[REMOVED] Re-Make of the Automod

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [WIP] The Automod Re-done

Post by mc.crab »

I like the green colour or the tire factory. To me it looks like this is going to be one of those must have mods.

I would also like to test it.
- Fractal design R3 case - Asus P8P67 Motherboard - Intel Core i7-2600k 3,4Ghz - AMD Radeon HD6950 Direct CU II 2GB - 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz -
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

It looks great! Can't wait to test.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Sure about that...Ok, you and Mr. Crab can test this. But how can I send it to you ? I can't do it via the tt-forums because the whole mod is 25MB...

So I think I'm gonna need both your MSN for that, please send it via a PM to me...
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 73790 »

Can i please please please test this too.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Testing should wait for just a moment. Just talked to Plastikman, and since the original automod came from him, he wants to play with it first before I get permission to release anything. So on hold for now...

btw...Zimmlock is working on new graphics for a Recycle Plant. So for now I still need to wait for that as well.
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

Sure about that...Ok, you and Mr. Crab can test this. But how can I send it to you ? I can't do it via the tt-forums because the whole mod is 25MB...
I have a yahoo email. you can send it to me there. :wink:
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

I have enough testers at this moment...Plastikman, Zimmlock, Jeroentje006, Mr. Crab and LA Noire are putting this baby to the test and when they have givin feedback and their comment we'll take a look at it again. Thnxss guys for that !!

Work is still being done on the new Recycle Factory by Zimmlock...

Here's a first screen:
004(3).png
004(3).png (4.98 KiB) Viewed 2543 times
So that will still take some time. Until then I'll keep you posted and the testers as well :lol:
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

That looks good.

Edit: edited out the OT
Last edited by mc.crab on 03 Aug 2011 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
- Fractal design R3 case - Asus P8P67 Motherboard - Intel Core i7-2600k 3,4Ghz - AMD Radeon HD6950 Direct CU II 2GB - 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz -
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Ok, fine but you're in Finland right ? That should be the same time as within the Netherlands...But please next time send me a PM, this has nothing to do with the mod and I want to keep the topic a little clean, if you know what I mean :lol: :wink: ...

See you tomorrow, I'll be online around 10:30 in the morning...
ed-oorklep
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ed-oorklep »

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:Ok, fine but you're in Finland right ? That should be the same time as within the Netherlands...But please next time send me a PM, this has nothing to do with the mod and I want to keep the topic a little clean, if you know what I mean :lol: :wink: ...

See you tomorrow, I'll be online around 10:30 in the morning...
This is going to be a great mod once it comes out (I have no doubt it will).
But damn at 10:30 I'd be at work as a fellow dutchman 8)
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

ed-oorklep wrote: This is going to be a great mod once it comes out (I have no doubt it will).
It will be, a few people are already working on it. I worked on it for 4 weeks now...

I'm testing the mod myself as well...and I have a few screens of the testing grounds in the form of Shermann Hill on wich I'm testing this mod. Look at the screens, I think the used rubber would be nice for the Recycle Factory to remake rubber out of it. But I don't think the used rubber is an option for the Tire-Factory, and rubber should be delivered from the Recycle Factory and the Rubber Plantage...
Scrap-Yard.PNG
(430.43 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Scrap-Automobiles and Scrap-Metal is delivered at the Scrap-Heap. The trains on the large part of the station pick up rubber from the plantage and load construction steel and plastic pellets (they are delivered here from the closest Chemical Factory) from the scrap-heap station. It's gives a nice income because plastic pellets are well present here and construction steel is there in large numbers...So that gives a good flow. The short train with the Challenger locomotive is loading used rubber and delivers it at the rubber plantage...From there it is picked up by another train, wich loads rubber, used rubber and a little further down the line it loads up oil for the tire factory.
Tire-Factory.PNG
(389.17 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
The used rubber, rubber and oil gets delivered here at the tire-factory. But payments for rubber and used rubber is zero. That's because it will take forever to fill the train with used rubber (wich doesn't have a very high production). Because it will take so long, not much oil is produced at the oil wells further down the line...and because it takes long payments are low or zero.

I'm not sure what to do with it...I don't want to drop the used rubber from the mod, but maybe I can deliver oil and rubber only to the tire-factory, because those are industries that will produce completely on their own. The used rubber is a by-product. I don't know if tire-factory's in real life take back old tires (or old rubber) to produce new ones out of it, or that the old tires (or old rubber) will be delivered at a recycle factory to produce new rubber out of it.

For now I will test a little more, but if this doesn't get any better, I think I will only let the used rubber get delivered at the recycle factory, where new rubber gets produced. Or maybe I make another cargo out of it. Instead of used rubber I will make that old tires (because old tires can now be seen on the scrap-yard)...I could also make the rubber-plantage produce latex (like in real life) and have the latex delivered to a new industry (the rubber plant). In that case the mod gets even bigger. One new industry (the rubber plant), a new cargo (latex) and old tires instead of used rubber.

