station, i use two different way

the first one is easy but can lead to a little mess or disapointment, it still works very well to my opinion.
Sondingport Beeches Transport, 22_08_1901#2.png
I add the unload bays at the entry so that unload trucks don t need any specific order... they will just go to the closest bay. The limit is if you have too many trucks arriving at same time, some of them might go unload in a loading bay, and then get stuck for some time in the depot before it have a free way to come out.

2nd solution will be explained in my next post.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

so the other way, is to give a specific order to the unload trucks too, but this time not a depot order, just a go through order.

By forcing the trucks to go to the go throught, they will only use those bay located after it, i also advise you to add a depot for the unload trucks so that if they wnat to get serviced while in the area they don t go into the loding bay's depot. (to make a station become go throught, put it inside the vehicule order then click on it, then on the bottom left of the order windows select go through insted of Go to)
Sondingport Beeches Transport, 23_08_1901.png
Here is with the depot, i advise you to put it right in front of the go through, or to put one at every entry of the road. A truck stop is a natural barrier, the pathfinding will prefer to send the trucks for servicing in a depot where there is no penalty to go inside, Except when you give a Depot order .
Sondingport Beeches Transport, 23_08_1901#1.png
That s it for today, will try to come with more soon
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

These are some pretty good ideas.

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”