Spring 2013 Patch Pack - English Help (Updated 02/23/2017)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Spring 2013 Patch Pack - English Help (Updated 12/03/201

Post by Dante123 »

would it be possible to add a copy-paste patch to this pack ? :)
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Randell PDX wrote:Is the Spring Patch Pack available in Mac OS X ? I have struggled for 3 days trying to figure out how to compile it and can not figure it out.
You may want to read up 3 or 4 posts, with the same question: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 1#p1138931
Short answer: no
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

Alberth wrote:
Randell PDX wrote:Is the Spring Patch Pack available in Mac OS X ? I have struggled for 3 days trying to figure out how to compile it and can not figure it out.
You may want to read up 3 or 4 posts, with the same question: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 1#p1138931
Short answer: no
I should have read better before asking :|

Trying to generate a nice map, but it keep generating it all overgrown with trees now hehe, though i think it has to do with some of my settings and not with the patchpack.
archy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by archy »

When I tried to compile the 2.2.182 version (from the "Full source code" link in the opening post) on Linux, the compiler complained:

Code: Select all

[...]/src/fontcache.cpp:539:66: error: no matching function for call to ‘max(int, unsigned int)’
  int width  = max(1, slot->bitmap.width + (this->fs == FS_NORMAL));
                                                                  ^
[...] candidate is:
[...]/src/core/math_func.hpp:26:17: note: template<class T> T max(T, T)
 static inline T max(const T a, const T b)
I came up with this simple patch to make it compile:

--- src/fontcache.cpp	2014-12-20 09:06:35.358645697 +0100
+++ src/fontcache.cpp	2014-12-20 09:06:50.775311981 +0100
@@ -536,8 +536,8 @@
 	aa = (slot->bitmap.pixel_mode == FT_PIXEL_MODE_GRAY);

/* Add 1 pixel for the shadow on the medium font. Our sprite must be at least 1x1 pixel */
-	int width  = max(1, slot->bitmap.width + (this->fs == FS_NORMAL));
-	int height = max(1, slot->bitmap.rows  + (this->fs == FS_NORMAL));
+	int width  = max(1, (int)slot->bitmap.width + (this->fs == FS_NORMAL));
+	int height = max(1, (int)slot->bitmap.rows  + (this->fs == FS_NORMAL));

/* Limit glyph size to prevent overflows later on. */
 	if (width > 256 || height > 256) usererror("Font glyph is too large");
...although I'm not a real C++ programmer, so I don't know if this is the correct way to fix it (but it seems to work).

Another thing: When I start the game, a message box pops up saying "The current base graphics set is missing a number of sprites", but I don't see any actually missing sprites, and everything seems to work (so far). The message pops up with both OpenGFX and zbase.

Anyway, thanks for creating this patch pack!
Finally I no longer have to be sad that chillpp was abandoned.
archy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by archy »

What is the problem you're running into when trying to compile it?

These steps should work (although I don't have a Mac, so I can't test it):
  1. Install Developer Tools (Xcode) and the required libraries. [On Linux, the allegro4 library is required in addition to the libraries required by normal OpenTTD - not sure if it's the same on Mac OSX.]
  2. Download the "Full source code" link from the opening post.
  3. Extract it somewhere.
  4. Rename the extracted folder to something without spaces in it. [Might not be necessary, but on Linux I had some problems without it.]
  5. Open a terminal (with the extracted folder as the current directory), and enter these commands:

./configure
    make
    make bundle

(See here for details.)
  6. Find the OpenTTD.app in the bundles folder, end enjoy... :)
On Linux, my compiler was a little pedantic and refused to compile the game unless I made a small change to the source code (see my previous post), but that might not be necessary on Mac OSX.
Last edited by archy on 21 Dec 2014 01:54, edited 4 times in total.
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

I noticed something strange:
With daylength i expected the game time to slow down so al the new introduction dates of new trains and such dont come so fast one after another.
But with the daylength set to 26, it seems the whole economy as well is slown down with that factor. Trains and road vehicles take ages to load now. Is there some setting that i missed to compensate that, so the economy (loading times) are back to "normal" ?

Edit:
Ticks per minute is still on the default 74, should i change this?

Edit 2:
it seems to work fine when daylength is set to 3 and ticks to 222 (3x74)
Last edited by Dante123 on 20 Dec 2014 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
archy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by archy »

OK, I found something that does not work: Defining desert tiles.
  • When generating a random sub-tropical map, all land areas are grass (instead of a mix of grass areas and desert areas like it should be).
  • The "Define desert areas" tool does not work.
  • When opening an existing scenario that was created with an un-patched OpenTTD, desert areas show up fine, but can not be removed or expanded (see previous point).
This is unfortunate, as I was looking forward to creating a cool subtropical scenario that exploits the "more that 15 height levels" patch.
When I create it in normal OpenTTD I can't have extra height levels, and when I create it with this patch pack I can't have desert areas... :(
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

RE: "This graphics set is missing sprites" error - You will need to download a recently developmental (nightly) version of OpenGFX. http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/opengfx/ ... es/LATEST/
PeteB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PeteB »

I've just downloaded this patch pack seems to work very well and it loads all of my older savegames However, since 2013 I've been using an older patch pack namely 25048M and it won't attempt to load any of the saved games made by this pack as it says "Savegame is made with a newer version" which it clearly isn't. As far as I know 25048M just added the ability to increase the number of Newgrfs. Anything I can do to get these games loaded?

