Biggest City ?

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
vivosomuertos
Engineer
Engineer

Biggest City ?

Post by vivosomuertos »

Hi I'm a newcomer to Transport Tycoon but I have to say that I am completely addicted to it!

On my games I try and grow the largest cities and city networks possible. I'm not really too sure what other people try to attempt in their games but this is my goal. I have attached a Picture of the Largest city that I have made to date. It is called Eslund (I chose Danish town names) and currently it has 73,365 inhabitants, although it is still growing quite nicely. Any tips on how to grow towns further would be really cool as I'm not too sure myself what really allows the town to grow bigger.

I posted this on the forum, however, as I was wondering what's the biggest city anyone has achieved on their own games? Any details, figures or pictures would be very appreciated :D
Attachments
Eslund.jpg
My largest city so far
(355.86 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Roman
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Biggest City ?

Post by Roman »

Hi vivosomuertos, welcome to the forums.

Which game are you playing? Plain TTD without modifications? TTDPatch? OpenTTD? Which version?

Check out this thread. Some folks (including myself) have been playing with large cities a few years ago. :wink: And you're right, it can be a lot of fun.

By the way, please upload screenshots in a format that uses lossless compression, such as png. The jpg compression artifacts look ugly with TT screenshots.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

I have an OpenTTD savegame for you ;-) http://wiki.openttdcoop.org/PublicServe ... #gameid_96 - the biggest city there might be 13 times larger ;-)
vivosomuertos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vivosomuertos »

Wow those cities look impressive. I was unaware that you could get them anywhere near that size.

Lord, I am playing Openttd version 0.6.3. I'm not sure if that is the best version to play. What do you recommend ?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

vivosomuertos wrote:Lord, I am playing Openttd version 0.6.3. I'm not sure if that is the best version to play. What do you recommend ?
Definitely an update to 1.0.4. You're missing A LOT of things when still using 0.6.3. I'm curious: how did you get by that ancient version (about two years old) when you're a newcomer, who's still distributing this old stuff?
vivosomuertos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vivosomuertos »

Well my friend downloaded it for me and I believe that he just downloaded the same type he was used to. Where would I be able to download that version you are talking about? Do you know of a link?
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I sugest you look at http://www.openttd.org
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”