The Design Document

Discuss a Transport Tycoon-like game being programmed by forum users.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

The Design Document

Post by Hyronymus »

In an effort to kill this dragon I suggest we stop debating stuff and start accepting stuff. For almost 4 months there has been a new proposal for the DD structure. You can read it here:

http://www.transportempire.com/wiki/ind ... n_Document

I suggest we accept this new structure and start filling in the blanks as soon as possible. When filling in the blanks we will look at what has been written and discussed sofar. Because there are quite some versions of the DD around it may result in a less-deomocratic way of writing the DD namely just by 1 person (any volunteers). If we start the whole discussion again we never get TE off the ground.

No objections to the proposed DD structure within the next 24 hours means it's accepted.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

In reply of those two things;

DD wrote:Vehicles

1. Rail Vehicles
2. Road Vehicles
3. Water Vehicles
4. Air Vehicles
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=25673

We still have to decide wether Rail, Road, Water and Air vehicles are the only vehicles ingame. Tho, AFAICT, this does not influence the structure of the DD. Additional vehicle groups can be added later, I suppose.

I'm mainly posting this as I don't want to hear later I should've mentioned it before ;)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
PJayTycy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by PJayTycy »

(checking in again because of a mail to tt-announce)

The structure looks OK, but:
=> core
---> The bypasses section, shouldn't this be a (short) sub-section of "tracks" ?

=> gui
This list gives me the impression there will only be 2 types of windows in the game:
--> information windows (ie: stats about trains, tracks, industries, companies, ...)
--> route construction windows
I didn't follow all the discussion recently, so I don't know what you all agreed on, but what about other actions you can do in the game ?

=> network
Don't try to pinpoint the exact "messages to client" and "messages to core" yet. A general idea of which categories of messages there will be and a standardized format for them, is a good thing to include though.
On holiday from 16/07 till 31/07
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

It should indeed be straightforward to add new classes later but mentioning it won't harm.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

OK, then hereby we choose the structure as put on the Wiki as standard.

EDIT: the Design Document has been submitted to the SVN server.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

To be entirely clear:

The Design Document is in a decidated branch of the SVN server:
  • svn://zernebok.com/branches/designdocument
I'll ask for a websvn application so people can more easily navigate the SVN server.

Return to “General Transport Empire Discussion”