Why do electric trains refuse to stay 2 right on one way (?)

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
Leopold
Engineer
Engineer
Location: Hampton Roads, VA -The transportation hub of the mid-atlantic!

Why do electric trains refuse to stay 2 right on one way (?)

Post by Leopold »

Why do electric trains on electrified track refuse to stay to the right on one way tracks? I have a game going where I've started with standard track that I've since thoroughly converted to electric (all track, depots and stations connected). I have one way signal patterns that expect trains to pass on the right. Older diesel trains follow the courses perfectly. Newly bought electric trains refuse to heed (obey) the one way signals but instead attempt to go the wrong way and then get stuck and stopped (back and forth behavior). Is it something to do with the side the electric lines actually exist on?
Last edited by Leopold on 18 Jan 2011 19:31, edited 2 times in total.
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Why do electric trains refuse to stay 2 right on one way

Post by Rubidium »

Whenever a vehicle is lost it will take random turns. Given it works for non-electric trains I think you're missing electrification somewhere on your track. This missing electrification makes it that the vehicle can't find a route to the destination and that is what makes it lost.
Leopold
Engineer
Engineer
Location: Hampton Roads, VA -The transportation hub of the mid-atlantic!

Post by Leopold »

That's what I thought might be the problem so I did a thorough check with the electric tool broadly 'painting' (wide selection) over everything multiple times. I guess it's possible that some piece is still not electrified. I wish there was a tool that highlighted non-electric track (?)
Vinnie_nl
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vinnie_nl »

Can you upload a savegame ?

edit: just seen that treat is 2 months old. nvm

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”