Serbian rail set - Open TTD feedback

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

nilsi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

nfo code

Post by nilsi »

Nice to see this :)
What rights do you claim on the nfo code?
I consider writing a rudimentary grf compiler and this project has a nice
bunch of real world pseudosprites. (full nfo is beyond my grasp ..)
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Obviously, your definition of "grf compiler" and mine differ vastly. My definition is "program that takes as input sprites and something that is not NFO, but can be translated to NFO, translates the not-NFO to NFO, and uses that and the sprites to generate a GRF file". Writing a program like this requires the ability to read and write NFO fluently, as well as a full understanding of where and how new things are likely to be added.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

And if someone writes such program, that will be great thing. Szappy wrote GRF Maker, but you can't use it if you don't have basic knowings of NFO code.
And this patch for OTTD is not connected with NFO; it's change in part of OTTD code IIRC.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
nilsi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by nilsi »

I do not get your problems, sorry.
The goal is such a thing: translating something like
IF isTTDPatch THEN error "sorry, not supported"
to nfo.
(action 7 or 9 and action 0D here IIRC)
I have written some nfo (e.g usset railcrossing) myself, have no problems with hex and am preparing for a compiler construction exam.

But I lost track with the many nfo enhancements in the past and i do not like nfo coding the way it is. I do not yet understand GRM.

Maybe I should have said there are maybe 10 people in the world understanding full nfo (including all cornercases) and I am not one of them.

I asked about the new narrow gauge grf, clearly linked with the patch.
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: nfo code

Post by mart3p »

nilsi wrote:Nice to see this :)
What rights do you claim on the nfo code?
I consider writing a rudimentary grf compiler and this project has a nice
bunch of real world pseudosprites. (full nfo is beyond my grasp ..)
nilsi: I assumed you were asking about the nfo code of the Serbian Rail set. Maybe you should have posted in the Narrow Gauge rails thread. ;)

Personally, I claim no rights to any nfo code in ngrailsw.grf. The original code was written by cornelius so perhaps you should also check with him.

Good luck with the compiler. :)

Back on topic, a screenshot from my Serbian set game:
Attachments
Miercurea Ciuc Transport, 5th Jan 1971.png
Miercurea Ciuc Transport, 5th Jan 1971.png (101.03 KiB) Viewed 3226 times
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

And if you want to look in code (and eventually do something), first tell which part of code you want to look, because there are several coders of set.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.

mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

I have posted a new win 32 exe in my latest post here.

The exe is based on the trunk code with patches added to (hopefully ;) ) give almost full support for both the Serbian Standard Gauge and Narrow Gauge sets in OpenTTD. The one thing still missing is support for callback 18; purchase selection of vehicles for the AI.
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Great work, mart3p! :bow:
Now, Serbian set is playable in network game. :D
I expect people's experiences from network games, is it working OK.
Hope in future set will be playable wih singleplayer and AI too. :)

Return to “Graphics Development”