Ship NewGRF in 2023

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Limyx826
Engineer
Engineer

Ship NewGRF in 2023

Post by Limyx826 »

Any recommend for ship NewGRF? At the moment I have FISH, SQUID ate FISH, Sailing Ships, SHARK ate SQUID ate FISH.
I am Limyx826.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Ship NewGRF in 2023

Post by Emperor Jake »

If you're using SHARK, you don't need Squid or FISH. Everything in those sets is also in SHARK so you'll end up with a lot of duplicates.

Also try Unsinkable Sam, it's still only cargo ships for now but they look very good. For extra passenger ships get the WSF Ferry set :)
Limyx826
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Limyx826 »

Emperor Jake wrote: 09 Apr 2023 15:29 If you're using SHARK, you don't need Squid or FISH. Everything in those sets is also in SHARK so you'll end up with a lot of duplicates.

Also try Unsinkable Sam, it's still only cargo ships for now but they look very good. For extra passenger ships get the WSF Ferry set :)
To be more precise, what I listed is what I have downloaded. Currently, I only play with Sailing Ships and SHARK. I still hope for some early ships for 1700s run.
I am Limyx826.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

There's nothing else as early as the Sailing Ships set. 2cc Ship Set also has a sailing ship but that set is very outdated and incomplete. WSF also has a few early steamboats.

That's pretty much it for ships. There are a few other incomplete obscurities out there such as BC Ferries and the Ekranoplan set, as well as MB's NewShips which is ancient by now. There really aren't that many ship sets :)
Limyx826
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Limyx826 »

Emperor Jake, have you planned to include sailing ships into SHARK?
I am Limyx826.
sevenfm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sevenfm »

I also use Sal's Canalboats which provides useful boats for rivers and canals starting from 1700, works well with Sailing Ships which are more oriented for sea transport.
viewtopic.php?t=87219

Return to “General OpenTTD”