Connex Melbourne EMU's

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

pantagram wrote:I'd run it alongside the NSW set
I'm willing to discuss the possibility with you can your coder.
Btw, also, this art might be useful to you. It's by Siema. He's hard to find these days, though, so good luck getting permission to use it.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Simo wrote:This is a bit of a newbie thing to be saying, but I can't seem to get the horizontal and vertical views looking in scale compared to the diagonal views on the Tait cars.
The scale of train vehicles TTD is actually wrong; the diagonal views are about 20% shorter than they should be.

I have the standard sprite sizes here. These are for full-size sprites, with no gaps between vehicles.
Comeng 523M
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Comeng 523M »

WhiteHand wrote:
pantagram wrote:I'd run it alongside the NSW set
I'm willing to discuss the possibility with you can your coder.
Btw, also, this art might be useful to you. It's by Siema. He's hard to find these days, though, so good luck getting permission to use it.
Nice, but for now, I'll just keep it Melbourne Suburban. (The N-Class is only used for country runs, like N460 - who was involved in the recent accident near Kerang)
mjja
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mjja »

Forget the sprites - I want to know about the operational characteristics!

Do they accelerate at 1.8m/s/s? Do they run at up to 115km/h? Do they carry 100 people seated and a crush load of about 160? Do they load and unload at suburban speeds (about 25 per tick I think would be right)? (I'm talking Comengs here)

Probably more important than EMUs are the buses. What can you do with a Foster carrying 40 people? Buses today are cleared for 70 including standees, and there are tri-axle and articulated buses that carry even more. Anyone who does some realistic suburban passenger vehicles will earn my heartfelt gratitude. :D
Happy Gunzelling and remember, "Go By Rail!"
Michael Angelico
Comeng 523M
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Comeng 523M »

mjja wrote:Anyone who does some realistic suburban passenger vehicles will earn my heartfelt gratitude. Very Happy
Will it get my access to Railpage back?

Thanks for the stats by the way, I'll do my best to make sure they are implemented.

If you would really like to see these turn out great, would you mind sharing with me the stats of the other trains? (Tait, Harris, Refurbished Harris, Hitachi, Comeng, Alstom Comeng (same as Comeng i think), Siemens, X'Trap)

I'll put in some future train as well. Got any ideas?
Comeng 523M
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Comeng 523M »

Sorry for the double post,

Here are the sprites for the Hitachi sets.

Max Speed: 112kmh / 70mph
Capacity: 86 Passengers
Power: 600hp
Weight: about 45t
In Service: 1972 - Disputed (mostly retired in 2004, but 6 are still going)
Attachments
Hitachi EMU
Hitachi EMU
hitachi.png (30.86 KiB) Viewed 2848 times
Last edited by Comeng 523M on 17 Jun 2007 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
Comeng 523M
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Comeng 523M »

Next up, Comengs

Max Speed: 115kmh
Capacity: 94 Passengers
Power: 600hp
Weight: 50t
In Service: 1981-2003 (Original) 2002-2015(?) (Refurbished)
Attachments
comeng.png
comeng.png (32.96 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

You can attach up to three files per post :))
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Comeng 523M
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Comeng 523M »

Ok, thanks for that. :D
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

I think some pixels are veeery bright.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

You're not showing enough of the roof in the _ views, remember you are looking from above not from ground level, also, you need some | views ;)

It looks to be a good start but the windows need to be more than just black, another thing, are you using the TT palette since those colours look brighter than those that are in the TT Palette.
Comeng 523M
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Comeng 523M »

Here are some random pics of the trains the above sprites are based on. I found on the net. Just so you know what I'm drawing. So yes, they are Green and Gold - Just like in real life!
Attachments
Hitachi (aka Silvers)
Hitachi (aka Silvers)
hitachi.jpg (3.4 KiB) Viewed 2751 times
Original Comeng
Original Comeng
comeng.jpg (3.06 KiB) Viewed 2751 times
Alstom Comeng
Alstom Comeng
alstom.jpg (2.5 KiB) Viewed 2757 times
Comeng 523M
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Comeng 523M »

Ameecher wrote:You're not showing enough of the roof in the _ views, remember you are looking from above not from ground level, also, you need some | views ;)

It looks to be a good start but the windows need to be more than just black, another thing, are you using the TT palette since those colours look brighter than those that are in the TT Palette.
What colors make up the TT palette? I've just been using the default one in Fireworks
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... phicsSpecs has much UI, including information on the palette.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
mjja
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mjja »

pantagram wrote:
mjja wrote:Anyone who does some realistic suburban passenger vehicles will earn my heartfelt gratitude. Very Happy
Will it get my access to Railpage back?
Now now, that would be bribery and corruption, wouldn't it? :wink:
pantagram wrote:Thanks for the stats by the way, I'll do my best to make sure they are implemented.

If you would really like to see these turn out great, would you mind sharing with me the stats of the other trains? (Tait, Harris, Refurbished Harris, Hitachi, Comeng, Alstom Comeng (same as Comeng i think), Siemens, X'Trap)

I'll put in some future train as well. Got any ideas?
Swing-door and Tait had the same electrical characteristics because they had identical electrics: 4x140hp motors for a total of 560hp per M car. Maximum speed 40mph (65km/h). 96 seats in M cars, 80 in T cars (they were shorter). Add in standees - probably not many in Swing-doors but quite a few in Taits. Sets were arranged M-T-T-M off-peak, M-T-T-M-BT-T-M in peak time, M-D or just M for lightly patronised lines. Loading incredibly quick because there were lots of doors and they weren't power-closed while the train was in motion.

