Gottardo Nord - Tilt-shift video

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
Jorund-J
Engineer
Engineer

Gottardo Nord - Tilt-shift video

Post by Jorund-J »

Hello people!

I finally joined the board after a year or so hanging about for the great graphics and designs people show here.

My choise to make my first post is be cause I want to share something with you all. I play Ottd mainly because I love making good looking station layouts and realistic routes combined with the great GRF files that people share here, but to be honest, I've never been really "good" at the game.. :oops: As a graphic/photographer in real life I'm not so smooth with economics. :wink: But yesterday I came across a vid on Vimeo and it made me completely inspired to start playing again! So I thought I really had to share this, it's a video about trains in Southern Germany ( I might be wrong) that are filmed with a special technique/lens called "Tilt-shift". I won't bore you with the technical info and for those who are interested, I'm sure it's on wiki.

Here it is! It looks like someone filmed Transport tycoon upclose! :wink:

-- http://vimeo.com/4946315 --

Enjoy and all the best!
Jorund J.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Gottardo Nord - Tilt-shift video

Post by SwissFan91 »

The Gottard Line is in Switzerland/Italy. But still a good video.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

Nice, good find, it's a great model railway and it's maker put lots of effort into almost seamlessly adding in them backdrops.
Sylar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sylar »

lawton27 wrote:Nice, good find, it's a great model railway and it's maker put lots of effort into almost seamlessly adding in them backdrops.
It's not a model, it's real. Look at the people walking in one scene for example. It's pretty hard to do that with miniatures.Read more about it here.
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

Sylar wrote:
lawton27 wrote:Nice, good find, it's a great model railway and it's maker put lots of effort into almost seamlessly adding in them backdrops.
It's not a model, it's real. Look at the people walking in one scene for example. It's pretty hard to do that with miniatures.Read more about it here.
that part isn't a model but the trains and rails are they've been digitally added, you don't see any people getting on/off trains, you can tell that some of the buildings are models too by looking at them.

Edit: you might be right, now you mention it I just can't tell :?

Edit agin: ok I've decided I'm wrong just saw something blow about in the supposed model bit, very convincing though.
Jorund-J
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jorund-J »

jake.grimshaw wrote:The Gottard Line is in Switzerland/Italy. But still a good video.
Gods, you're right! I got thrown of by the "o" at the end, I've even drove several times through it.. :oops:

Anyway, glad you like it.

@lawton27: It truly is real, all of it. :) This technique just makes it look like toys.
llol_slim
Engineer
Engineer

Post by llol_slim »

Jorund-J wrote:Hello people!
I play Ottd mainly because I love making good looking station layouts and realistic routes
i am in a similar situation!

Here's the video that got me into OpenTTD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvOppCMNS84

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”