ttd not working

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
john1234
Engineer
Engineer

ttd not working

Post by john1234 »

hi i jus got my new laptop and installed vista in it. then i installed the TTD from the cd that i got earlier. however i was not able to run its exe. then i downloaded the ttd fro net. installed again and tried to played . this time it showed an error regarding a dll file. how to solve this problem?? how can i run the game on my vista.??
Welcome 2010.
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: ttd not working

Post by Railwaymodeler »

TTD, (Both DOS and Windows version) only work on DOS based operating systems, such as Windows 98 or ME. Newer NT based operating systems do not support TTD, either DOS or Windows version. This includes Windows 2000, Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.

go to www.ttdpatch.net and download the patch for TTD. There you will also find help files for using and configuring the patch.

Otherwise, you can get OpenTTD, a clone of TTD (With much better gameplay, while retaining the spirit of TTD), and use the graphics files from your TTD CD. You'll barely notice any graphical difference that way.

OpenTTD also supports larger maps, and in my opinion, is easier to configure than TTD Patch.

Welcome to the forums. Hope this info helps.
Without Trains America Stops

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Railwaymodeler wrote:With much better gameplay
That is quite possibly the most horrible misspelling of "different" I have ever seen.

Open doesn't get "better" until it can do everything Patch can do.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

While I don't want to argue semantics, Dale, You are right. But I wouldn't call OpenTTD 'different'. The formula of the game is mostly the same, with lots of the changes being on the surface.

"Enhanced" I would say, because of the larger maps, and engine pool, among other things.
Without Trains America Stops

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

As opposed to "enhanced" because of restricted and programmable signals, custom bridge heads, enhanced tunnels, and the like?

John: What is the error, exactly? And is that error mentioned somewhere in the FAQ for whichever game you downloaded?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”