S60v3 port

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

corinna3000
Engineer
Engineer

Re: S60v3 port

Post by corinna3000 »

Hello,
where do I have to copy the install files to?
At my N82 it does not work. After starting with a click on the icon, the screen turns grey and after 10 seconds returns back to the cellphone-menu.

I have copied the orignial TTD data from my computer to e:\openttd\data\
After this, I have copied the patches in the same directory.
Then I have installed the three files from http://team.pld-linux.org/~wolf/symbian/support/.
And lastely I have installed the newest version of openttd.sisx

Who could help me please?

Best Regards,
Cora
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

I don't know if I'm imagining things, but when I installed it I had better luck by installing the openttd.sisx before copying the original game files over.

*shrugs* Your mileage may vary.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
corinna3000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by corinna3000 »

No, it does not work this way, either.
I think the problem is, that I do not really know, what to do with the patch-Files...
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

The patch files only contain the changes I made to the sources to made them compile on symbian. Non-developers don't need them. Please show what do you have in the e:\openttd directory and it's subdirectories. Contents of e:\openttd.txt may help too.
corinna3000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by corinna3000 »

Ok. Attached is a screenshot of e:\openttd\data (I removed the *.patch files)
If I look in this directory with the y-browser directly on my N82 I see additionally e:\openttd\data\_PAIbTN with three subdirectories (170x128, 320x320 und 56x42), containing no files.

In the directory e:\openttd\lang are only files like afrikaans.lng or american.lng.
In the directory e:\opentrtd\save is only the empty subdirectory autosave .

e:\openttd.txt contains the following:
fatal error: Cannot open file 'sample.cat'
Attachments
openttd-verzeichnis.gif
openttd-verzeichnis.gif (13.11 KiB) Viewed 930 times
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

You have uploaded the DOS installer, this is wrong. Install the game on your PC and copy the following files from the installation directory to the phone:
trg1r.grf
trgcr.grf
trghr.grf
trgir.grf
trgtr.grf
sample.cat

The _PAIbTN directory may be created by the gallery application, you can ignore it.
corinna3000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by corinna3000 »

Thank you. But I do not have other files. These were the files I got after "installing" TTD from the original CDRom to my Windows XP Computer. Unfortunately the game does not start on this computer, where can I get the right files?
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

You can just go to the http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3407 and download the "TTD original graphics. If you messed around with EXE files and can't undo graphics changes. Also includes the sample.cat file, for if you want to install OTTD." file, which contains all the required data.
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

New build uploaded.

Changes:
- Updated to revision 12322.
- 5 key moves mouse pointer to the centre of the screen. This is useful if mouse gets off screen and cannot be found.
- 7 and 9 keys changed from right mouse button to enabling arrow keys. Map can be now scrolled even if mouse is over some window. Right soft key remains with old behavior.
- Enabled 32 bit PNG graphics support. Only tar files are supported.
- Freetype (TTF) support is enabled. If you want to use it, you must put font file name (not font's name) in the openttd.cfg and the font file should be in e:\openttd\ directory.
- Enabled music support using timidity. Music files (*.gm) should be placed in e:\openttd\gm\ directory and timidity.cfg configuration file should be placed in e:\openttd\ directory. Sound patches should be placed in directory specified in timidity.cfg.

All these new features require memory and processing power, so don't be surprised if the game crashes when you have enabled them all.

I have also experimented with network support and I've had some results, but it's too unstable to be enabled. Anyway, some screenshots:
http://team.pld-linux.org/~wolf/symbian ... d/net1.jpg
http://team.pld-linux.org/~wolf/symbian ... d/net2.jpg
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Oooh, the button to centre the mouse on the screen should be a lifesaver, I've lost the mouse before fumbling around trying to hit buttons I can't see numerous times XD.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Zimeon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zimeon »

Would it be possible to get a updated sis file with all the patches included?
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

Which patches?
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

New build is up.

Changes:
- Updated to revision 12338 (0.6.0 beta 5).
- Fix (huge) memory leaks on song change in libtimidity music driver.
- Simulation is now paused when OpenTTD is in background.
ellobo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ellobo »

Great work. Your port works very nicely on my Nokia E70. Im looking forward to see the networking working. ;)
I'm not looking as melancholic as my avatar.
Croog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Croog »

Wow, this is amazing! It works great on my E70 too. It consumes whole RAM, so I recommend everyone to restart the phone before launch openttd (except new S60 devices with 128MB RAM, of course). Later, I will upload some nice photo. ;)

It would be great, if we can configure control keys at openttd.cfg. E70 has QWERTY keyboard, but I can use only predefined number keys. So write texts at openttd isn't possible.

Now, I just wish there is something like symbian driver for bluetooth mouse.. :-/

Many thanks for this!! :bow: :)
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

Croog wrote:It would be great, if we can configure control keys at openttd.cfg. E70 has QWERTY keyboard, but I can use only predefined number keys.
Defining controls would be nice, I would prefer in-game GUI however. There's also an issue with portrait/landscape orientations where we should allow different keybindings for each.
So write texts at openttd isn't possible.
On screen keyboard has been commited to svn some time ago, so when I release new build it will be possible to enter text. Not using the phone's keyboard though.
Croog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Croog »

Some photos of openttd on Nokia E70. :)

Big screen of ... phone! :lol:

alda
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alda »

hallo,

I have two questions :

1:
I have nokia 6120, but ottd isn't running in full screen ( I can't see right side of the main menu ).
Is any version of this game with 240*320 resolution ?

2:
all patches and changes are implemented in sis file or is necessary somehow implement it ?

thx

Alda
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

alda wrote:I have nokia 6120, but ottd isn't running in full screen ( I can't see right side of the main menu ).
Is any version of this game with 240*320 resolution ?
An effort is being made to support such small resolutions, but nothing is available yet. For the time being you can move the mouse cursor off the screen and press the non visible buttons.
all patches and changes are implemented in sis file or is necessary somehow implement it ?
sisx file is the binary installation package for the phone. All the patches that I publish are only needed when one wants to build the sisx file by himself.
Croog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Croog »

Could you please compile it with newest stable version? 8) I am not able to load saved games from computer now. Thanks. :)

Return to “OpenTTD Development”