Cheers,

Pete
archy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by archy »

kamnet wrote:RE: "This graphics set is missing sprites" error - You will need to download a recently developmental (nightly) version of OpenGFX. http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/opengfx/ ... es/LATEST/
Thanks, that got rid of the "missing sprites" warning.

Generating desert areas in sub-tropical climate still doesn't work though... Does it work for anyone else?
Randell PDX
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Randell PDX »

archy wrote:
What is the problem you're running into when trying to compile it?

These steps should work (although I don't have a Mac, so I can't test it):
  1. Install Developer Tools (Xcode) and the required libraries. [On Linux, the allegro4 library is required in addition to the libraries required by normal OpenTTD - not sure if its the same of Mac OSX.]
  2. Download the "Full source code" link from the opening post.
  3. Extract it somewhere.
  4. Rename the extracted folder to something without spaces in it. [Might not be necessary, but on Linux I had some problems without it.]
  5. Open a terminal (with the extracted folder as the current directory), and enter these commands:

./configure
    make
    make bundle

(See here for details.)
  6. Find the OpenTTD.app in the bundles folder, end enjoy... :)
On Linux, my compiler was a little pedantic and refused to compile the game unless I made a small change to the source code (see my previous post), but that might not be necessary on Mac OSX.

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried to follow your instructions the best I can. After several hours of trying I continue to get this error message.

Last login: Sat Dec 20 17:08:54 on ttys002
Randelldesktop:~ Randell$ cd ~/Downloads/TTDspring
Randelldesktop:TTDspring Randell$ ./configure
checking awk... awk
detecting OS... OSX
checking build system type... x86_64-apple-darwin14.0.0
checking host system type... x86_64-apple-darwin14.0.0
checking universal build... no
checking build cc... gcc
checking host cc... gcc
checking build c++... g++
checking host c++... g++
checking strip... disabled
checking builtin depend... yes
checking makedepend... disabled
detecting cpu-type... 64 bits
detecting SSE... found
checking static... no
checking unicode... no
using debug level... no
using desync debug level... no
using link time optimization... no
checking OSX sysroot... no (use system default)
checking Allegro... OSX, skipping
checking SDL... OSX, skipping
checking COCOA... found
checking whether to enable the Quartz window subdriver... yes
checking Quickdraw window subdriver... disabled (64 bits)
checking GDI video driver... not Windows, skipping
checking dedicated... not selected
checking console application... not Windows, skipping
checking network... found
checking squirrel... found
checking translator... no
checking assert... enabled
checking zlib... found
checking liblzma... found
checking lzo2... found
checking libxdg-basedir... not found
checking libpng... not found
checking libfreetype... not found
checking libfontconfig... no freetype, skipping
checking libicu... not found
checking psp-config... not PSP, skipping
checking libtimidity... not found
checking direct-music... not Windows, skipping
checking sort... sort
checking endianness... PREPROCESSOR
suppress language errors... no
checking stripping... skipped
checking distcc... no (only used when forced)
checking ccache... no (only used when forced)
checking grfcodec... not found
checking nforenum... not found
detecting ppc970 (G5)... no
checking revision... source tarball
checking iconv... found
checking if iconv has non-const inbuf... yes
checking whether to link to iconv... yes
personal home directory... Documents/OpenTTD
shared data directory... /Library/Application\ Support/OpenTTD
installation directory... /
icon theme directory... none
manual page directory... share/man/man6
menu item directory... none
clang: error: unsupported option '-dumpspecs'
clang: error: no input files
clang: error: unsupported option '-dumpspecs'
clang: error: no input files
using CFLAGS_BUILD... -Wall -Wno-multichar -Wsign-compare -Wundef -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -W -Wno-unused-parameter -Wredundant-decls -Wformat=2 -Wformat-security -Winit-self -fno-strict-aliasing -Wcast-qual -fno-strict-overflow -Wnon-virtual-dtor -DOSX
using CXXFLAGS_BUILD...
using LDFLAGS_BUILD...
using CFLAGS... -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -Wno-multichar -Wsign-compare -Wundef -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -W -Wno-unused-parameter -Wredundant-decls -Wformat=2 -Wformat-security -Winit-self -fno-strict-aliasing -Wcast-qual -fno-strict-overflow -Wnon-virtual-dtor -DOSX -DWITH_SSE -isystem/opt/local/include -DNO_QUICKTIME -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -DUNIX -DWITH_COCOA -DENABLE_COCOA_QUARTZ -DWITH_ZLIB -DWITH_LZMA -I/usr/local/Cellar/xz/5.0.7/include -DWITH_LZO -D_SQ64 -I/Users/Randell/Downloads/TTDspring/src/3rdparty/squirrel/include -DWITH_ICONV -DENABLE_NETWORK -DWITH_PERSONAL_DIR -DPERSONAL_DIR=\"Documents/OpenTTD\" -DWITH_SHARED_DIR -DSHARED_DIR=\"/Library/Application\ Support/OpenTTD\" -DGLOBAL_DATA_DIR=\"/usr/local/share/games/openttd\"
using CXXFLAGS...
using LDFLAGS... -lstdc++ -lc -F/System/Library/Frameworks -framework Cocoa -framework Carbon -framework AudioUnit -framework AudioToolbox -lz -L/usr/local/Cellar/xz/5.0.7/lib -llzma -llzo2 -liconv -framework Cocoa
Generating Makefile...
Generating lang/Makefile...
Generating setting/Makefile...
Generating grf/Makefile...
Generating objs/Makefile...
Randelldesktop:TTDspring Randell$ make
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/Users/Randell/Downloads/TTDspring/src/table/settings.h.postamble', needed by `table/settings.h'. Stop.
make: *** [all] Error 1
Randelldesktop:TTDspring Randell$ make help

