Diagonal demolish / level land patch

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

It was not you, belugas. I understand your position is different now. But unless I'm mistaken, the someone elses' positions have not changed.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

So .. to sum it up. If I want a feature in the trunk I have to become a OTTD Developer?!?! That's nice.
Why the devs put patches that only they like? If there is a demand for a patch it should go to the trunk. If the devs don't like the code - fix it. You are probably the best of all people who can do that. You know the code and you are aware of problems that might arise with a new patch. Don't just turn your back because patch makes will eventually get tired of making and maintaining patches.
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
boekabart
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by boekabart »

It's a big project, lots of interests and the devs have a responsibility to keep the codebase kind-of stable and neat.
See it as 'the people' and 'the government'.

If you want something in, make it, publish it, then start the political game of 'selling' your patch to the public and 'the government'.

If it wouldn't be working like this, the game would have been a mess and a dead project by now.
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Locked on request of topic maker: gone offtopic (and that most likely wins the award for biggest understatement)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”