Online Save Game Storage

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

edi
Engineer
Engineer

Online Save Game Storage

Post by edi »

Hey,

I've just got Open TTD and am now again addicted (Thanks guys(!) ;)).

It struck me that one thing that I'd love to do would be able to play at home and at work, and for that all that would be needed would be some way to save and load the save game files to and from some form of online storage from the TTD interface.

You could simply save the file to the temp folder on the disk and then do an upload using FTP or HTTP - perhaps if you wanted to fund the space you could also connect up to your server and display an advert or two while this process was happening (otherwise it could get a bit costly to run the hosting for it all perhaps).

Anyway, just my 2 cents ;)
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Online Save Game Storage

Post by CommanderZ »

There already are online synchronization tools.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

i have a feeling this thread is in the wrong place.

anyway, i see no use for this system. if you want to transfer files from one place to the other, you should rather use more personal ways, like e-mail, usb stick, ssh file transfer, carrier pidgeons...

if you have a proper operating system, you can even make shared filesystems, that look like normal folders to the game, so each of your games could access it directly via the load/save savegame file browser
edi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by edi »

Actually, you're right, I did post in the wrong forum! :)

And yeah I guess I could do it with some kind of synch tool, just thought it might be a nice addition to the game!

Cheers,

Return to “Suggestions”