Little known money bug/cheat?

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
kezza
Engineer
Engineer

Little known money bug/cheat?

Post by kezza »

I searched around (both in this forum and the various sites on the internet) and can't find anywhere that document this behaviour (which I originally found back in '94 playing TTO):

In TTO/WE/TTD vanilla, there is a hard limit of 690 vehicles/wagons in the game (yours + AI's). Buying a dual train engine such as 'Manley-Morel DMU' when the number is 689, for a price of £X, will only get you the front half of the engine. Sell it: this half is worth 2x£X. Repeating this exercise (in paused mode, just to make sure the AI won't buy anything in the mean time...) can get you very rich.

Of course, this cheat is mostly useless, since practically when this limit is reached you should already have plenty of cash.
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Little known money bug/cheat?

Post by thgergo »

I simply used that half engines, becouse they still had the power of the original duad-headed engines.
Roman
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Roman »

That one has been known for a long time, I'm afraid... :wink: (In case you understand German: http://www.tt-ms.de/cheats/#tteb)
But thanks for posting that anyway, it's better people doubly tell things they've discovered that were known already instead of keeping unknown stuff they've found out to themselves. :)
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

Yes of course you dont know it.

The cheat is that when you start find a good coal mine (in temperate) with a 30 car long train and send it 400 tiles

When it reaches the station make it go to depot, skip its orders, and stop making it go to depot.

This is extremely looked down upon as you will continue to make Full delivery money even though u only unload 1/6 of your cargo (coal).

This is hard to micromanage and is recommended when in use, for start up usage only. And may not be available in nightlies.
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

but you can't sell the rest, only refit or drop it off
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
blackstone13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blackstone13 »

how are you able to buy only the front half of dual headed trains??????
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Steam Powerd
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Please read...
kezza wrote: In TTO/WE/TTD vanilla, there is a hard limit of 690 vehicles/wagons in the game (yours + AI's). Buying a dual train engine such as 'Manley-Morel DMU' when the number is 689...

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”