Project: cargodest

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

zooks
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Project: cargodest

Post by zooks »

So, don't panic, developers have a real life, too.
I always thought developer is some form of a computer. But my English is poor.
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

Is there anything we can do, except playtesting, reporting bugs, and extensively discussing the underlying models? :)
Kanibal
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kanibal »

I don't mean to be awkward but for those of us that don't exactly know what to do with pages like that.

http://www.openttd.org/en/download-cargodest
It's still only the 21st of September. Unless anyone would care to explain where I'm going wrong.
dbkblk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by dbkblk »

True that a recent build would be nice for testing (and with infrastructure sharing it would be even better !) ! That, of course, is just a suggestion : )
Thief^
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Thief^ »

Anyone know of a good windows mercurial gui client?
I'd merge the newest cargodest with the newest IS if I had one. My last merge was based off of the 21st September code download zip.
Melt with the Shadows,
Embrace your destiny...
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Well, I can't say about "good", but I found multiple Windows GUI clients the first place I looked. There's one the first place I thought to look, too, but I thought that I was being silly and that surely wouldn't exist.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Perhaps "good" is the operative word, and Thief^ already has several mediocre ones. Benefit of the doubt, and that...
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
Thief^
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Thief^ »

What do you guys use? Command-line mercurial?
Melt with the Shadows,
Embrace your destiny...
PhilSophus
Chairman
Chairman

Post by PhilSophus »

dbkblk wrote:True that a recent build would be nice for testing (and with infrastructure sharing it would be even better !) ! That, of course, is just a suggestion : )
I can not help with a build with IS, but one variant of my ITiM patch is based on cargodest and Tekky is so friendly to provide Windows binaries there. Version 2.20 was based on the cargodest version h44c3c84e2fb9 which was current on October, 29. Probably, I'll post a little bug fix release of ITiM in the next days.

(Please excuse the shameless advertising :twisted: )
"The bigger the island of our knowledge, the longer the shore of our ignorance" - John A. Wheeler, Physicist, 1911-2008
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

Thief^ wrote:What do you guys use? Command-line mercurial?
I've settled with TurtoiseHG, as I already used TurtoiseSVN before.
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dbkblk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by dbkblk »

PhilSophus wrote:
dbkblk wrote:True that a recent build would be nice for testing (and with infrastructure sharing it would be even better !) ! That, of course, is just a suggestion : )
I can not help with a build with IS, but one variant of my ITiM patch is based on cargodest and Tekky is so friendly to provide Windows binaries there. Version 2.20 was based on the cargodest version h44c3c84e2fb9 which was current on October, 29. Probably, I'll post a little bug fix release of ITiM in the next days.

(Please excuse the shameless advertising :twisted: )
In fact Cargodest + InfrSharing is the best i've ever played in multiplayer. It is so fun to have coop games with !
Thief^
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Thief^ »

It's a pity that if you create two seperate local passenger networks and then link them by a long-distance express the profits on your local trains TANK because suddenly nearly everyone wants to go long-distance instead of local, and you struggle for ages trying to move everyone that's now crowding your express line.
Melt with the Shadows,
Embrace your destiny...
PhilSophus
Chairman
Chairman

Post by PhilSophus »

Thief^ wrote:It's a pity that if you create two seperate local passenger networks and then link them by a long-distance express the profits on your local trains TANK because suddenly nearly everyone wants to go long-distance instead of local, and you struggle for ages trying to move everyone that's now crowding your express line.
Yeah, the airports certainly need graphics of people crowding on the movement area, as those 10,000+ passengers certainly don't fit into the terminal :twisted: It's really hard to get all those passengers away before 1980 when the first two-runway airport is introduced (and even more in times when you only have small aircrafts).
"The bigger the island of our knowledge, the longer the shore of our ignorance" - John A. Wheeler, Physicist, 1911-2008
dbkblk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by dbkblk »

With Aviator Aircraft + 2cc Trainset + German Roads Vehicles you can try to control that, this IS possible (but very hard ^^). Cargodest seriously need reduction of passengers ^^
PhilSophus
Chairman
Chairman

Post by PhilSophus »

dbkblk wrote:With Aviator Aircraft + 2cc Trainset + German Roads Vehicles you can try to control that, this IS possible (but very hard ^^).
I meant especially the flight segment. And, I do use AV8. But even with B747 (which is introduced sometimes in the 70s) it wasn't possible with all those trains and trams bringing people from all over the region to the airport. The networking works just too good with cargodest :D
dbkblk wrote:Cargodest seriously need reduction of passengers ^^
I made a patch for this (I should rather say ripped it off the old passenger destinations patch :wink:) which resulted in people complaining that now it was more mail than passengers :roll:
Thief^
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Thief^ »

Changing the destination chooser so that people massively prefer local journeys would be better, with only 1/100 or less wanting to go international.
Melt with the Shadows,
Embrace your destiny...
dbkblk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by dbkblk »

Thief^ wrote:Changing the destination chooser so that people massively prefer local journeys would be better, with only 1/100 or less wanting to go international.
...and if you add a route balance to this behavior, that could be perfect !
Last edited by dbkblk on 11 Nov 2008 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
Sacro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sacro »

Thief^ wrote:Anyone know of a good windows mercurial gui client?
I'd merge the newest cargodest with the newest IS if I had one. My last merge was based off of the 21st September code download zip.
Personally I'm loving a combination of TortoiseHG (for Explorer integration) and VisualHG (for Visual Studio integration)
We Am De Best

Host of ThroughTheTube site
Nagyzee
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Nagyzee »

dbkblk wrote:
Thief^ wrote:Changing the destination chooser so that people massively prefer local journeys would be better, with only 1/100 or less wanting to go international.
...and if you add a route balance to this behavior, that could be perfect !
Exactly. With these two modifications Cargodest would/will be perfect. At least in my opinion. :)
dbkblk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by dbkblk »

There is a new build of cargodest. Could someone patch it with infrastructure sharing pleaase ?? :)

Return to “OpenTTD Development”