I want a new Transport Tycoon Game ... Really 3D Version :))

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
mgiglio
Engineer
Engineer

I want a new Transport Tycoon Game ... Really 3D Version :))

Post by mgiglio »

Hi Guys , excuse my english ...

i'm a really Transport Tycoon Games fan since i was young ... i think that i saw and played to all of them (unfortunately they are few titles)

RailRoad Tycoon 1 in 16 colours , it has a fantastic intro :)... then i bought RRT2 , RRT3 but nothing was really new on them (Like Civilization that is the same since 20 years !!!)

A-Train , it has a special atmosphera ... then comes A4 Network with not only trains ... good idea for that times but it was not really necessary make A-Train 8 in 2009 for my point of view.

I played to transport tycoon & transport tycoon deluxe a lot of hours... the greatest of their time ... unfortunately Locomotion was not a better game than them.

But, then modern times comes ... i cannot continue to play at TTD while my neighbor play at Modern Warfare 2 or at Flight Simulator X ... Why are they not still playing to Wolfstein3d or at Flight Simulator 98 ???

Then i saw Trains & Trucks Tycoon and i thought ... WELL , new generation with a full 3d system ... it had a lot of bug but i thought that it could have a great potential for improvement and make the starting point of a new great game ... ... (i uploaded 2 videos on youtube ... search for "Trains & Trucks Tycoon") ...

But nothing happen and the last 2 games are ... Sid Meyer's RailRoad! that i bought and directly placed in the library !!! And A-Train 8 (no comment here :))

What are the news ?

I saw that somebody is working on a 3d version of Transport Tycoon Deluxe or Open TTD but do you think that is the really correct way? ... if i was good on programming, i would have started from Trains & Trucks Tycoon , from that idea to make a new Transport Tycoon Game ... Whatch my video on youtube

Bye :)
mgiglio
Engineer
Engineer

Re: I want a new Transport Tycoon Game ... Really 3D Version

Post by mgiglio »

Sorry, i forgot the suggestion ... improve the space for Trains & Trucks Tycoon (like transport tycoon deluxe) in this forum to entice some programmers to develop something starting from this kind of idea .
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

mgiglio wrote:Sorry, i forgot the suggestion ... improve the space for Trains & Trucks Tycoon (like transport tycoon deluxe) in this forum to entice some programmers to develop something starting from this kind of idea .
Do you really believe that someone will jump at your idea of years of work, basically writing something from scratch? And that a bigger subforum albeit still just as empty if not even emptier one would draw more attraction and be more motivating?

The simple rule applies also here: Work yourself towards that goal, but don't expect others to do your work or bidding. They may start contributing, if they get an idea that your intentions are more than a fleeting idea, that *you* work hard on achieving your goal and it's more than only a few things thought half-through.
mgiglio
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mgiglio »

yes, you are right.

I Did not Want to Offend anyone, and if I did, I would like to apologize.

What I mean is that I'd like a tycoon with graphics of Trainz. and intelligent and full as Open Transport Tycoon.

After That, I do not expect it because I'm not able to achieve it and I do not want to discourage anyone who works on other projects.

Please, Sorry if I was too arrogant :)
teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by teccuk »

Welcome to Tt-forums!

I really quite enjoyed reading your post. A list of some of my favourite games!

A brand new game from scratch game is perhaps too big a project for people in their spare time. I reckon the only hope is one of us wins the lottery and can pay others or someone opens up a really decent 3d engine good for strategy games. Hmm.

Hope you stick around.
Muzzly
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Muzzly »

@mgiglio

It is not a new idea. Check those links:
Playstation: Transport Tycoon 3D
Simutrans 3D ( similar game to TTD, currently only 2d version is available)
Transport Tycoon 3D and blog
Buggi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Buggi »

www.train-fever.com

If outside the US you can put your money down on the idea. Only a few days left to invest so jump on it!
-Buggi
Programmer and TTD fan...

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”