Autorenew not working...

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

MGSteve
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Autorenew not working...

Post by MGSteve »

Hi, I've got all the options enabled for autorenew, so vehicles should get renewed 12 months before they're due to become 'old', however it doesn't seem to work.

I've got the vehicles going to be serviced at a depot and they do get replaced if I use the vehicle replace option.

But they never seem to autorenew!

I've only really been playing multiplayer games recently, so I don't know if its a bug that only exists in multiplayer games as opposed to playing against the AI.

Just wondering if there is a known problem with it? (0.48 RC2 btw).

//Sorry, just realised I posted it in the wrong area, can one of the mods move it to OpenTTD Problems please :o ta.
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

to investigate this, I need a savegame and openttd.cfg

A possible reason why it could fail is if the engine type in question is outdated and no longer available for building, then it will fail to build new ones :wink:
Autoreplace to a new engine type if that is the case

another reason could be that you enabled autorenew in the global settings, but not in the game, so when you loaded the game, it got overwritten with saved settings in the savegame. You need to change the settings when inside the game if this is the issue. It's a known issue and hopefully it will be easier to tell when game settings can overrule global settings.
MGSteve
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MGSteve »

Bjarni wrote:to investigate this, I need a savegame and openttd.cfg

A possible reason why it could fail is if the engine type in question is outdated and no longer available for building, then it will fail to build new ones :wink:
Autoreplace to a new engine type if that is the case

another reason could be that you enabled autorenew in the global settings, but not in the game, so when you loaded the game, it got overwritten with saved settings in the savegame. You need to change the settings when inside the game if this is the issue. It's a known issue and hopefully it will be easier to tell when game settings can overrule global settings.
could it be to do with these lines in the config file..

autorenew = true
autorenew_months = 4294967284

the months seems rather high! Its set to -12 in the game.

Also, even though its enabled on the server, when I join as a client, its not enabled, I have to enable it manually for it to appear to work...
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

MGSteve wrote:could it be to do with these lines in the config file..

autorenew = true
autorenew_months = 4294967284

the months seems rather high! Its set to -12 in the game.
it's a signed value saved as an unsigned value and is converted back to a signed value on load. It should be ok.
MGSteve wrote:Also, even though its enabled on the server, when I join as a client, its not enabled, I have to enable it manually for it to appear to work...
hmm, didn't investigate this is multiplayer other than ensuring that it didn't cause any desyncs. I can't remember what I did to the init value in this case.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”