NEW GRAPHICS NEEDED

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Arsenal
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Arsenal »

What would be the volume of water produced in the desal plant?
In theory it should be nearly infinite, due to the everlasting supply of ocean water?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Hmm, well, currently it works more or less like any other industry - you could assume the equipment gets old and breaks or something if production decreases. ;)
Dextro
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dextro »

Looking great :D
Uncle Dex Says: Follow the KISS Principle!
Arsenal
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Arsenal »

orudge wrote:Hmm, well, currently it works more or less like any other industry - you could assume the equipment gets old and breaks or something if production decreases. ;)
I don't want any more oil wells (temperate) type industry - something where production only goes down.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Arsenal wrote:I don't want any more oil wells (temperate) type industry - something where production only goes down.
No, it's not like that, it acts just like, for instance, the Water Supply or the Coal Mine - ie, it can increase, and it can decrease.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Bug: There is a tree in front of water tower

Idea: Add a fence, or dirt, or grass, whatever, so this industry won't look so plain.

Idea: Take a look at TT industries - these are built with mixed segments - it looks better because industries look bit different and more realistic, I think
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

But then they looks completely unrealistic, ie an entrance tile in the centre.

I made them all to be fixed like the Iron Ore mine so more things can be done with them.

Owen and I aware of two bugs - The tree thing and the fact that sometimes the graphics change to the coal mine, no doubt to do with the coal mines animation sequence.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

The bugs are being fixed, and I'll implement the oil power plant next weekend too.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Heehee. Now the "tree" bug (although it happened with anything behind it.) has been fixed. Subsidies work, and the AI likes it. It doesn't mess with anything else.

The only problems now are the build on slopes error, where some on the industry is at a higher level, and the Coal Mine bug, which is when the Animation is supposed to finish it is looped back to the coal mine sprite.
Attachments
desalscreen.PNG
desalscreen.PNG (126.69 KiB) Viewed 5133 times
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

that desal plant really is a bit too plain, and looks out of place with other TTD industries..
also shouldn't the water tank be on start of the pipe?
Last edited by Villem on 17 Apr 2005 17:31, edited 1 time in total.
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Akalamanaia wrote:that desal plant really is a bit too plain, and looks out of place with other TTD industries..
Aye, just my thoughts.

Good base though. (and it would probably be a cool idea to instead of 2 small basins, have one huge one :roll: )
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

theres meant to be three. The third is the coal mine bug.

Also. A sprite seems to be missing from the top corner. I am also working on more sprites based on Eddy's concept.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Born Acorn wrote:Also. A sprite seems to be missing from the top corner.
Oh? I'll check that... it doesn't seem to have been in my original version (either that, or I added the wrong sprite by mistake). The coal mine bug should be fixed next weekend, it's basically because I haven't touched the animation sections yet. The tree bug was because I had all the graphics as individual sprites without separating the 3D 'objects' with the base, and it didn't layer them properly: Born Acorn separated them out and it now works better (which also makes Transparent Buildings work properly).

I'll work on this and the Oil-Fired Power Plant next weekend... looking forward to it! ;)
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

One and the only way to add new industries (not change existing ones) is waiting for OTTD 0.5?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

No, this is a totally new industry, it's not replacing anything. However, adding new cargoes may not be that easy until the new map version: I'm not too sure. What I might be able to do is add Chemicals to the Temperate climate (since it has an unused climate) and have the Chemical Plant produce Chemicals which could go to the Factory or something (maybe not the factory as that already accepts 3 cargoes, which is the max and would cause more problems). For now I'll just add the industries which accept existing cargoes and don't add new ones - ie, the water desal plant and the Oil Power Plant.
Sionide
Director
Director

Post by Sionide »

Ah, this is great news to hear how this part of the project is coming along. Well done to all those involved, this will rock so much when it's done. :D
...Synthetic Intelligent Organism Normally for Infiltration and Dangerous Exploration...
...sionide.net...
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

I want to help - what can I do?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, I don't think we need any graphics done at the moment - someone like Born Acorn could advise you there. Just wait for me to finish coding it all, I guess. ;) Next weekend I'll likely release a public test version, which should feature both the Oil Power Plant and the Water Desalination Plant, and perhaps also a Chemical Plant of some sort.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Crazy idea:
New industry appears in 2020... it is... Mutation plant :shock:
It basicly accepts cows and produces passengers :D yay
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

That IS a crazy idea.
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.

Return to “Graphics Development”