Station layout

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
EirikhO
Tycoon
Tycoon

Station layout

Post by EirikhO »

I'm making a new train network (which I doubt will be even 1/100th as nice or effective as for instance JVassie's), made up of local and fast lines, with the fast trains only stopping at major cities. But at one point the lines split up into two branches with only one track in each direction. What I want is when coming from the fast/local area the platforms should be split into one for each branch, while in the other direction (heading towards the fast/local tracks) there should be different platforms for fast/local trains. I'll let the picture tell you more.
Trains are running on the right. Fast/slow in north-east.
Trains are running on the right. Fast/slow in north-east.
However, do anyone have a tip on how to make the station more efficient? I feel that the trains (especially when coming from the tunnel) are driving a major detour. Suggestions? I use OTTD1.0.0RC3 btw.
This is my signature.
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Station layout

Post by audigex »

Instead of messing about with all the tunnels/bridges to the left of the station, why not try combining those two tracks further to the right (between the two sets of tubular bridges) or turning the left of the station into a more "throat" type of system, where the various tracks cross each other. Normally tunnels/bridges aid efficiency, but I think with space being so tight and you only having 4 platforms anyway, it's not going to be an issue.
Jon

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”