Post *** ALL MiniIN Problems *** Here please

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post *** ALL MiniIN Problems *** Here please

Post by richk67 »

Hi All.

Just to help keep the problems pages less cluttered with errors that were found in MiniIN from those in the rest of OTTD, please post the details in this thread.

Please try to keep this thread for error posts only; general discussions can go in the main MiniIN thread.

For each report, please state which version of MiniIN you were using, and attach a PNG screenshot and savegame if possible.

It will help me track what needs working on. Thanks.
Last edited by richk67 on 21 Jul 2006 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

For a start :)
r5530
The "full load" order is totally wrong. It behaves "randomly".
I load a save game from the previous version. In the first case the trains would unload( the passangers) and leave the station without loading new passangers.
Then i reloaded the same game and the trains stops at the station(as it should for full load), takes some passangers and starts unloading them, making profit(shown on the screenshot) at the same station (this behaviour was in the previous version). The train(s) never leaves.

The other possibility is that i am using the "full load" improperly, since no one complained so far. :D
Attachments
SMG3 Ltd., 25th Jun 1958.png
SMG3 Ltd., 25th Jun 1958.png (103.71 KiB) Viewed 19698 times
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
cinique
Engineer
Engineer

problem with autoreplace

Post by cinique »

Hi,

I use the OTTD-win32-MiniIN-r5530-MiniIN. And I have a little problem with autoreplacing engines in long more-engines trains. The same problem I had with MiniIN ver 5450 and 5476. I didnt try other versions.

I think the pictures document the problem better than my bad english :oops:

The problem occurs only with trains with more than one engines. And the problem is that the old engines are not demolished.

I am sorry if it is my fault that I cant correctly set up something. I will rewarding for any help, cause the map full of alone engines without orders is a little annoying.
Attachments
second.PNG
the train engines was autoreplaced but 2 old engines was not demolished
(667.46 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
first.PNG
the train is going to the depot to autoreplace...
(653.26 KiB) Downloaded 419 times
last.png
the two alone engines are riding the map without orders
(672.87 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
Last edited by cinique on 21 Jul 2006 19:39, edited 2 times in total.
gigajum
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gigajum »

gkirilov wrote:For a start :)
r5530
The "full load" order is totally wrong. It behaves "randomly".
I load a save game from the previous version. In the first case the trains would unload( the passangers) and leave the station without loading new passangers.
Then i reloaded the same game and the trains stops at the station(as it should for full load), takes some passangers and starts unloading them, making profit(shown on the screenshot) at the same station (this behaviour was in the previous version). The train(s) never leaves.

The other possibility is that i am using the "full load" improperly, since no one complained so far. :D
I have no idea what you are doing with the game, but i never noticed such a behaviour. I have no idea how to reproduce it or any part of the code that allows that what you said :(. You have a Savegame for me and a short text how to reproduce it.

@richk please write in the first post, that png pictures are better then jpg ones, especially in ingame screenshots.
cinique
Engineer
Engineer

png

Post by cinique »

gigajum wrote:@richk please write in the first post, that png pictures are better then jpg ones, especially in ingame screenshots.
I replaced the jpg images to png, but there are still not visible... Is it due to resolution or what am I doing wrong, please?
R2
Engineer
Engineer

Re: png

Post by R2 »

cinique wrote:I replaced the jpg images to png, but there are still not visible... Is it due to resolution or what am I doing wrong, please?
It's due to the file size. Pictures larger than something about 500KB or so are not shown. However, a full screen shot isn't always neccessary, you can cut out the most important issue using IrfanView, for example.
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

Pictures only upto 800x600 pixels are shown (like mine above).
gigajum: Check the save game. You can see the ICE1 making profit at the same station it takes the passangers from. The pass. are delived(transferred) by the city buses.
Last edited by gkirilov on 21 Jul 2006 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
gigajum
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gigajum »

AEHM
i have a Lev1 engine with three fruit trucks, and it has passengers loaded, and it drives on normal rail with ~600km/h. Sorry but THAT is extrem wrong. I think that has something todo with the grfs you're playing with. I'll look at that, but it can last.