What do you guys think of that idea ?

In short: Only deliver rubber and oil to the tire-factory. Drop the used rubber and make old tires out of that, and then deliver the old tires to the recycle plant to produce new goods and new rubber out of those...A new industry and a new cargo.
Recycle-Factory.PNG
(423.44 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
The recycle factory runs well. Waste, Scrap-metal and Used Rubber gets delivered here and goods and rubber is being produced out of that. The Big Boy that runs by is heading for the Autoparts-Factory with Construction Steel, Rubber and Plastik Pellets to make Autoparts and Scrap-Metal out of it. No problems there...

Thnxsss a lot for the feedback...it's needed to create a better mod.

I don't know if the test players have the same problem, please let me know here....

Now I'm off to bed, I wish you all a good night and till tomorrow :wink: :lol:
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

Where is everyone getting those containers? I searched with no luck. :shock:
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

@ L.A. Noire Fan
I think those containers are from the container mod. It was available long time ago only for a short time.

@ Emperor Darth Sidious
I watched a program some time ago about how different products are made. I don't remember what they were making but they were using used tires. I think they made rubber carpets or something like that, but not new tires.
Drop the used rubber and make old tires out of that, and then deliver the old tires to the recycle plant to produce new goods and new rubber out of those...A new industry and a new cargo.
To me that sounds a lot better, and I also think it is closer to what it is in real life.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

L.A. Noire Fan wrote:Where is everyone getting those containers? I searched with no luck. :shock:
Everyone ? Not many people have it...I had to edit some things myself to make that work...It's still in beta, and the original came from Plastikman. Not sure if or when he will release that...I know I can't, don't have the permission for that.
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

Just started the testing and I have to say this is a lot better than I tought.

There is something wrong with the recycling center sprites.
Screenshot4.jpg
Screenshot4.jpg (203.83 KiB) Viewed 2465 times
Screenshot5.jpg
Screenshot5.jpg (224.68 KiB) Viewed 2465 times
To me it sounds a little weird to take construction steel to an autoparts factory. I would imagine that construction steel is used to make buildings. When making tires they use wire to make it stronger, so I was thinking if it's possible to have steelmill make rolled steel and wire (or something similar) and take rolled steel to autoparts factory and wire to tire factory.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

That is a possibility...on the other hand, there are factories where only tires will be produced and not the wires. So I'll think I leave it that way. But used rubber will be changed into old tires. Old tires will be produced by the scrap-heap. The old tires will go to the recycle plant. Since an industry can only produce 2 things that will still be goods and rubber. I like the idea of using rolled steel for the autoparts...but I don't know what to do with the construction steel, you're right about that. It's used for the construction of buildings etc...

Besided I told you this morning on MSN that a new recycle factory is in the making. It's gonna be a mix between the scrap-yard and a new industry. Here's the first screen of the new Recycle plant where Zimmlock and I are working on:
New Recycle Plant.PNG
(124.21 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Edit H 20:30

I have decided not to use the wires. Instead of construction steel the steelmill will produce rolled steel and aluminium. The aluminium must be delivered at the tire factory (for the wheel trim, or hubcap) together with rubber and oil and at the autoparts factory (since most autoparts are made out of aluminium these days). Rolled steel is delivered at the factory together with plastic and chemicals to produce goods. I also decided to leave the chemical plant as it is and let that one produce the plastic pellets and waste. I have made a Rubber Factory, latex, chemicals or old tires must be delivered to produce rubber and goods.

The rubber plantage will now produce latex (like in real life) wich is transported in tanker trains and trucks to the rubber factory.

Here's a screen of the rubber factory:
Rubber and Plastik.PNG
(159.47 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
(Already changed things in the first posts as well about the replaced cargo's and new industries)
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 05 Aug 2011 09:37, edited 2 times in total.
ed-oorklep
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ed-oorklep »

It's looking great guys, keep up the good work :bow:
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [WIP] Re-Make of the Automod

Here's an update on the new industries and all of it's cargo's:
NAM Industries and Production 1.PNG
(120.28 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
NAM Industries and Production 2.PNG
(143.07 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
11 New Industries, New City-Buildings, somewhat 30 edited City-Buildings and 14 New Cargo's

Almost ready to release this mod ! Testing is done by a few people at the moment...For now I don't have any new ideas for the mod. Maybe you people do ? If so, please let me know about it...

Regards,

Erik
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 08 Aug 2011 09:00, edited 3 times in total.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Looks good but a few suggestions;
Steel Mill:
Requires:
- Iron Ore
- Chemicals
- Coal <- adds a bit of TTD flavor

To Produce:
- Rolled Steel
- Alluminium

Also never heard of Rbber :P
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thnxss IA, I changed it so now it accepts Coal, Iron Ore and Chemicals. But do you think I should make it NEEDALL or not ? btw...where did you saw Rbber ? Did I made a mistake somewhere ?

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”