OpenTTD 0.5.1-RC3

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

OpenTTD 0.5.1-RC3

Post by Rubidium »

This is hopefully the last RC for 0.5.1. I really do hope so. Furthermore it took way too long before we could release RC3, but that was due to time constraints in real life (yes we do have one). Anyway, the most important fixes are for nasty bugs introduced in RC2.

As the installation of the Microsft Unicode layer for Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows ME proved to be difficult, there is now a special win9x build for those platforms. Users of Windows 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista should use the win32 binary.

Downloads over at http://www.openttd.org/downloads.php Please be patient while SF distributes the files and we compile more binaries.

Link to RC1 forum post: OpenTTD 0.5.1-RC1
Link to RC2 forum post: OpenTTD 0.5.1-RC2

Translations
Due to the fact that some changes required changes of the strings, quite a few languages have missing strings in 0.5.1-RC3. We ask the translators to fix them as soon as possible via our WebTranslator.
The languages that have missing strings are: Galician, Icelandic, Lithuanian and Norwegian Bokmal.

Changes since RC2:
  • Feature: Add list_patches to console commands; shows all patches and values (r9565)
  • Fix: Select "Custom" in the difficulty settings gui when changing a setting [FS#733] (r9647)
  • Fix: Building rail on steep slopes ignored build_on_slopes patch setting (r9602)
  • Fix: Wrong characters in Finnish town names (r9641)
  • Fix: When checking for no vehicle on ground-tiles, do not take into account vehicles that are in the air (r9542)
  • Fix: Bankrupt AIs no longer buy over themselves (also added safeguards to prevent in future) (r9540 / r9541)
  • Fix: When company is removed, sell all shares of the and in the company (r9533)
  • Fix: Crash when 2 or more clients joined at roughly the same time (r9529)
  • Fix: Custom currency was overwritten and fix euro introduction (r9467, r9469)
  • Fix: Values of diff_custom and snow_line in .cfg were not checked properly (r9455)
Bugs that were introduced after 0.5.0:
  • Fix: When deleting a vehicle which has shared orders with one more vehicle and no orders, segfaulted (r9429)
Marc-Andre
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Marc-Andre »

but that was due to time constraints in real life (yes we do have one)
I know what you mean, but be sure that the community (me and other user of OTTD) really appreciate your efforts, a big thank to all the dev's and gfx coders out there!

And now i gonna play in RC3 :D

I just tried it out a little bit, but i'm sad that the drive through stations are not available yet...
pecet
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pecet »

Marc-Andre wrote:
I just tried it out a little bit, but i'm sad that the drive through stations are not available yet...
I think DTS will be available in 0.6.0 version. I recommend your playing nightlies or self compiled version from SVN, i'm playing now SVN version a while and it's stable enough, if you want to see new features. I'm using only stable for multiplayer now :].
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenTTD 0.5.1-RC3

Post by Born Acorn »

Rubidium wrote:but that was due to time constraints in real life (yes we do have one).
Only one between you? Is it a time share? :p
Marc-Andre
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Marc-Andre »

pecet wrote:
Marc-Andre wrote:
I think DTS will be available in 0.6.0 version. I recommend your playing nightlies or self compiled version from SVN, i'm playing now SVN version a while and it's stable enough, if you want to see new features. I'm using only stable for multiplayer now :].
I think i gonna do that as well, in this way i can try as well the trams XD.

Is it just me or is it possible that the transparency in the Nightlies doesn't work like it should be?
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Promising bug fixes. :)

Well done! :D

Now I need to update 3 machines... :P
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

Updated my 2 servers on my linuxbox with the sourcecode, and my workstation. I did notices that the win64 version wasn't compiled yet, so I used the win32 version :)
Guess what! I got a fever! And the only prescription...... is MORE COWBELL!
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

I found a problem.

One of my servers is set to 150k GBP, so in the line with options it looks sorta like this:

[gameopt]
diff_custom = 2,2,1,3,150,2,0,2,0,1,2,0,1,0,0,0,0,0

This has always worked no problem, users get 150k in Brittish pounds or 300k in $USD if they prefer (or whatever other currency).

