Gremnon's Patch Pack (GPP, r18413)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Gremnon's Patch Pack (GPP, r18413)

Post by Gremnon »

CIV was getting difficult to maintain with various issues, so I've started over fresh. MOST of the patches from CIV live on here. There are differences and issues.

Changelog
r17633, revision 1 - saveload fixed, Advanced Settings should now work as per normal. (Known to work up to r17656, at least)
r17680 - Patches Updated - More Airports / Patches Removed - Tracking Viewport / Patches Added - Improved Timetable Management, Improved Production Change News, Minimum distance between Towns and Industries, YAPF Vehicle Penatly
r17736 - updated: Better Profit Rating - fixed: Savegame Compatibility restored with trunk and older GPP builds
r18413 - after a lot of work, it's finally here. The full list can be found here

Update: The Google Code Project pages are here - be warned they're in need of an update.

The current patches:
As promised, this is build on CargoDist technology, giving all of the benefits of all parts of it, including the small map zoom
Diagonal Level and Clear
Closing of Adjacent level crossings
AI Config - move up and down
Airport Upgrade (Note - Airport Close and the More Airports have been removed due to conflicts with other patches, and trunk changes)
Autoload face
Building of a road up to an obstacle
Build while paused in editor
Caternary over 3rd rail type (For those Japanset users)
No Air crashes
Passenger-only signals
Query Land Shortcut (Why is this not in trunk, one wonders)
The much requested Reduced tree growth
Improved reliability (Trains don't lose reliability while loading/unloading at a station)
and finally, Transfer with Shift-Click

Other patches may or may not make it in depending on user demand, and whether I choose to add them.
Attachments
trafficlights.zip
Traffic Lights GRF pack
(4.26 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
Last edited by Gremnon on 12 Dec 2009 16:17, edited 14 times in total.
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Gremnon's Patch Pack (GPP, r17633)

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

Working to keep win 32 builds of GPP
For Community Integrated Version http://code.google.com/p/civopenttd/
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

Um, there's one slightly small bug found.
Don't click on Advanced Settings yet - it crashes, and I'm trying to figure out why.

(For anyone interested, it's a failed assertation)
(Now fixed)
Last edited by Gremnon on 02 Oct 2009 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
Gedemon
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gedemon »

you should check your savegame version in saveload.ccp (128) and settings.h (some settings are set at 200)
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

thanks Gedemon fort it was that all so when i use gremnons patch pack it changes the name on the main screen to openttd r
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

So that explains it.
I guess I have to learn to remember to look outside the file with the problem too.
Thanks... I'll fix this now, new version coming any minute now.

Edit: The patch is up, Precompiled at GC shortly.
Edit2: Patch and Precompiled are now available.

Known issues is that mysteriously Win32 builds change to a blank revision number, this will be looked at.
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

Bump, with a small update.

Firstly, no release this weekend because I put this one out on Friday. Expect a new version in a week.
Secondly, a poll has been added. With the 32bpp Extra Zoom Levels patch being, for a change, up to current trunk and working normally with it, I've experimented on my development build of GPP with it, and it also works normally. So, the question is - do people want the 32bpp EZL patch included in the pack or not? Cast your votes please ladies and gentlemen.
Extra Addition 1: I *may* put out two versions of the patch, one with it included, and one without it. Poll results will decide.
Thirdly, on patches.
The More Airports patch, at present, does not include the version with Rome, as a number of patching problems were found. I'm looking into these already.
The Improved Timetable Management patch, thanks to Alain, will be available in the next version of GPP. However, during some experimentation, Daylength was found to be incompatible with ITM, and thus will not be included any longer. Sorry to those who wanted it in.
Extra Addition 2: The improved Town Road Removal patch is also due for inclusion with GPP.
Finally, anyone who has a patch request, go ahead and make it, either here or by PM - I'll experiment on my development copy of GPP I'm running alongside the current version, and see what happens (Probably, my computer will complain again).

Extra Addition 3: Support for cargodist *may* also come as a separate patch. However, this depends on how easy it is to adapt GPP to work with it.

That's all for now,
Grem.
sulai
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by sulai »

I added some of my patches.