Do you have any advise?

I am working on a mac.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

PeteB wrote:I've just downloaded this patch pack seems to work very well and it loads all of my older savegames However, since 2013 I've been using an older patch pack namely 25048M and it won't attempt to load any of the saved games made by this pack as it says "Savegame is made with a newer version" which it clearly isn't. As far as I know 25048M just added the ability to increase the number of Newgrfs. Anything I can do to get these games loaded?
Typically patch packs are not compatible with each other, or with vanilla OpenTTD. Whatever games are created with a specific patch pack can only be opened by that same patch pack.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Randell PDX wrote:Randelldesktop:TTDspring Randell$ make
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/Users/Randell/Downloads/TTDspring/src/table/settings.h.postamble', needed by `table/settings.h'. Stop.
make: *** [all] Error 1
The 'clang' errors may need looking into, and lack of the various libraries may cause trouble later on too, but the above error is perhaps just a matter of a missing file. The "src/table/settings.h.postamble" is part of the source code in the OpenTTD repository, and should be available in that directory.

It is part of the generator that generates the settings source files.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

pi1985 wrote:
3iff wrote:The train buying menu is beautifully clear but it takes up about 80% of the screen
You may disable new build window dialog in Advanced Settings: Interface -> Show new build vehicle window.
Ah, I didn't know about that setting. Unfortunately the game crashes on me when I disable the new window style. I may try the previous release as I'm having some unexpected problems (it could be the PC I'm using here).

Thanks.
sviridovt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sviridovt »

I've started a server using the patchpack if anyone wants to join. Starting in 1925 with a lot of newGRF's IP is enderempire.net. I am very open to suggestions :D
Kaiser-NA
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kaiser-NA »

Do you think it would be possible to add in HEQS and maybe the NARS trainset or 2CC trainset? I only ask about the trains since I'm partial to North American ones.

Then again, your server so your preferences :)
sviridovt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sviridovt »

Kaiser-NA wrote:Do you think it would be possible to add in HEQS and maybe the NARS trainset or 2CC trainset? I only ask about the trains since I'm partial to North American ones.

Then again, your server so your preferences :)
Not at all, although I am pretty sure I cant add it to existing world
Jyratos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jyratos »

sviridovt wrote:I've started a server using the patchpack if anyone wants to join. Starting in 1925 with a lot of newGRF's IP is enderempire.net. I am very open to suggestions :D
I tried to connect to the server but after downloading approximately 1,5 MB of the map it says I lost the connection. Did my connection is not enough fast ?
sviridovt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sviridovt »

Jyratos wrote:
sviridovt wrote:I've started a server using the patchpack if anyone wants to join. Starting in 1925 with a lot of newGRF's IP is enderempire.net. I am very open to suggestions :D
I tried to connect to the server but after downloading approximately 1,5 MB of the map it says I lost the connection. Did my connection is not enough fast ?
I've upped the max join time to the maximum value, see if that works for you ;)

EDIT: I've also enabled cargo distribution for passengers and mail. All other cargo is still on manual though
Kaiser-NA
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kaiser-NA »

sviridovt wrote:
Jyratos wrote:
I've upped the max join time to the maximum value, see if that works for you ;)

Had this issue once last night, but it worked second time. Thanks for setting this up!

Return to “OpenTTD Development”