32Bpp Graphics Pack (13/03/2010)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

32Bpp-Pack
Engineer
Engineer

Re: 32Bpp Graphics Pack (12/02/2010)

Post by 32Bpp-Pack »

i belive an update is in order :) i'll gather all the files upuntill tommorow and upload them.
32Bpp-Pack
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 32Bpp-Pack »

Ammler wrote:I would prefer none compress format, simple pngs in a tar...
thats not really an option for the full pack as i need to pack more than one tar togther.
i think i'll use zip for this one, i belive its will be ceptable to linux/windows users alike :)

as for the one file base set, lets revert to the the simple self extractable file to avoid the problems that was observed before.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have updated the file with bridges and I have coded the papermill.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
32Bpp-Pack
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 32Bpp-Pack »

old first page.

32Bpp - Game files
All what you need to run the latest OTTD version with FULLZOOM support
Its a Self extractable file, just unpack the game to the your desired game folder.
  • Includes:
  • 32bit or 64bit binaries r19024 (latest)
  • OpenGfx Version 0.2.1 (latest)
  • Includes OpenSfx Version 0.2.1 (latest)

32Bpp Graphics Base Set:
Includes all the available 32Bpp sprites to replace the games 8bpp BaseSet in one file.

32Bpp Full TAR pack:
Full TAR pack, includes all (and only) TAR files from the Gfxdev repository and those two
  • Credits to each and every of our respected developers included in each of the files.
  • For manual Download please Visit Wikipedia List
32Bpp Graphics No Lines:
like the caption say's, APopular graphical set for most of the temperate sprites.

32Bpp Graphics additional Set:
Includes additional NewGrf Files that are not part of the FullPack/BaseSet, activating them should be done through the in game menu.

Download Sources, (HTTP, Self Extractable, One File download, Multiple sources **):
32Bpp Game files 32bit- rapidshare or netload or zshare or filefactory or badongo
32Bpp Game files 64bit- rapidshare or [url=https:///]netload[/url] or zshare or filefactory or badongo

32Bpp Graphics Base Set - rapidshare or netload or zshare or filefactory or badongo

32Bpp Full pack - Rapidshare or Netload or zshare or filefactory or badongo

32Bpp No lines - Rapidshare or Netload or zshare or filefactory or [url=ttp://www.gazup.com/5QNjh-Badongo/]badongo[/url]

32Bpp Graphics additional Set - rapidshare or netload or zshare or filefactory or badongo

Install process
extract the game pack to the game folder you choose
extract the base set to your [game folder]\data\
extract the additional set to your [game folder]\data\ <- those are activated like all grfs in the game.
play.

* if you DL the No lines Pack, it comes without a newGRF so you have to replace the Tars from the FullPack with the same name with those.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** (Http, RAR, One File Download):
Http - Means normal Browser download
Self Extractable - Just click and choose where to unpack (those with winrar or 7zip, can just use the right click for more oprions)

we use Free HTTP Hosting, in case you never used it before, there is no need to get scared by it, just look for the free option
here is a youtube videos featuring how to use Rapidshare service or Netload service to help you.
also note its free hosting and thus its some times has download limits, this why you have been provided with multiple sources for the same file.

Updates: 08/1/2010,16/1/2010.
23/1/2010 Update summery:
Updated binaries to r18891 (fixed tar problem)
base pack and aditional pack are now consist of one TAR file each.
added 64bit game pack
removed old packs mirrors.
12/02/2010 Update summery:
Updated binaries to r19024
This time Fullpack and BaseSet are basically the same
no lines set was added and aditionals sets was updated.
all packs now include Symlinks, fixed dew problems.
removed old packs mirrors.
32Bpp-Pack
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 32Bpp-Pack »

ok here the links to the new version, this time its:

Baseset.exe (91GB) - rapidshare, megaupload, netload

Fullpack.zip (105GB) - rapidshare, megaupload, netload

both has the same content, the first is all in one TAR file, self extractable file.

---------------------------------------------------

all the latest 'neob(mor)' files are included, he said that he over extended his stay on the forum for to long and will be leaving it/the project.
according to him those are the latest most up to date version of the base set files there is and should be used for later updates.

most of them has already been uploaded to the repo and their entry's updated on the wiki.
for further use when updating on the repo please keep the same convention's (top level for base sets, categories for sources/single works, the newly formed naming convention the desc and even the file names)

while everyone can update the files, its suggested that one person will take the job on himself, so it will work smoothly.
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: 32Bpp Graphics Pack (13/03/2010)

Post by GeekToo »

Thanks a lot for the update.

