Linkage! The Transport Tycoon Link Collector

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Nice upgrade to the site! Really handy too, keep up the good work. :)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Purno wrote:/me wonders, how many people are checking the General Transport Tycoon forum?
*waves hand*
Jezulkim
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Jezulkim »

*waves hand too*

I added my site to the link collector. Accidently, I put my website link in a wrong category: General TT
and since I can't remove it (or can I?) can you do it.
In order to protect the visitors of this site,
TTO Full Conversion!
This post has been lol 1337 times.
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

What category do you want it in then?
Jezulkim
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Jezulkim »

I already put it in the open TTD and scenarios category. So the only thing I want is to remove the link in the general TT category.
In order to protect the visitors of this site,
TTO Full Conversion!
This post has been lol 1337 times.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Purno wrote:/me wonders, how many people are checking the General Transport Tycoon forum?
Allo?! :D

Is the repository comming along a bit? :wink:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

SpComb wrote:What category do you want it in then?
Did you fix it already, or do you need me to do it?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

*bump*

When I was searching for some newgrfs I discovered quite a lot of the newgrf set's website or download locations aren't entered in Linkage. With this I'd like to ask you what you all think of Linkage, and why you would or wouldn't add a link to your website. I'm wondering what the cause is that there are still quite some links 'missing'. Is Linkage just not good enough, or didn't you know of it's existance, etc?

Recently I've been trying to advertise Linkage more to this forum, as I think it's a very good idea.

Now, another problem is, is this topic at the correct location? Since Linkage gathers links for TT, TTDPatch, OpenTTD and LoMo. Dunno how many people actually check this forum.

Linkage is located at http://linkage.munki.org/ . There's also a link in my signature.

EDIT: Ok, no LoMo section. Could be added if peeps would use it. Whatcha think?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

i think its a good idea. can someone change the thomas set link to users.tt-forums.net/thomas please.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Aye, I think only SpComb has access to the database and can edit/remove entries...
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Could some mod move this to a place where more people will notice it?
Image Image
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

I made this one sticky, could you remove the first url in the very first post of this thread, it just redirects to the second url
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Thanks spiff :), link's updated :)
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The link is updated again;

http://linkage.tt-forums.net/

And Linkage now supports favicons, thanks to SpComb :)
Image Image
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

Another update!

The munki.org domain is expiring in January, so I've gone ahead and taken the liberty to move it to http://linkage.tt-forums.net/. Perhaps this domain will last longer ;)

I've also added a new feature, namely, when you add a link, linkage will attempt to find the Favicon for that link, so now most links will have a pretty little icon next to them. If your site doesn't have a favicon, be quick to add one! Linkage supports the /favicon.ico way as well as the <link rel="icon">, and can also accept png, jpg and gif images the second way (just make sure to have the correct type="").

You can also find a sandbox version of linkage here, if you want to test it or something.

There may well be some bugs in the code because of the recent changes, so if you see any problems please do tell me.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Hey, PlayLomo is a new site to me. It looks great, with some interesting stuff. Just watch out for profanity in the poll... :roll:

Hm...the site has TTRS3 on it. :? It's only 97kb...and it actually downloads from George's site, which has a different version.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

The linkage link in linkage links to the wrong link. :P
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

...but the woodchuck still chucks wood.
This page is great!
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Should I click the link to see if the linkage link on linkage that linked to the wrong linkage link links to the correct linkage link yet?
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

orudge wrote:Should I click the link to see if the linkage link on linkage that linked to the wrong linkage link links to the correct linkage link yet?
The linkage link in linkage is a link that links to the correct linkage instead of the old linkage that just linked to the current linkage.

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”