edit: not important :)
Last edited by gigajum on 21 Jul 2006 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
gigajum
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gigajum »

cinique wrote:
gigajum wrote:@richk please write in the first post, that png pictures are better then jpg ones, especially in ingame screenshots.
I replaced the jpg images to png, but there are still not visible... Is it due to resolution or what am I doing wrong, please?
if you convert jpg to png the quality loss has already happend. You need to create the png files direct from the screen or from untouched bmp. Please take also a look here: http://wiki.openttd.org/index.php/Screenshot_format
cinique
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cinique »

gigajum wrote:
cinique wrote:
if you convert jpg to png the quality loss has already happend. You need to create the png files direct from the screen or from untouched bmp. Please take also a look here: http://wiki.openttd.org/index.php/Screenshot_format
Ok, thanks. Next time I will better ;-)
But cant you help me with my prime problem I wrote about?
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

gigajum wrote:AEHM
i have a Lev1 engine with three fruit trucks, and it has 1 passenger loaded. Sorry but THAT is extrem wrong. I think that has something todo with the grfs you're playing with. I'll look at that, but it can last.
what's AEHM?
Sorry about the grfs. I was using the new buses(from LV3) and dbxl.
Here is a similar setup. with the default config file(created by the ottd).
Attachments
orders_test_nogrf.sav
(24.35 KiB) Downloaded 584 times
Last edited by gkirilov on 21 Jul 2006 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
gigajum
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gigajum »

cinique wrote: Ok, thanks. Next time I will better ;-)
But cant you help me with my prime problem I wrote about?
No sorry, the patch is not from me. The author alse released a bugfix, which has not been commited to the svn branch. I could look after that too, but i do not want to botch in his work, sorry. Maybe it is a bug that exist in trunk, too. A Savegame would help a lot :)
gigajum
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gigajum »

gkirilov wrote:what's AEHM?
you say it when you are surprised at something which cannot be (dunno if that exists in english)

i'll look at that, but first i need to fetch that grfs :)
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

gigajum wrote:
you say it when you are surprised at something which cannot be (dunno if that exists in english)

i'll look at that, but first i need to fetch that grfs :)
Try AHEM!
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Firework Photography
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

gigajum wrote:i'll look at that, but first i need to fetch that grfs :)
The second attachment is without grfs.
cinique
Engineer
Engineer

broken replace vehicles

Post by cinique »

gigajum wrote:A Savegame would help a lot :)
Ok. Here you are.
Turn auto replace ON (because it cant be save) and assign the train to go to the depot. Then you should see what bothering me.

Thanks a lot for any help.
Attachments
replace vehicles.sav
(552.9 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
gigajum
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gigajum »

richk67 wrote:
gigajum wrote:
Try AHEM!
A miss is as good as a mile :) thanks.
gkirilov wrote:The second attachment is without grfs.
No, i still have a lev 1 with fruit trucks, loading passengers, and drivring on normal rail, in the year 1999. i like that :D. But it does nothing to the problem itself. i'm still searching :) it looks like you get the train to do loading and unloading together :?

edit: Ok i got it. Has to do with the cargo you transfer to the station. the train loads it and unloads it as it sees the cargo source station is not the same as it's current .... :?

edit2: OK now it becomes strange, it uses (it should use) the same code as in trunk and in trunk there is not that bug. :?
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

Settings for subsidiaries are not being saved. This may have been mentioned before, but I have found that this can cause an assert. I’m using r5575 ;)
1. Load a subsidiaries savegame and “forget” to switch on “Enable subsidiaries management”.
2. Open the station information window for a station used by a subsidiaries' vehicle.
3. Press the button that opens the vehicle list for the station and you get the assert:

Code: Select all

v->type == VEH_Train && (IsSisterCompany(v->owner, owner) || _patches.shared_stations
if it’s a railway station, or for a road stop:

Code: Select all

v->type == VEH_Road && (IsSisterCompany(v->owner, owner) || _patches.shared_stations
I know the assert isn't surprising under those circumstances but I feel the save settings issue should be fixed to prevent it.
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

mart3p wrote:Settings for subsidiaries are not being saved. This may have been mentioned before, but I have found that this can cause an assert. I’m using r5575 ;)
Good one.

Which settings need saving? All, or just the master subsidiaries switch? This will need a savegame bump, to make it work ok.
Firework Photography
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

I think they should all be saved. If you’ve changed the default tax values for using another players facilities, it’s really annoying to have to reset them each time you load the game.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”