How to transport tourists?

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
IvanStryper
Engineer
Engineer

How to transport tourists?

Post by IvanStryper »

Hello, my question is how to transport tourists??? Can you help me? Thanks!
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: How to transport tourists?

Post by oberhümer »

Get a vehicle set that has vehicles for this purpose.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Also download the industry chain featuring Tourists from GRF Crawler or in-game in OpenTTD
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

What makes you say they are using OpenTTD?
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
BillionDollarMogul
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BillionDollarMogul »

OpenTTD 1.1.2 with all the latest ECS towns, vectors, and current vehicles set (machinery vector disabled improperly loaded) with all other industries functioning.

Problem: Tourist center will not accept goods/food/passengers nor will it produce tourists despite abundance of available resources and adequate transportation. More than 93 days has passed since tourist center was erected (directly funded by Company).

See attached file screenshot
SuperMegaGloboCorp., 29th Aug 2059.png
Company screenshot 2059
Net Worth > $4B
(311.25 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Any suggestions?

Many thanks~
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

This particular tourist centre decided for itself not to accept goods or food at all (see the industry window), so it will just refuse to accept those.

As for tourists itself, it only accepts 540 a month. If you deliver more, the rest will just sit in the station until you pick them up again.

Lastly, passengers are not tourists. While I agree this is rather confusing, tourists are a special cargo that is different to passengers. It also needs different (refitted) vehicles to carry them. I bet if you deliver actual tourists, the industry will also start to accept food and goods.

And welcome to the forums! Next time please select the place where you post a little more careful. This is the transport tycoon forums and as the description says it has nothing to do with OpenTTD. A better place would have been the ECS Vectors topic. But don't be put off by that and don't hesititate to post again! We have moderators to clean up :) Hope this answered your question though!
BillionDollarMogul
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BillionDollarMogul »

Ok I finally figured out that 'tourists' come from town centers, and are NOT generated by the tourist center. You know, that's not explained very well in the wikiOpenTTD thing....

Thanks for jogging my brain...now I can start working on my Trillion Dollar plan!
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Good you have it figured out now.
BillionDollarMogul wrote:You know, that's not explained very well in the wikiOpenTTD thing...
That wiki is aimed at the default OpenTTD behaviour (which doesn't come with tourists). Addons such as an ECS Vector NewGRF generally provide their own documentation (as it has nothing to do with how OpenTTD works per se). In case of ECS Vectors there actually is a very extensive documentation here: http://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/ECS_Vectors

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”