OTTD Romazoon's screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OTTD Romazoon's screenshots

Post by Emperor Jake »

Yes, I know, that map is 16 Megabytes :shock: It's huge! For me it takes 15 minutes to download, but it's worth it. Unfortunately I started buildng a new line when got disconnected. Romazoon, can you find a solitary 3-track station with a short track coming out of it? I can't remember the town.
Obviously the construction workers went on strike and the project lays unfinished.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

hey Jake, as you can see on screenie the station is allready used, it was bought by a newly funded company(welcome Davis), the striking worker were simply replaced with interim workers and things were completed ;)

and question for Pro : i had a message telling me one of the client is "slow", and that i shoudl increase the "network fram Freq", so how should i do that ? thanks

also is it going to be more intensive for Cpu ?? cause i think we are not far from the limits...

Edit: I found out and tried allready ingame to increase the network fram freq... it didn t helped with davis problem.
Last edited by romazoon on 14 Aug 2011 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

some more, cause today was quite an active day !
davis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by davis »

If anyone has some idea howto fix that issue. When i first joined the server it was quite some load on the CPU , but it was quite manageable to build some lines. now whenever I connect , my client freezes as soon as the game unpauses. I loaded the game in singleplayer , which doesn't run super fast tbh , but it runs at decent speed and is manageable.
any help will be appreciated.

Also since i don't want to start some offtopic discussion here , it'd be even more appricated if you send me your ideas via PM.

best regards.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

some fresh screenies!
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

First of all here is the very last savegame made on the Epic Cindini server game (only usable with Chillpatchpack v13.5) :

get it here : http://dl.free.fr/pXmfBzXWX

it s about 13.5 Mo. There is ,if i remember well, around 3000 vehicules (the first company uses more than 1000 trains...).

Also, here is a new batch of screenies from a recent server game using the France map made by "saucisse de Toulouse"

- This is Calais, with the entry of the Chunnel, two separates station, and a dock. The Eurostar service is actually runned with Shinkansen first version, the main reason to this is that, the service exist since the 70s and use still the same material, also the highspeed line from Paris to Calais is not existing so the Shinkansen speed is largely enough since they are not running more than 160kmh on all the french side!
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 17_04_2014.png
(258.93 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
- This is Paris with 5 out of the 6 really existing major train station (missing Austerlitz), The city act like the main hub of the SCNF (a bit like it is in real life).
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 17_04_2014#1.png
(5.36 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
-This is Brussels, all made by ZXbiohazard, with a go through station, a terminus for passenger, an other one for freight.
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 24_04_2014.png
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Last edited by romazoon on 02 Sep 2011 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

- This a Factory station near by Dijon, it s mainly served by trucks for delivery and picking up goods (only some copper ore is delivered by train).
(note: i setted the ogfx+industry.grf parameter to have more variety in the choice of cargo to transport)
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 28_04_2014#1.png
(270.05 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
- This is Orleans, with a busy passenger station, with a few locals lines, and TGV lines stopping or passing by here. next to it is a freight station receiving food and goods, goods being afterward sended till Versailles by trucks.
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 30_04_2014.png
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
- And this is Lyon, another major Hub on the French Network, with the TGV highspeed line going through there in addition to the mainline and a few branch lines. Lyon Airport is present too.
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 22_05_2014.png
(5.01 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

- The map of the actual network.
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 28_07_2014.png
(71.71 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

-Strasbourg, with service from SNCF (me) and another service from DB (Zx Biohazard). Both network are well connected here and allow sending train accross the border easily.
S.N.C.F and South British Rail, 30_07_2014.png
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 2 times

- Bonn, Koln and Leverkussen. Service by DB, also made by ZX. (the "highway" signs are here for a future/possible highway to be built there.)
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Are you still hosting this game, Romazoon? I haven't seen it up in the last few days...
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

hello Ext, sorry for not letting the server run continuously...i haven t seen anyone connecting for a while and so i turned down the server.

your doing well to ask about it, i ll relaunch it in a few minuts from now (i added a few newgrf to the game so ask me by pm if you dont find some of them :wink: )
Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

Augh! I still can't get Chill's Patch Pack to work. Can anyone help me?
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

check in the middle of page 11 in this thread , there is a download link of my build for windows 7 32bits and another for 64 bits. (the file just need to be unzipped, then you should be able to play)
mitooo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mitooo »

Very good, especially the area near Orléans :) but it seems I can't see the server in the list, so i can't join it :|
Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

I'm downloading it now. I hope it works, I'm using XP. It took me a little while before I found the download link with my nonexistent French. :p
mitooo wrote:Very good, especially the area near Orléans :) but it seems I can't see the server in the list, so i can't join it :|
You need the Chill's Patch Pack to play in the server. That's why you can't see it in the server list.
mitooo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mitooo »

Arexander wrote: You need the Chill's Patch Pack to play in the server. That's why you can't see it in the server list.
I have it, by saying "can't see" I meant "didn't show up in the server list". By the way, I lack the stolen trees GRF , so I don't advance very much in the process of joining the game...
Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

mitooo wrote:
Arexander wrote: You need the Chill's Patch Pack to play in the server. That's why you can't see it in the server list.
I have it, by saying "can't see" I meant "didn't show up in the server list". By the way, I lack the stolen trees GRF , so I don't advance very much in the process of joining the game...
I can see it but I lack some NewGRFs. I could find all others but not the updated Stolen Trees. Just search them from Google and tell me if you find the Stolen Trees too. :p
Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

Sorry for double post, but I still can't find the updated stolen trees and I'd really like to join you guys at Romazoon's server. :cry:
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Arexander wrote:Sorry for double post, but I still can't find the updated stolen trees and I'd really like to join you guys at Romazoon's server. :cry:
Check the in-game downloader. Have you also searched the forum or not, I doubt you would get much off searching on Google.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

actually the server is off, again... The last game is apparently too laggy for the players connected to the server.

about the upadted Stolen tree grf, don t bother looking for this grf, next time i ll use the one from the online content .

maybe a new server game could be launched,
that would require :
- a nice scenario to play on it, and a goal to reach on it
- you can also suggest some new grf (they are not all required to be on online content, as some very good ones are not available there)
- the settings of cargodist may have to be discussed too (effect of distance on demands, cargodistribution style for passenger, mail, express, armoured and other freights, etc)

post here your suggestion, and we ll try to set up something nice for a new game soon"ish" :wink:

just note that, after playing the last two server games on 2048x2048, something smaller could maybe help solving the lag issue occuring later ingame (even 2048x1024 might allready improve things a lot).
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

romazoon wrote:actually the server is off, again... The last game is apparently too laggy for the players connected to the server.

about the upadted Stolen tree grf, don t bother looking for this grf, next time i ll use the one from the online content .

maybe a new server game could be launched,
that would require :
- a nice scenario to play on it, and a goal to reach on it
- you can also suggest some new grf (they are not all required to be on online content, as some very good ones are not available there)
- the settings of cargodist may have to be discussed too (effect of distance on demands, cargodistribution style for passenger, mail, express, armoured and other freights, etc)

post here your suggestion, and we ll try to set up something nice for a new game soon"ish" :wink:

just note that, after playing the last two server games on 2048x2048, something smaller could maybe help solving the lag issue occuring later ingame (even 2048x1024 might allready improve things a lot).
i am actually working on a map myself, will take a while if you want it bigger then 2048x2048 though....

Return to “Screenshots”