NEED HELP!

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
psichosis
Engineer
Engineer

NEED HELP!

Post by psichosis »

Hello everyone, i just whant to play TTD or OPENTTD multiplayer, but it's not workin, it always says "all servers are offline" so what should i do?
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: NEED HELP!

Post by petert »

psichosis wrote:Hello everyone, i just whant to play TTD or OPENTTD multiplayer, but it's not workin, it always says "all servers are offline" so what should i do?
Make sure that it says Connection: Internet and not Connection: LAN at the top, the click "Find server".

Also, try to be a bit more descriptive with your titles, and avoid using caps.
psichosis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by psichosis »

Ok, sorry about title , but it still doesn't work.... i did all you said. Any other ideas?
Perhaps you could upload your TTD, i mean perhaps my data or something is messed up
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

What game are you trying to play?
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

psichosis wrote:Ok, sorry about title , but it still doesn't work
How do you know?

What did you do? (exactly. If you "selected open", did you do so by typing <CTRL-O>, by typing <ALT><F><O>, or by pointing and clicking with the mouse?
What happened? (Exactly. "It popped up an error with numbers" is wrong. Your inability to understand those numbers does not make them meaningless.)
What did you expect to have happen?
How do the previous two differ?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
psichosis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by psichosis »

Ok everything form begining, that's my Opern TTD folder
Image 1
Now i opened OpenTTD
Image 2
then i pressed multiplayer
Image 3
next thing i did pressed " find servers"
Image 4
as you can see all servers are offline.... and i have no idea how to make them online : D or something
Image 5
SO if anyone can help me : )

Ops... sorry for double picture...
Last edited by Lakie on 19 Feb 2010 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Altered images to links.
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Your version of OpenTTD (0.5.0) is ANCIENT! No servers are running that version any more!

You'll have to download the latest version of OpenTTD. ;)
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Hello psichosis,

Now you click a server and in the game info you will see what version you need to join a specific server.
eg 0.7.5 servers can only be joined if you have 0.7.5 installed, the servers you can join will be green then.

Also, would you mind hitting board index and post OpenTTD related things in the OpenTTD section please?

Edit: Bennythen00b was faster.
Last edited by ChillCore on 19 Feb 2010 19:30, edited 1 time in total.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

psichosis wrote:Ok everything form begining, that's my Opern TTD folder.Ops... sorry for double picture...
Note that the latest stable Mac binary is 0.7.5, and more won't be made until OpenTTD gets a Mac maintainer. :-(
psichosis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by psichosis »

Sorry for posting in wrong section... thank you all now i go download 0.7.5 : )
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Sorry for posting in wrong section...
You are not the first and you will not be the last I am afraid. ;)
You may want to report your thread and ask for it to be moved.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Edit: @underneath: Thanks. ;)
Last edited by Benny on 19 Feb 2010 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Corrected, you're welcome.

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”