Compile OpenTTD r27405 x64 on VS2015

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Compile OpenTTD r27405 x64 on VS2015

Post by Digitalfox »

Good night :)

I'm trying to compile OpenTTD r27405 x64 on VS2015.

When I try to rebuild solution I get this errors on the end:
7>libpng.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __iob_func
7>zlibstat.lib(gzlib.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol sprintf
7>libfreetype2.lib(bdf.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol sprintf
7>C:\OpenTTD_Trunk\projects\..\objs\x64\Release\openttd.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
========== Rebuild All: 5 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 skipped ==========
I'm using the openttd_vs140.sln as a starting point.

I've also added to VC++:

C:\OpenTTD_Useful\shared\include

and

C:\OpenTTD_Useful\win64\library

Any thoughts? :?

Thank you! :bow:
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Compile OpenTTD r27405 x64 on VS2015

Post by Digitalfox »

Just for the record, I asked in IRC for help to Michi, he was extremely kind in sharing openttd-useful 6.0 with me and it now compiles perfectly!

Thank you Michi :bow:
ST2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ST2 »

Thank you Digitalfox for pointing the person to bug ^^

personally I think an update here would be the best.

I understand michi_cc don't have time to look at all forum posts (happens to me too) but if there's a "openttd-useful 6.0" (alpha, beta or RC state, dnt matter) and people have to ask for them to compile VS15?
Well, I guess "openttd_vs140"'s weren't introduced to force we all ask "Michi" for latest usefull stuff ^^

btw, why aren't "openttd-useful" links in development area? (I know it's a collection of tools grabed at once, but why not a link to the latest release there?)

oh well, I even could compile it on ArchLinux (strangiest distro, for me) and...

once again, thx Digitalfox for grabing it and not sharing ^^

Note: I'll be crucified for this post , but at least I knew how to make it with some italics, wich kinda gets funny ^^
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

ST2 wrote:Thank you Digitalfox for pointing the person to bug ^^

I understand michi_cc don't have time to look at all forum posts (happens to me too) but if there's a "openttd-useful 6.0" (alpha, beta or RC state, dnt matter) and people have to ask for them to compile VS15?
Well, I guess "openttd_vs140"'s weren't introduced to force we all ask "Michi" for latest usefull stuff ^^

btw, why aren't "openttd-useful" links in development area? (I know it's a collection of tools grabed at once, but why not a link to the latest release there?)

oh well, I even could compile it on ArchLinux (strangiest distro, for me) and...

Note: I'll be crucified for this post , but at least I knew how to make it with some italics, wich kinda gets funny ^^
Arguably, OpenTTD-useful could be linked there, but on the other hand openttd-useful is strictly platform-specific for windows user and that page is *not* a how-to but simply a very high-level overview with a list of requirements. The how-to is found in our wiki on the corresponding pages. The download link should be updated, of course.
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Digitalfox »

ST2 wrote:Thank you Digitalfox for pointing the person to bug ^^

Lol really? How about I asked permission to Michi and was asked to not publish a link that may or may not be around for long...

I'm such aaaaaaaaaaaaa bad member that I even wasted time explaining how to fix my problem to others.

Oh and by the way, instead of waiting for others to help, I did research, on what revision vs140 was added, who added it, installed a IRC client, joined OpenTTD channel and asked for help to Michi and made a reply to my own topic to help others... And what did you do?

And in your own words ^^ :roll:
Michi_cc
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Michi_cc »

openttd-useful.zip for Visual Studio 2015 is now officially available at https://www.openttd.org/en/download-openttd-useful/6.0

-- Michael Lutz
ST2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ST2 »

I'm terrible with words, known fact. Because of that I wasn't to reply but I need to add this:
Apologies for the harsh previous words (globally to all but specifically to Digitalfox) and a Thank You very much Michi_cc.

:)
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Digitalfox »

ST2 wrote:I'm terrible with words, known fact. Because of that I wasn't to reply but I need to add this:
Apologies for the harsh previous words (globally to all but specifically to Digitalfox) and a Thank You very much Michi_cc.

:)
Hey, no problem, It's past now.. :)

Return to “OpenTTD Development”