Unable to initialize graphics system

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

doxlulzem
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Unable to initialize graphics system

Post by doxlulzem »

I bought Locomotion a few days ago and I have been desperate to play it, and it just came through the mail today, and upon installing the game, it says "Unable to initialize graphics system" and force-closes on me
I know it runs on Windows 8 because I was able to play the demo. What's gone on? Is there a solution because I really wanna play Locomotion

P.S. I'm gutted.

EDIT: After reading a few other people's problems I need to point out, when I go into Properties on the .exe there's no "compatibility" tab.
I run:
Windows 8.1 x64
AMD A6 3620 Quad core processor
AMD Radeon HD 65 30D graphics driver
4GB DDR3
2 TB hard drive
I dunno the resolution but I think it's 1600x900

It says Direct X is up to date and as far as I know my graphics drivers are up to date too.
IJN Takao is life. Why did the Shinano get converted? Gotta love NeuroTec for Garry's Mod. I even have a server!
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real? - Jaden Smith 2014
Killianbass3
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Unable to initialize graphics system

Post by Killianbass3 »

OK one of the main problems is you are using windows 8.1 which is supposedly better than Regular 8 but both are inferior to XP. The other problem is you might have the graphics in 64-bit graphics try lowering it to 32-bit.
doxlulzem
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by doxlulzem »

Killianbass3 wrote:The other problem is you might have the graphics in 64-bit graphics try lowering it to 32-bit.
How do I do that?

EDIT: Never mind, I followed this guide and it works now. Thanks for the help though ^^
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... =windows-7
IJN Takao is life. Why did the Shinano get converted? Gotta love NeuroTec for Garry's Mod. I even have a server!
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real? - Jaden Smith 2014
Killianbass3
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Killianbass3 »

Your welcome.

Return to “General Locomotion”