[OTTD] Patter's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
patter
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] Patter's Screenshots

Post by patter »

Every time I read Raichaise's screenshots, I get inspired to rebuild & try new things *shakes fist* :P So here we have a couple of shots from a new UKRS layout.

Key differences this time:
  • started in 1950 because I've had enough of my computer sounding steam-powered
    level junctions, not the manic TTD wiki style with bridges, flyovers, etc
The first screenshot is the core of my freight network, a power station served by 5 or 6 trains. 1 from the West, 1 from the South East & 4 from the North. There's also an ore train & steel train that cross this loop from West to North so there's a few extra tracks laid in to keep things moving.

There's a mix of 0-8-0 steamers hauling 13 car (5 squares) trains and Metrovick AM2 electrics with the same wagons

This 2nd shot shows one of the 2 passenger/mail expresses. Again, hauled by an AM2 but with 3 passenger cars & a mail van. This one isn't particularly interesting, I just like the station design.

Its running very well, profits around 25K a quarter and its only been going 8 years.
Dave

Post by Dave »

SHINNNNNNNNEEHHHHHHH!

VERY nice stuff. I love the re-creation of the MGR power station unload point.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
patter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by patter »

MGR? that kind of evolved as I kept throwing more trains at it, though the loop was in the original design.

I put the wrong locos down above too ... the freight electrics are BR EM1s

anyway, now onto 1965

The last few years have seen a significatn building project from Malton Southern Rail and the completion of their central route to the new interchange at Hanway where it meets an extension of the southern mainline.

The station's too big for now but another regional mainline towards the NE of the map is going to link in on the eastern side, so I've left pace to cope with that. 5 trains use the station now, but they're well spaced out.

A reversing loop was added at Drindinghall station on the southern line (the central line splits off to the east of here) so that the central trains don't need to reach Malton to reverse, keeping things running smoothly.

Malton station gained a new platform too though with the Drindinghall loop this probably won't be needed.

This year also saw the retirement of the 4 steamers that got the whole company started, and their replacement with Metrovick EM2s.

hmmm, maybe I should post a map

*waves an overhead line at the spam filter*
daroy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by daroy »

I like the shots. Most of the time when i start a game i don't know were to begin building :roll:

This looks like a nice start, not too big at all :)
patter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by patter »

daroy wrote:I like the shots. Most of the time when i start a game i don't know were to begin building :roll:
I tend to start by looking for a few coal mines near a power station (or in the same general direction) but also not too close to the power station - more distance=more money

Freight layout & coal mine build order

For passenger lines, I try to put a mainline in along one of the map edges then work inwards from there where towns cluster.
Passenger layout
patter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by patter »

I got bored and started a new game :)

A couple of shots showing Redcar junction. Redcar East (yes TTD gave me the right station name at random, I only renamed the town) is the current terminus for what will become the East Coast Mainline and also has a couple of agricultural loading platforms. As the passenger express (hauled by one of the Peppercorn Pacifics) runs at twice the speed of the agricultural trains (that run to a nearby factory, shown in the second shot) so the area was quickly expanded to 4 tracks (2 in each direction) to keep fast and slow trains apart.

GRFs used:
UKRS & UKRS additional
CSRailset
HOVS Buses

patter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by patter »

The last decade or so has seen a lot of work on the network, starting with elctrification of all the freight/goods track, followed by most of the coal & ore train locomotives being replaced with EM1 or EF1 locos.

The East Coast Main Line has been expanded to 4 tracks along most of its length with the outer tracks electrified for slow freight services.

The Bishop Auckland branch line which had a neglected AEC DMU (2 railcars with a passenger coach between) has expanded well enough in the last 20 years for that little unit to be replaced with a Merchant Navy express engine, 5 cars & 2 mailvans, what a surprise to regular travellers.

With the success of this loco, the A4 Pacfific Sreamliners of the ECMLwere replaced with Merchant Navys hauling a larger consist.

Here we see one of the new "speed through brute force" expresses passing a selection of freight traffic on the approach to Redcar East

patter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by patter »

From a new game using the combined Mini Nightly, one of my trains passing a friendly airship ... they don't work out as well as they look on paper.

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Wow, that last screenshot is pretty damn nice. The airship with the train running under it, the light snow... Thats classic.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
patter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by patter »

Cheers Raichaise, great to hear from the TTD Master :)

After some rebuilding inspiration I've gone back to my old North-East UK themed game & rebuilt Redcar junction so it doesn't keep jamming up as freight trains cross the express passenger lines.

Redcar station & Inner Junction

Modified Redcar outer junction

Darlington (my home :P) finally got a separate goods line running under the town to a dedicated platform ... think I might waste some money on better looking bridges though

Inepril City, rebuilt yet again. Its the terminus for 3 routes, 2 from the north & 1 from the south. The north side would periodically jam up & send northbound trains out on the southern side :( so I rebuilt it to keep northbound & southbound trains apart then rebuilt the buildings as it had 5 different-looking rebuild periods.

Manchester Victoria. Half-way down the west of the country currently accepts terminating services from the east but has been built in preparation for through services on the western mainline

Its 1975 and my entire express fleet is still steam-hauled. Some of the Diesel & Electric locos are more powerful than the merchant navys but they're slower.
patter
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] Patter's Screenshots

Post by patter »

This is the overall passenger services route map.
The services are all Class 91 Express trains apart from some DMUs & EMUs on local routes.

The remaining grey tracks handle freight & cargo trains.
patter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by patter »

New station experiment - combined Ro-Ro & terminus. Leeds from a UK scenario with mostly real routes, so there's TPX going through (Manchester to Hull & Newcastle) plus terminating trains from London

and here's a strange one from my the previous game - Maglev with semaphore signals
patter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by patter »

Its been a while but I've got a few more. I've been playing for the last few weeks with UKRS on the very excellent [url][http://wiki.openttd.org/index.php/Scena ... _World/url] UK scenario.

The London terminus, 3 northern platforms to the ECML, plus towns South & East of London. 3 southern platforms to the WCML, West & South West plus most of the South coast, though some trains cross over on exit too

Liverpool - through & terminating services plus outside platforms for Chester & Wales

Return to “Screenshots”