Future of OpenTTD PSP

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

orangedemi
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Future of OpenTTD PSP

Post by orangedemi »

hiya i justed wanted to let yall know the 1.1.0 rc1 doesnt work for m33 5.00 either

Edit: ok im still getting a black screen, heres a list of things i have tried.
1. using the original ttd files specific the trg.grf files sample.cat and copypasting the .gm files to the gm folder
2. unpacking the opengfx sfx and msx into the respective folders.

so far i got nothing and ive left my psp on for 15-30minutes each time.
the orginal 0.53 port just fine (especially after pasting the orginal grf cat and gm files into the directory)

i think there may be a way to jury rig it with files from the game on my computer.
Dreedo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dreedo »

I have the same results as Orangedemi.

I think the PSP version will remain dead forever however, the PSP is being replaced and the homebrew scene on it is fairly small now. Most programs have got the most they can out of the consoles. (in terms of emulators)

I think the Android version is doing fairly well, although I don't own an Android, so if you want OTTD on the go, it might be worth checking out.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

When the PS Vita comes out, I hope that the PSP port of Openttd will work on it, or at least someone will port OpenTTD to the PSVita.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
mcfroogle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mcfroogle »

NekoMaster wrote:When the PS Vita comes out, I hope that the PSP port of Openttd will work on it, or at least someone will port OpenTTD to the PSVita.
wololo (wololo.com) is working on a way to run psp homebrew on the vita and there has been A LOT of sucsess. Although it will just be the psp version and it will NOT use any features of the vita such as the touchscreen.
Dreedo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dreedo »

Indeed Mcfroogle is correct.

As the PS Vita has a 'PSP Emulation Mode' (basically turns your Vita into a PSP) technically all the exploits and holes found in the PSP's security can be used on the Vita, but they only work in the PSP Emulation Mode of the Vita, and whilst in that mode, Sony have disabled a lot of the Vita's features in order to save power. So the Vita essentially becomes a PSP whilst in that mode, but it does mean that if a stable method to access PSP homebrew is acquired on the Vita (no doubt Sony will have patched the current method of playing PSP homebrew on Vita by the time it releases outside of Japan) that there will be a nice selection of homebrew already available on the Vita.

It'd be much better to have a Vita port however, the PSP isn't quite powerful enough to have all the features OTTD offers. Plus the extra control features the Vita has will make OTTD more playable.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Yeah, I think a full PSV port would be many times better then the old PSP port, putting it near the Andriod port since the PSV has better CPU and GPU power and touch screen and dual analog sticks.

We've just got to wait till the PSV comes to North America in Febuaray and wait for it to be cracked, then for someone to code a PSV port, which more then likely will not be me since I don't even know how to program for a computer :p
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Return to “OpenTTD Development”