New feature: adjacent stations

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Maedhros
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

New feature: adjacent stations

Post by Maedhros »

Well, I think this is probably significant enough to get it's own thread, so here goes...

From tonight's nightly you'll be able to build stations directly next to other stations by holding down the control key. This feature is based on a patch by Wolf01. You can extend stations regardless of what's next to them as long as you're partially building on top of the existing one, so it knows which station to extend. Holding down control will always try to build a new station, so you can't use it to build on top of existing station types.

There's no GUI at the moment, although it might be nice in the future to have one so that you can choose which station to extend, or extend stations that the one you're building doesn't actually touch. Patches are welcomed. :wink:

Have fun, and if you have any comment, requests, or suggestions, please let me know. :)
No-one's more important than the earthworm.
Red.xiii
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Red.xiii »

That makes me happy :D

so does this line....

Code: Select all

r9897 | rubidium | 2007-05-21 23:58:31 +0200 (Mon, 21 May 2007) | 2 lines

-Codechange: prepare the toolbar for more road types.
:shock:
Dave

Re: New feature: adjacent stations

Post by Dave »

Maedhros wrote:There's no GUI at the moment, although it might be nice in the future to have one so that you can choose which station to extend, or extend stations that the one you're building doesn't actually touch. Patches are welcomed. :wink:
Can't you ask JGR about these? There's an excellent GUI upon ctrl+placing a station in the Patch's nightlies.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
sc79
Director
Director

Post by sc79 »

Awesome to see more of the MiniIN patches making their way to the trunk, good job! :)
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Wow! Thats neat! I was waiting for this feature for a long time. :D
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

i can't stop to thank you maedhros ;)

Return to “General OpenTTD”