As of today though, when I start a server and join up with a new company, it gives me GBP 300 as a loan, (which would be $600k) instead of the configured 150.

When I then look into openttd.cfg - with the server still running - it shows correctly:

[gameopt]
diff_custom = 2,2,1,3,150,2,0,2,0,1,2,0,1,0,0,0,0,0

When I then "exit" the server, and look at openttd.cfg, the line has changed to:

[gameopt]
diff_custom = 2,2,1,3,300,2,0,2,0,1,2,0,1,0,0,0,0,0

In a nutshell:

1) I start with 150k defined.
2) I get 300k when starting a new company.
3) 150k is still set in openttd when server is running.
4) Openttd.cfg is updated to 300k when I "exit" the server.

What am I missing? Am I missing an obvious new setting that I as the humble user not know about yet, or is something wrong? :)
chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by chrissicom »

Thanks a lot for the fixes guys!
Fix: When deleting a vehicle which has shared orders with one more vehicle and no orders, segfaulted (r9429)
Especially this fix will help me continue 2 or 3 older savegames :)

Keep up the awesome work! Updating my servers already :-)

Edit: I don't see the above issue on any of my 9 public servers. I get exactly the amount of load that's set in the config.
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

maartena wrote:What am I missing? Am I missing an obvious new setting that I as the humble user not know about yet, or is something wrong? :)
The fact that diff_level isn't 3, i.e. custom, but something else so it 'reverts' to the settings of the given diff_level.
Celestar
Director
Director

Re: OpenTTD 0.5.1-RC3

Post by Celestar »

Born Acorn wrote:
Rubidium wrote:but that was due to time constraints in real life (yes we do have one).
Only one between you? Is it a time share? :p
Muhaha Good one :D But yes, we're passing it around in turns. Currently I have it :P

Celestar
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

Rubidium wrote:
maartena wrote:What am I missing? Am I missing an obvious new setting that I as the humble user not know about yet, or is something wrong? :)
The fact that diff_level isn't 3, i.e. custom, but something else so it 'reverts' to the settings of the given diff_level.
But why would RC3 change that? All I did was compile a new server, copy openttd.cfg from one dir to the other, start the server. I did not even edit it.....
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

maartena wrote:
Rubidium wrote:...The fact that diff_level isn't 3, i.e. custom, but something else so it 'reverts' to the settings of the given diff_level.
But why would RC3 change that? All I did was compile a new server, copy openttd.cfg from one dir to the other, start the server. I did not even edit it.....
Because before RC3 the values of diff_custom were not checked at all, they were just taken as-is causing strange things to happen. Now it actually checks them and makes them consistent when they are not consistent.
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

Rubidium wrote:
maartena wrote:
Rubidium wrote:...The fact that diff_level isn't 3, i.e. custom, but something else so it 'reverts' to the settings of the given diff_level.
Because before RC3 the values of diff_custom were not checked at all, they were just taken as-is causing strange things to happen. Now it actually checks them and makes them consistent when they are not consistent.
Aha :)

That should be in the changelog. ;)
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

maartena wrote:That should be in the changelog. ;)
It actually is:
changelog.txt and the first post wrote:Fix: Values of diff_custom and snow_line in .cfg were not checked properly (r9455)
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

Rubidium wrote:
maartena wrote:That should be in the changelog. ;)
It actually is:
changelog.txt and the first post wrote:Fix: Values of diff_custom and snow_line in .cfg were not checked properly (r9455)
:shock:

I'm an idiot! :oops:
Ch'marr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ch'marr »

Marc-Andre wrote:I think i gonna do that as well, in this way i can try as well the trams XD.
Okay, trams got me intrigued so I checked out the latest SVN, and I couldn't get any sign of trams to show up. Did you?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Did you load a GRF with trams?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I wasn't even aware tram support was in the nightlies.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Hmm.... There's that too. Did you apply the trams patch before compiling?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “General OpenTTD”