Seems to work fine for me: a small note for those that downloaded the zip file (I don't know about the exe):
after unzipping, also unzip the 32bpp-extra zip file, and activate the 32bpp-extra newgrf, and your coast tiles and catenary etc should be fine.
ArmEagle
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ArmEagle »

32Bpp-Pack wrote:ok here the links to the new version, this time its:

Baseset.exe (91GB) - rapidshare, megaupload, netload

Fullpack.zip (105GB) - rapidshare, megaupload, netload

Euhm, that looks scary; 'GB'. But following one of the links shows it's Megabytes after all. :)
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

the fact that it's hosted with such crappy services (i.e. rapidshare) makes me not even want to try.... if you need some decent space, why not ask tt-forums (i.e. owen rudge) to give you a user space, or ask someone like openttdcoop or me! there are enough people who would probably help out, but rapidshare and the likes ... waiting up to 70 seconds just so a download can start? i cancel before the download even started!
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

dihedral wrote:the fact that it's hosted with such crappy services (i.e. rapidshare) makes me not even want to try.... if you need some decent space, why not ask tt-forums (i.e. owen rudge) to give you a user space, or ask someone like openttdcoop or me! there are enough people who would probably help out, but rapidshare and the likes ... waiting up to 70 seconds just so a download can start? i cancel before the download even started!
I prefer to use these "crappy" services, and reduce the traffic usage of tt-forums servers. These traffic cost money, and I prefer keep the costs low. These services have a wait and adds... but They are free.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Szvengar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Szvengar »

Optimized full pack 11/04/2010 in one TAR file: Full pack.

Notes:
11/04/2010:
- De-optimized masks for now.
08/04/2010:
- Added more sprites in ogfxe_extra.
- Add/update sprites: monorail, vehicle stations and depots.
24/03/2010:
- In order to function properly need to use the exe I made (see below).
- Added more sprites in ogfxe_extra.
- Remove all NewGRF (you can find 32bpp-extra here).
- Correct some sprites.
- Add/update sprites: iron ore mine, farm, coal mine.
18/03/2010:
- I renamed some files in ogfxe_extra to be compatible with OpenGFX r367.

Binary see http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=870904#p870904
Last edited by Szvengar on 28 Apr 2010 12:28, edited 14 times in total.
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

maquinista wrote:
dihedral wrote:the fact that it's hosted with such crappy services (i.e. rapidshare) makes me not even want to try.... if you need some decent space, why not ask tt-forums (i.e. owen rudge) to give you a user space, or ask someone like openttdcoop or me! there are enough people who would probably help out, but rapidshare and the likes ... waiting up to 70 seconds just so a download can start? i cancel before the download even started!
I prefer to use these "crappy" services, and reduce the traffic usage of tt-forums servers. These traffic cost money, and I prefer keep the costs low. These services have a wait and adds... but They are free.
i have about 3TB/month spare....
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

I agree with both of you. I fact I already started moving into that direction (away from the "crappy" downloads, free hosting, and relief some of the download pressure from tt-forums and jupix server). See: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/32bpp-extra

For now it is only for the "extra" grf, to solve the graphical issues with coast tiles etc, but it can be extended with the 32bpp pngs for the other base-grfs (in fact, that is the end goal I envision, but I want to take one step at a time). And when the 32bpp pool grows, a mirror on eg. Dihedrals server would be very welcome, both reliability wise (a crash or 404 on one of the servers wouldnt be fatal), as bandwidth wise, splitting the bandwidth between openttdcoop and dihedral a bit (perhaps combined with torrents). 32bpp megapacks have the tendency to become rather big, esp. for extra zoom levels.
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

Yeah, interesting piece of trivia: the previous megapack (not extra-zooms compliant) was about 3 MBs in size.
#################
Szvengar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Szvengar »

Hakker
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hakker »

Dunno exactly where to put the bug with openttd32 extra zoom (kinda get the idea that it lacks a bug hunting section for that version) but scrolling upwards in max zoom still has some issues it works but still not like you would expect. It is a whole lot better the last time I checked the 32bit extra zoom version though.
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

Hakker wrote:Dunno exactly where to put the bug with openttd32 extra zoom
In its thread: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=35794
#################
hrizzy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hrizzy »

Is there any possibilty to get patched binaries compiled for Linux?
If anyone has done for Debian, I'll send you a beer :D
City Builder
Engineer
Engineer

Post by City Builder »

First off thanks for this version. I only wish that more people would actually use it online, I've seen one or two servers popup from time to time but... anyway...

Question:
Maybe this has been answered in the previous 8 pages of dialog, if so my apologies for asking again....
Is there a way to make it so that only the newer graphic buildings show up in the game? I do realize that there is not a replacement for every type of building in the game (not yet anyway) but just wondering if there is a way to make it so that only the new 32bpp graphic buildings show up in the cities (not the industries, as I think I'd lose too much if the industries that don't have newer graphics were to not show up where as if some buildings in the cities don't show up because there isn't a replacement, it doesn't seem like a big deal for me to imagine they are there)?

Thanks again for this 32Bpp version, I really love the extra zoom levels and the clarity of the graphics that have been changed out, in my opinion it really adds to the game.

Personally, I'd rather see my entire cities filled with Just a couple buildings in high quality like this (and have them repeat over and over again or have gaping holes where buildings should be):
this.png
this.png (221.7 KiB) Viewed 3168 times
Rather than see any of these buildings:
not_this.png
not_this.png (84.67 KiB) Viewed 3168 times
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

If you copy the sprites you want duplicated across the city, and change the name/numbers to the sprite numbers of the buildings you want replaced, then you will remove all resized original/openGFX sprites. It hasn't been done as far as I know, because it would be a bit side tracking.
Ben
City Builder
Engineer
Engineer

Post by City Builder »

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

Return to “Graphics Development”