help in need :D

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
gervhard
Engineer
Engineer

help in need :D

Post by gervhard »

hi guys .. im new here

i had gone through a few installation guides and i found out installing this game is so confusing xD

but i also have a problem with my computer .. i think my pc got virus that make me unable to run my regedit..

so here comes my question

1.do we only need to download ttd-win (for window) and ttd-patch and extract both of them in the same file to run the game?

2.can we run the game without doing the regedit thing??

3.can someone list the item needed to run this game or guide me to a tutorial that i might miss

thanks in advance
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: help in need :D

Post by Kogut »

Regedit is completely unneeded. You don't need TTD, just download OpenTTD and run instalation.
http://www.google.pl/search?q=openttd+d ... =firefox-a <- first position
And probably there are better forums to ask questions about removing viruses (I can suggest formatting all hard disks but probably are better solutions)
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
gervhard
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gervhard »

about removing the virus .. i had formatted my pc for like 3 times ..i still cant open my regedit @@ i think i need a new pc xD
gervhard
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gervhard »

i download the openttd setup but the installation failed to download opengfx.. shuld i download the alternative opengfx and extract it into my openttd directory?
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

download the opengfx (and opensfx (or even openmsx if you want to) ) but dont extract it, simply put the .tar file into your /openttd/data folder
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”