Original ottd-gpp-r17633
+ bypass_restricted_road_removal
+ yapf_vehicle_penalty
+ improved_production_change_news

edit: we played this patch in multiplayer for some hours, everything is fine. =)
Attachments
GPP3.diff
(235.52 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Last edited by sulai on 01 Oct 2009 20:55, edited 1 time in total.
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

The Improved Production News patch might make an appearance in this weekend's release too, it's a useful patch.
Good to know Multiplayer works fine too.

And so everyone knows... courtesy of a friend of mine named Isaac who doesn't frequent these forums, we may have a CargoDist-compatible version of the patch from him as well, depending on anything that decides to get in his way.
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

hope fully were see and IS patch in as well :P lol
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

I'd like to, but I don't think IS will make it in - to my knowledge, it's not been updated for a while (Could be wrong)
Also, Isaac decided to do the CargoDist port of GPP because he likes playing with CargoDist, and I don't think he's even considered IS.
We'll see though.

Also, at present it's useful to note that the pack is not trunk-compatible (You can't load savegames/scenarios from trunk). This may or may not be fixed sometime whenever I get around to it.
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

you know i was joeking about it but it would be good to use them both again to giver
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

Probably, IS with some of the AIs is interesting, I know, since I tried it once a while ago (when NoAI got merged into trunk, I think). We'll see what happens, I can't guarantee CargoDist this week, or for that matter at all, I have to wait until he sends it me. The normal one *should* be up, barring unforseen surprises again.
sulai
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by sulai »

Gremnon wrote:The Improved Production News patch might make an appearance in this weekend's release too, it's a useful patch.
Happy to hear that! :-) I just updated the patch: It can now be turned on and off using 2 buttons in the Message Options window.
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

Friday Afternoon Surprise!
Once again, I'm releasing a day early, because I can.

Here's the key changes from the previous version of GPP:

More Airports - has now been upgraded the one one including Rome airport. Also, looking at the patch, it mentions something about Dubai airport, so that too may be included.

Improved Timetable Management - Now included by request. And while before I never used timetables, I'll admit that this patch has made me think again.

Improved Production Change News - sulai's patch that helps filter out the mass of industry change news you get every month. Saves on whacking the spacebar a few hundred times to clear them, unless you've got them in ticker form
(Unrelated note - does anyone know how to make it like TTDP - eg spacebar clears the current scrolling ticker message too?)

Minimum distance between towns and industries - requested by 2007Alain2007. Allows you to set the minimum distance between town and town, industry and town, and industry and industry.

YAPF Vehicle Penalty - this patch is back, as it was determined not to be the cause of a suspected CTD.

32bpp Extra Zoom Levels - this patch is NOT yet included. This is because it's been discovered that even if you don't use it, you still must set the blitter to 32bpp-optimised, which appears to disable 8bpp animations. However, if you still wish to use it, it should still patch in normally, though a few minor fixes may be needed. If demand ensues, I'll put up a patch including it too.

Tracking Viewport - Removed, against my better judgement. Some changes in code (ones that I'm still trying to get my head around) have prevented this one from being included. Depending on what happens between now and next week, it too may follow YAPF Vehicle Penalty and make a return later.

As with the previous version, you still need a trafficlights.grf in your data folder. A zip containing them can be found in the first post, and on the Google Code pages.
Also like last time, this has received NO testing as yet. There may well be unexpected CTDs, so save regularly, or turn autosave on. If you recieve a CTD, or any kind of crash, please report it here.

And finally, a note from Isaac (read back a few posts if you've missed finding out who).
CargoDist is looking possible, with an unusually small number of issues, but it won't be out this week. Stay tuned though.

Edit: Last minute note. It seems savegame compatibility is broken with the older version of the patch. Sorry about that. Will be worked on.
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Gremnon's Patch Pack (GPP, r17680)

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

Just uploaded a new win32 build for you on the code site

That should be posted by Gremnon in his frist post
Last edited by 2007Alain2007 on 02 Oct 2009 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

Yep, top of the first post.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Here is GPP (win32) compiled without "norev000"

It is now named "r17680M-GPP"

Gremnon's Patch Pack

It would be nice if you would add it to your google code page, also :).
Last edited by petert on 24 Oct 2009 20:28, edited 2 times in total.
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

And it's uploaded, with credit noted too.
Thanks for that, I don't have access to a win32 box anymore, so I can't really check for problems on it.
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

Hi petert

Is this also added to the code site for this patch pack

also post the code changes you did

Return to “OpenTTD Development”