Harris: 4x150hp motors for a total of 600hp per M car. Max speed 60mph (100km/h). 58 seats per M car, 80 per T car (plus standees). Arranged M-T-T-M, with BT-T-M added for peak time.

Refurb Harris: same power, 65 seats per M car, 80 per T car (plus standees). Arranged M-T-T-M only.

Hitachi: 4x170hp motors, 115km/h top speed, 88 seats, crush load 180 per M car. 96 seats, crush load 200 per T car. Arranged M-T-T-M and M-D (which could be combined for peak time), later M-T-M (which could be doubled for peak time).

Unrefurbished Comeng: not sure about the hp but 0.85m/s/s acceleration, 115km/h top speed, 94 seats per M car, 102 seats per T car. Arranged M-T-M (which could be doubled for peak time). Crush load 1000 people per six-car set.

Four D: 4x230hp motors, 130km/h top speed, acceleration 0.75m/s/s, seating capacity of four-car set (T-M-M-T) 996 pax crush load, weight 51t for M car, 43t for T car. Could be coupled to a 3-car Comeng set for peak time.

Refurb Comeng: basically the same as original.

Xtrap: acceleration 1.2m/s/s, max speed 140km/h (Melbourne's ones are detuned to 130km/h to avoid overloading the substations), normal standing load 794 pax for six-car set M-T-M-M-T-M (compared to 729 in Comeng - so that must be normal standing load, which means crush load must be about 1100 or so).

Siemens: 4x250hp motors, 130km/h top speed, seating capacity of three-car set (M-T-M) 696 inc standees; weight 188.9t for three-car set. Could be doubled for peak time.

Hope that helps!
Michael Angelico
Comeng 523M
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Comeng 523M »

mjja wrote:Now now, that would be bribery and corruption, wouldn't it? Wink
Of course it would be. :wink:
I could of course write in the license agreement something on the lines of banning all current members of Railpage from using it. :twisted:
mjja wrote:Swing-door and Tait had the same electrical characteristics because they had identical electrics: 4x140hp motors for a total of 560hp per M car. Maximum speed 40mph (65km/h). 96 seats in M cars, 80 in T cars (they were shorter). Add in standees - probably not many in Swing-doors but quite a few in Taits. Sets were arranged M-T-T-M off-peak, M-T-T-M-BT-T-M in peak time, M-D or just M for lightly patronised lines. Loading incredibly quick because there were lots of doors and they weren't power-closed while the train was in motion.
I can build T cars and M cars (forget D's, just substitute in an M) to increase realism. I won't add in standee's. (None of the other sets do). The configurations: I can provide the cars, you can sort out how they set up. I'm not too sure what you're asking can be coded. Loading times I don't believe are a factor in TTD Patch.
mjja wrote:Four D: 4x230hp motors, 130km/h top speed, acceleration 0.75m/s/s, seating capacity of four-car set (T-M-M-T) 996 pax crush load, weight 51t for M car, 43t for T car. Could be coupled to a 3-car Comeng set for peak time.
Forget the 4D, I've never even seen one! They are an embarrassment to The Met :evil:
mjja wrote:Hope that helps!
It does, the only other thing I can ask for is the weights. (per car)
mjja
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mjja »

I think you need to include standees. Think about it, if you've got 1500 passengers at a station and you're trying to increase train frequency to provide a good service, you aren't going to be telling your passengers "You can't get on that train, it's full!"

Weights... unfortunately my database is somewhat lacking, the only one I have apart from the Siemens train which I put above is the Swing Door M car at 50t.

Let's see what a quick google will turn up...

Ah, it's all on Vicsig, apart from the preserved trains.
http://www.vicsig.net/index.php?page=su ... pe=Siemens
http://www.vicsig.net/index.php?page=su ... X'Trapolis
http://www.vicsig.net/index.php?page=su ... ype=Comeng (includes both refurbished layouts)
http://www.vicsig.net/index.php?page=su ... pe=Hitachi
Michael Angelico
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

pantagram wrote:
mjja wrote:Four D: 4x230hp motors, 130km/h top speed, acceleration 0.75m/s/s, seating capacity of four-car set (T-M-M-T) 996 pax crush load, weight 51t for M car, 43t for T car. Could be coupled to a 3-car Comeng set for peak time.
Forget the 4D, I've never even seen one! They are an embarrassment to The Met :evil:
Hate the 4D or not, they are a very distinctive piece of history for the Victorian Railways, and I'd strongly suggest including it for completeness.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Comeng 523M
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Comeng 523M »

Thanks Mjja, At this rate I'll have to add you to the contribution list. :D
Raichase wrote:Hate the 4D or not, they are a very distinctive piece of history for the Victorian Railways, and I'd strongly suggest including it for completeness.
Yes Master Raichase... :lol:
dev|ant
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by dev|ant »

Looking good pantagram! But those sprites aren't ready to be coded as they are. Have you had a look at Purno's drawing tutorials? They have everything you need to know, including palette, sprite sizes, viewing angles, window techniques, etc.

mjja that info is great! :shock:

Return to “Graphics Development”