[REL = Arnhem - Utrecht /WIP = Prague] LocArny's scenario's

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

[REL = Arnhem - Utrecht /WIP = Prague] LocArny's scenario's

Post by LocArny »

On my webpage I present my own-build scenario's.

Current releases are:

- Belgium
- Black Beauty
- Workers Wail
- Hawaii
- Arnhem - Utrecht
- Valley View

Planning / WIP:

- Prague ( 70% ) -> Currently being modified by citizen of Prague

Visit my site to download them:

If you have questions or comments, say them here.

Enjoy them ;)
Last edited by LocArny on 03 Jul 2006 12:33, edited 36 times in total.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

the map links for downlaod dont work and the ami link is dead. i didnt try any other links...

other then that, looks good.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

Oops, uploaded wrong pages. Everything is allright now I think.

I'll look to links page another time, don't have time anymore. Thanks for reply anyway.
Last edited by LocArny on 20 Apr 2006 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

Links are fixed, everything is working now.

I have another question: I generated a landscape, but I don't know which objective I have to give... Please give me some tips :) For screens, look at the frontpage of my site:

Will create another banner in some time btw.
TheGrew
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TheGrew »

I think that if you had two cities either side of the mountain range and you had to connect them and transport as many passegers between them.
And to make a twist you were only alowed to use boats. :twisted:
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

That map (in fictional section) looks awsome!

Makes me want to play LoMo again...
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

alistairgrew wrote:I think that if you had two cities either side of the mountain range and you had to connect them and transport as many passegers between them.
And to make a twist you were only alowed to use boats. :twisted:
Yeah, I thought of connecting passengers too. But eh... The town growth... :? But I think I am going to do it this way. With only road vehicles :lol:
2-10-0 wrote:That map (in fictional section) looks awsome!

Makes me want to play LoMo again...
Thanks! Install the game again ;)
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Hrmm how about a twist.
we have seen a rush of get oil/coal/good over the hill.... i say think we need a vacation!

put a big town on that jutting peninsula, then place a ski resort or 2 way up in the mountains on the far side of the map. goal deliver vactioning passengers, also disable planes... but maybe leave helecopters on for grins...

lol i have wanted to whip up a US narrowguage loco for a while this might be the time... to bad msts2lomo cant do the "steep" sprites or i would have made a shay a long time ago.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

Thanks for comments, scenario now released on my site :)
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

Another scenario released: Hawaii!

Just for fun, no real objective (achieve a performance index of 50,0%).

No competitors, easy scenario. For more information, screens and the downloads, go to the "Real Scenario's" page of my site (click undersign).

Enjoy, and comments please ;)
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Nice scenario. :)

Just out of curiosity, would you have any interest in helping me create a scenario for the Prague metro pack? I'll be expanding it with new trains very soon (I know I keep promising it since a while :) and thought about adding this. So the player would get only the metro trains (with new ones appearing, old getting obsolete) and a metro station and needed to transport a certain amount of passengers in a certain number of years.

In the far future, I'd like to have more Moscow and some Berlin trains, so that might be applied to those cities as well.

Let me know if there's any interest from your side. :wink:
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

Yes, I am interested ;)

Do you mean only Prague, or also a small part around it?
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

LocArny wrote:Yes, I am interested ;)

Do you mean only Prague, or also a small part around it?
Cool! :D

I think just Prague, actually as far as the current metro lines go, with the addition of the city part "Ruzyne" where the airport lies. There's plans to expand line A all the way there.

It might be interesting to see how we can connect the whole city with metro lines, not necessarily as it looks like now and also not necessarily underground. I'm thinking about making the city parts into "locomotion cities". Probably give them some room to expand as well, so that by the end of the game there's a nicely laid out city, with still some green parts.

What would you need for this actually? I guess some kind of height map is required as well as a map with the city parts, right?

It would be really great to have a pack in the future with Prague, Moscow and Berlin metro scenarios. :) Guess someone would have to do the trains first. :P

Anyway, lemme know how I can help. I'll be offline on the weekend, but I should be able to do the new train(s) during next week.

Thousand thanks!
-s :wink:
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

Oke, thanks for the info.

I need a map of Prague, with the city parts (with all the metrolines would be great). A height map can be handy, but is not really nessicary, because there are not much height differences in Prague, or am I wrong now?
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

LocArny wrote:Oke, thanks for the info.

I need a map of Prague, with the city parts (with all the metrolines would be great). A height map can be handy, but is not really nessicary, because there are not much height differences in Prague, or am I wrong now?
Prague is VERY hilly. Just have a look in Google Earth if you don't believe me. :)

I've found these maps for now:

Airport access, including metro lines and city parts (written in bold). Though this map is more schematic and doesn't necessarily follow the real proportions.
http://www.dpp.cz/download/dostupnost-letiste-den.gif

I'll have a look for a real map of Prague, but this one might serve as a guideline which city parts to include.

Ok, found another one with city parts, I think this one is geographically more correct.
http://www.dpp.cz/download/metro-a-autobusy-pid.gif
Don't mind the chaos, the city parts are written in green and the thick lines are the metro lines. :) In the upper left corner is the city part Ruzyne (airport).

Here's a clean metro map, city parts are written in bold again, not really geographically correct:
http://www.dpp.cz/download/schema-metra-v-praze.gif

And a normal map of Prague:
http://mapy2.atlas.cz/mapviewer/mapview ... name=Praha
You can scroll with CTRL+middle click.

I guess all we need now is a height map?

I hope you didn't get scared away. :wink:
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

I ain't scared so quickly :lol:

Thanks for maps etc. ;)

Now I remember Prague is very hilly, I have been once in Prague, also went with the metro btw :)

The Palace is on a high hill if I am correct (it was some years ago).

Oke, back to now:

Do you want me to make one big city from the city parts, or let them have some breathing room?

I also can make both if you prefer that, but keep in mind its difficult to build undergrounds then...

Only thing is a heightmap, yes. Well, I can have a look too ;) Will show the result.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I like your website ;) It´s good. Let´s hope you´ll get some more scenarios there
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

ChrillDeVille wrote:I like your website ;) It´s good. Let´s hope you´ll get some more scenarios there
Thanks :) I just started, and I hope I will get some more too :D

I have some idea's, and of course I am working on Prague nearly, so stay tuned ;)
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

LocArny wrote: Now I remember Prague is very hilly, I have been once in Prague, also went with the metro btw :)

The Palace is on a high hill if I am correct (it was some years ago).
Yes, the castle is up on a hill. The whole city is actually very cascaded and the metro is even crossing a valley (between I.P.Pavlova and Vysehrad stations) inside a bridge.

http://www.metroweb.cz/metro/stanice/li ... 180979.JPG
http://www.metroweb.cz/metro/stanice/li ... 203663.JPG
Oke, back to now:

Do you want me to make one big city from the city parts, or let them have some breathing room?

I also can make both if you prefer that, but keep in mind its difficult to build undergrounds then...
Definitely leave some breathing room as they will be expanding during the course of the game anyway. We might have to play a couple of test games to see how much it will expand (I'm thinking about 25 years? - beginning from 1974), so that at the end there's a nice big city, but still with green parts, like 33%. Dunno, we might have to experiment with this.
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

Yes, we will see, but first I have to build it ;)

Couldn't find a height map btw... Can you look for it in Czech maybe?

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”